Veteran DL Jack Crawford retires

TheKillerNacho

I thought he was going to be a day two pick, I thought the Raiders got a steal snagging him in the 5th... not so much.

He was a decent rotational player for Dallas after a couple years adjusting to the NFL. He and Grady Jarret where a really nasty duo one year but that seems like it was a fluke for Crawford. 1/3rd of his career sacks came in that season.

Good for Jack you've done well my guy now get some rest and enjoy it.  Thought he played hard when he was a Falcon and never gave up on plays even if his talents weren't that of some others on the team i feel he made more plays than they did at times anyways.   

19 hours ago, Dome said:

I thought he was going to be a day two pick, I thought the Raiders got a steal snagging him in the 5th... not so much.

9 year career, 35 starts for $14 mio would have been pretty decent get (even a 'steal') for a 5th round pick. To bad he had his production playing for other franchises.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 6:44 AM, Dome said:

He was a decent rotational player for Dallas after a couple years adjusting to the NFL. He and Grady Jarret where a really nasty duo one year but that seems like it was a fluke for Crawford. 1/3rd of his career sacks came in that season.

ill never forget seeing him in training camp and thinking "this guy is going to suck"

Funny story about Crawford.

I went to Penn State, and one weekend we threw a pretty big party at our house off campus. He shows up out of no where pretty late with some girl and in conversation, notices our N64. My roommates and I took Super Smash Bros way too seriously and he decided to challenge us. He picks DK (who is probably one of the easiest players to beat) and my roommate gives me a look like "this poor guy is gonna get destroyed". Well, Crawford ended up being by far the best DK I've ever seen and we ended up playing right through the party into the early morning, all while the girl is trying to drag him back to her place. The guy was awesome. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, BakeSpeaks said:

ill never forget seeing him in training camp and thinking "this guy is going to suck"

he definitely needed time to develop, more time than I expected when I mocked him to the saints in the 3rd. 

he was known for being a quick learner and hard worker during the draft, that with his prototypical size and great motor I thought he would be a great 3rd/4th pass rusher on the team. if he had played for the Raiders like he did the moment he went to dallas you guys would've loved him for a 5th round pick lol

Edited by Dome

53 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Funny story about Crawford.

I went to Penn State, and one weekend we threw a pretty big party at our house off campus. He shows up out of no where pretty late with some girl and in conversation, notices our N64. My roommates and I took Super Smash Bros way too seriously and he decided to challenge us. He picks DK (who is probably one of the easiest players to beat) and my roommate gives me a look like "this poor guy is gonna get destroyed". Well, Crawford ended up being by far the best DK I've ever seen and we ended up playing right through the party into the early morning, all while the girl is trying to drag him back to her place. The guy was awesome. 

This is one of the best personal stories I’ve read here. That’s awesome.

• Like 1