She-Hulk - Disney+ August 17th - Trailer dropped

Deadpulse

On 8/19/2022 at 6:11 PM, Xenos said:

Really enjoyed the pilot. The CGI wasn’t distracting like the earlier trailers. But what made the episode was Bruce’s and Jennifer’s relationship. They just played off each other really well.

Honestly this is the MCU's strength - along with world-building, and paying off continuity.    When they try and go for the big budget action scenes, etc. - it's not what they do best...unless you care a **** ton about the characters.   That's when their magic happens (Cap showing up from the shadows in IW, or catching Heimdall in Endgame, or the hug between Tony & Peter when he returns - prime examples of the scenes hitting all the feels because we care so much about the ppl, and the story/continuity they just paid off).

If they can make Jennifer likeable, and the cast around ppl you root for - it makes it a TON easier.    Ms. Marvel had that going on in S1 - and then they decided to go for some very iffy decisions with the trip to Pakistan, and that god-awful chase / fight scene.    But at least they made the 4 characters likely to continue (Kamala, Kamran, Bruno + Nakia) all very likeable, and characters you can root for / get interested in.

Maslany should have zero trouble creating a nuanced, likeable Jennifer.  We're already seeing a good start there.   Just build the world & cast around her, and hopefully don't F this one up, ppl.  The potential is there to succeed or really F this up (LOL), so I'm hopeful, but still wary. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Agreed, I enjoyed the first episode but it was a lot of the standard backstory/setup stuff that's hard to screw up too bad.  Really enjoyed where they are taking this and as always, love love love the tie ins. They are really fleshing out Damage Control with these D+ series, and I love that they tied Abomination's Shang-Chi fight in with this.  Maslany is doing a good job making the character feel relatable and likable.

I assume that's the last we see of Bruce in this series.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, D82 said:

I kinda wish the episodes were a bit longer.

Really interested to see where they go with Hulk 

I get that, but at least it's 9 of them.  I don't mind a breezy watch as long as it still brings some story.  And if the typical patterns hold, the last 1-2 episodes will be a bit longer.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I get that, but at least it's 9 of them.  I don't mind a breezy watch as long as it still brings some story.  And if the typical patterns hold, the last 1-2 episodes will be a bit longer.

There’s just very little content out right now that I’m interested in watching, this is one of the few so I just wish it took up more time than 30 minutes 😂 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, D82 said:

There’s just very little content out right now that I’m interested in watching, this is one of the few so I just wish it took up more time than 30 minutes 😂 

Yeah, it's a bit dry out there right now, that's why i've been dipping into classic movies lately.  Just this week I watched Goodfellas, The Departed, and S natch

Edited by THE DUKE
Can't believe we can't type ******

I love when D+ series balance referencing past events, setting up future events, and telling the story of the star character (while also sprinkling in Easter eggs throughout). I thought WandaVision and Loki were the best to do it so for of the D+ series. Through 2 episodes SheHulk is right there with them for me.

Hopefully they can stick the landing, something that has been a bit of a struggle for D+ series.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, D82 said:

I kinda wish the episodes were a bit longer.

Really interested to see where they go with Hulk 

Yeah I was surprised when the episode ended. But maybe it’s a good thing that I’m enjoying it so much that it’s breezing through.

So, so far-

awful writing, crap CGI, awkward dialogue, acting is meh, gender politics, bad pacing

and you can tell the writer has no confidence, they’ve no idea how to develop a protagonist. There is no set up with Jen, the audience is TOLD in the first scene how great she is. There is no development. We need evidence and set up, not just have her colleagues say how amazing she is. 

however, not really into Marvel, so maybe the fans of these kind of things are just used to it by now. 

Edited by Hunter2_1