2023 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

Quentin Johnston 40 times ~4.5 from his pro day. Pretty good, but not as fast as many were predicting. Still a great athlete with his explosion numbers. I don't see him a great fit for this offense, but would trust it if that's the direction the Vikings wanted to go.

4.49 and 4.5, pretty disappointing honestly.  Especially since those are probably inflated because it was a Pro day.    I would hope he ran a 4.3 range 40 honestly.  Love his big play ability but that is a slow time and I agree not sure he is a fit with his route running skill and since he is obviously no Randy Moss speed wise is probably best to just wait and get a WR in the 3rd if Addison is gone already.

Landers and Weaton are by far faster than Johnston and would be cheaper and a deep threat.  Mingo is very good and could be around the 3rd round, same with Tillman who is a tough guy, Perry they probably have no shot at and he is gone round 2.  Landers and Wheaton would be around rounds 3-6 potentially, Ngata and Shorter same thing.

Matt Landers 6-4 200:  4.37

Bryce Ford-Wheaton 6-4 221: 4.38

Jonathan Mingo 6-2 220:  4.46

AT Perry 6-3 1/2  198:  4.47

Cedric Tillman 6-3 213: 4.54

Joseph Ngata 6-3 217: 4.54

Justin Shorter 6-4 229: 4.55

If Johnston had tighter route running maybe but for a Pro day that is a disappointing time no question.  

4 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

That is really cool but he did that back in college against USF when he was running into the tunnel.  Pretty nuts how easily a man that large can do that though.  Super athlete no question and hitting the roof with his pass did not hurt, even though I bet many QBs could do that if they wanted to.  Guy has totally locked it up and should be a top 5 pick no question with all he has shown athletically, hopefully he can sit a bit though and learn in the NFL.  

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Sorry, dorian thompson Robinson. He’s the ucla qb in this years draft. Check him out. 

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Overview
Five-year starter with below-average size, above-average mobility and a recent history of improvement at the position. Thompson-Robinson played in a favorable scheme for quarterbacks, but he also improved as a field-reader over time. While he can extend plays and create opportunities for himself outside of the pocket, he’s at his best when he’s throwing on time and utilizing possession throws as his base. He has lapses in vision and judgment against zone and when pressured, so he must cut down on ill-advised throws. Thompson-Robinson has the potential to find a home as a QB3 with a QB2 ceiling.

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

do you ever aspire to grow up?

asking for a lot of friends.

It's a lite joke. Taking your own advice here could help.

Or, you're free to keep on scrolling!

I believe it was you who said something along the lines of "relax, take a chill pill" etc to me before.

7 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Lame and tedious. He carried this team with the 31 st ranked defense. 

He sure did. Cousins played very well for us, though it seemed it took him some time to really pick up another offense. Perhaps that's why we saw quite a few of those passes this season?

On 3/29/2023 at 9:18 PM, KeithVikings28 said:

He’s not that great tbh. I think he will just be a middle of the pack guy in the league. 

Strongly disagree. He will be a top 5 back in the league 

On 3/29/2023 at 9:42 PM, wcblack34 said:

Yep. I’m old enough to remember the Dennis Green Vikings knowing that they’d probably lose if they didn’t score 40. 

That was McCombs failing to spend money of the Defense and many other parts of the entire organization

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Will Levis has been mocked to the Vikings so much lately, that at this point it’s either a brilliant smokescreen, or the worst kept secret in the league. 

Personally, I’m all for it!

Will Levis might be off my board now. 

45 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Will Levis has been mocked to the Vikings so much lately, that at this point it’s either a brilliant smokescreen, or the worst kept secret in the league. 

Personally, I’m all for it!

Seattle, Buccaneers, Washington, maybe Detroit, Houston, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Indianapolis and Carolina all need QBs.  Plus Seattle and Detroit pick twice each before the Vikings selection.  

No way Levis makes it down all through that, but yes if he is sitting there how could they not get him?  I just really do not think he is sitting there in the QB desperate NFL, and that is 11 picks if you include the two teams with two picks ahead of the Vikings, 11 possible QB selections out of 22 picks, no way all four top QBs are not gone in those picks.    Possibly could throw the Titans in there also if they were not a fan of Wills last year...

I saw one where the Vikings got Hooker at the 23rd pick, no way I would be game with that one.  Levis, yeah sure even though his mechanics are kind of off, has a thin lower body and knows how to throw the heater but does not have great touch on his passes.  As a developmental guy he would be very interesting though no question.  

9 hours ago, Boda said:

That was McCombs failing to spend money of the Defense and many other parts of the entire organization

No, it wasn't.  It was Dennis Green's inability to scout and evaluate defensive players. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Seattle, Buccaneers, Washington, maybe Detroit, Houston, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Indianapolis and Carolina all need QBs.  Plus Seattle and Detroit pick twice each before the Vikings selection.  

No way Levis makes it down all through that, but yes if he is sitting there how could they not get him?  I just really do not think he is sitting there in the QB desperate NFL, and that is 11 picks if you include the two teams with two picks ahead of the Vikings, 11 possible QB selections out of 22 picks, no way all four top QBs are not gone in those picks.    Possibly could throw the Titans in there also if they were not a fan of Wills last year...

I saw one where the Vikings got Hooker at the 23rd pick, no way I would be game with that one.  Levis, yeah sure even though his mechanics are kind of off, has a thin lower body and knows how to throw the heater but does not have great touch on his passes.  As a developmental guy he would be very interesting though no question.  

Obviously Levis is bombing all of the interviews besides the one with the Vikings

48 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Why?

And please don’t say it was Chad Forbes’ tweet 🙄 

So from the full game cut up I have seen, he seems to give into the DL pressure too easily (too often and when not really needed), and flushes out/up (typically vertically), with little gain. I would rather see a QB sit back more often and continue to deliver the ball down field (even if some sacks come with it). So that's like me perceiving him as "rushing his decision making" which by extension means his internal clock is running a bit too fast. It is correctable? maybe ... but if could be closer to arm strength, sometimes you have it and sometimes you dont.

Edited by CriminalMind