2022 OTA's / Minicamp / Training Camp / PreSeason / Super Bowl

Leader

14 minutes ago, R T said:

Not if they keep 10 on the original 53, which is what I'm expecting with Bakh and Jenkins more than likely not being ready for opening day. 

Don't we normally one suit up 7 on the offensive line? Meaning, keeping 9 is still the play. 

Bak, Jenkins, Nijman, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Tom, Ryhan, Jones. IF 10 the 10th one comes down to: CLV, Walker, Hanson.

If Jenkins and Bak are out week 1 this is the starting line-up I'm expecting in bold. 

Bakhtiari off PUP list.

"He's only going to do individual [drills]," LaFleur said before practice. "So you guys can kind of temper the expectations because I know there's going to be a bunch of questions now. It'll just be individual. It's just the next step, but we are excited to get him out there on the grass. We'll take it one day at a time."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Don't we normally one suit up 7 on the offensive line? Meaning, keeping 9 is still the play. 

Bak, Jenkins, Nijman, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Tom, Ryhan, Jones. IF 10 the 10th one comes down to: CLV, Walker, Hanson.

If Jenkins and Bak are out week 1 this is the starting line-up I'm expecting in bold. 

After last year, I think you pretty much have to disregard Jenkins and Bak until they have played a game and survived it without new setbacks.   So keeping 9 is really only keeping 7 which isn't enough. Has to be 10 (8) really.

Be surprised if Hanson doesn't make it given he is in the mix for actually starting. 

Roster Questions.

Perhaps too early to definitely say, but for giggles, presently at...

TE: Becker or Cannella?

OL: Keep Caleb Jones or risk him on the Practice Squad? Yes, we've only seen him against backups, 3rd stringers, but there is potential there. Could we get by with cutting Hanson (Tom as Backup Center in addition to RT, something which we haven't seen yet?) and thereby keeping Jones? 

DL: Heflin or Slayton? 

Just some musings...

Edited by DWhitehurst

51 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

After last year, I think you pretty much have to disregard Jenkins and Bak until they have played a game and survived it without new setbacks.   So keeping 9 is really only keeping 7 which isn't enough. Has to be 10 (8) really.

Be surprised if Hanson doesn't make it given he is in the mix for actually starting. 

16 man PS, and I really doubt any teams is clamoring to get any of Hanson, CVL or Walker. Maybe Jones with the frame/athleticism as others have mentioned gets poached by a bad team. But we should get a comfortable amount of reserves just a week away from helping out.

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Heard Watson is doing team drills now. Hopefully we can get a glimpse of him at the last preseason game. 

It will be vs. guys who will be selling hot ham and rolls on Sundays but I’m all for him being healthy and getting a glimpse of what he can do. I hope he gets some snaps.  I don’t think they keep Love in more than a half, no real reason to but hope we see at least one longball to CW. 

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

16 man PS, and I really doubt any teams is clamoring to get any of Hanson, CVL or Walker. Maybe Jones with the frame/athleticism as others have mentioned gets poached by a bad team. But we should get a comfortable amount of reserves just a week away from helping out.

Walker is a guy I totally forgot about. Was he that hurt that he couldn't practice or see any preseason action? Or are they just trying to sneak him on the PS?

52 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Nice. I think even if he’s gonna be good to go by sept 11 you keep it tight to keep MN guessing

I hope they both go Week 1 but idk why, just have this feeling that Jenkins is going to start Week 1 but Bak is going to start Week 2 at home vs the Bears. 

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The 10th would be Hanson… the coaching staff for whatever reason loves him. And I’m assuming he is the second center, if something happens with Myers.