Tom Brady joining Fox Sports as lead NFL analyst after he retires

August4th

53 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Hard disagree.

I'll take bland and boring Aikman over obnoxious and smug Collinsworth, easily. The former is ignore-able, the latter is insufferable.

Im sick of Collinsworth constantly claiming every player is having a great season,  despite the opposite being true in many cases.

He is the walking embodiment of PFF.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why is aikman getting so much? He’s so dry and bland who wants to listen to him?

I like Aikman on color. Always have. 

Funny, because I've heard similar criticism regarding his delivery, but at the same time someone like Pat Summerall seems to be protected by nostalgia. But if people of this generation actually had to listen to him call a game, week after week, they'd roast him over the coals too. 

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I just don't get where it makes fiscal sense. Have any of you said "well I wasn't going to watch Team A vs Team B, but since Tony Romo is on the call, I will now." 

Why pay so much for something that doesn't increase viewership? I'd watch the annoying kids that call the Nickelodeon games if they were on the Packers game. If Tom Brady is calling Seahawks vs Lions in 2023 I'm not tuning in just to hear his voice.

Loyal football fans will watch no matter what. Brady can get the casuals to tune in and is easy on the eyes for the female demographic.

Still wayyyyyyyyy too much money for a guy with no experience in the booth. He could be a complete dud.

• Like 1

Once again, casuals will get stuck on the big number when we really need to see how this deal is structured first. This might sound like a lot of money now but the network cap has been increasing every year and this will look like a steal in the next 2-4 years. FOX is taking advantage of Tom’s rookie stint and they’re going for gold.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Hard disagree.

I'll take bland and boring Aikman over obnoxious and smug Collinsworth, easily. The former is ignore-able, the latter is insufferable.

At least Collinsworth never claimed Miles Austin was the best WR in the league at one point. 😆