Make the case for why your team will win Super Bowl 57

Bolts223

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

The Pats are a big reason for this in the case of a lot of the AFC teams.

They were in the AFC Championship 13/18 years from 2001-2018.

But in the salary cap era it's very unlikely we see a dynasty as dominant as that again.

For the Chargers, sure - they lost to them three times.

The Raiders only played Brady once in his first playoff run - so in the past 20 years, didn't play him. Browns never played them either.

8 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

The Pats are a big reason for this in the case of a lot of the AFC teams.

They were in the AFC Championship 13/18 years from 2001-2018.

But in the salary cap era it's very unlikely we see a dynasty as dominant as that again.

QBS in the AFCCG 2001-2017

• Brady 12
  • Manning 5
  • Ben 5
  • Flacco 3
  • Everyone else 9

2018-2021

• Mahomes 4
  • Brady 1

Everyone else 3

I'd say its rough being an AFC QB and I'd also say we are looking at another possible dynasty so far.

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

QBS in the AFCCG 2001-2017

• Brady 12
  • Manning 5
  • Ben 5
  • Flacco 3
  • Everyone else 9

2018-2021

• Mahomes 4
  • Brady 1

Everyone else 3

I'd say its rough being an AFC QB and I'd also say we are looking at another possible dynasty so far.

Chiefs will probably be in it a lot as long as Mahomes/Reid are there but I'd be hesitant before I say that they're approaching a Pats level dynasty.

8 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Chiefs will probably be in it a lot as long as Mahomes/Reid are there but I'd be hesitant before I say that they're approaching a Pats level dynasty.

Just in the context of dominating the AFC its hard to beat 4 for 4 in 4 years as a starter.

They did get the boss level this year with that division though.

Edited by SkippyX

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Just in the context of dominating the AFC its hard to beat 4 for 4 in 4 years as a starter.

They did get the boss level this year with that division though.

Sure but that was also mostly with Mahomes on his rookie deal. Also Andy isn't exactly young.

He's 6 years younger than BB. I don't care about 2031 right now.

The rookie deal thing was a myth and its completely useless now if the expando-cap.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/tom-bradys-patriots-contracts-through-years#:~:text=06 2013&text=After an MVP season in,the 2013 league year began.

• 2001 was a rookie deal (with the highest paid player in the league at QB1 week 1) and all 9 after were not.
  • Manning's 4 were not on a rookie deal.
  • Rodgers was not
  • Ben was not for 2 of 3
  • Stafford was not
  • Brees was not
  • Ryan was not
  • Cam was not
  • Eli's 2nd was not
  • Warner 2 and 3 were not
  • Hasselbeck was not
  • Delhomme was not
  • Johnson was not
  • McNabb was not
  • Gannon was not

So we've got Wilson x2, Mahomes x2, Eli 1, Brady 1, Burrow, and Flacco?

If Wentz counts then Kaepernick does not.

That rookie deal theory is absolute 100% grade Z garbage propaganda.

On 5/19/2022 at 12:58 PM, stl4life07 said:

The Rams will be a better team this upcoming season. People are freaking out about the Rams having the toughest schedule but I hope you all know that the Rams had the 2nd toughest schedule last season and still won the Superbowl.

Some might say the Rams will have a Superbowl hangover but again do those people realize that in recent history the teams that won the Superbowl the previous season start the next season on fire? The Rams usually start the season in September on great footing. McVay has lost a total of 3 games in his 5yrs as the Rams head coach in the month of September. So I expect the Rams to get off to another fast start. I wont be shocked if they start the season off (5-1) entering their BYE in Week 7. 

I think Noteboom will bring youth and athleticism to the LT spot. He also was able to learn from Whitworth as well as get some starts under his belt especially in big games. He started the Bucs game in the playoffs and had a tremendous game. As a matter of fact the Rams were (3-0) when Whitworth missed the game and Noteboom took over as the starter. I know small sample size but anyone who is worried about Whitworth being gone and who is going to replace him, well Noteboom will be just fine. Then Whitworth still left the door open that he could come back. Now Im thinking he would only come back if the Rams OL was in shambles where Noteboom got lost for a significant amount of time if not the season and the Rams needed help in the worst way down the stretch and they couldnt trade for someone after the deadline. 

I also love the addition of ARob. OBJ I strongly think will come back and be a big part of the team in November throughout. So ARob, Kupp, Jefferson, Higbee, potentially OBJ and we dont even know what to expect from Tutu. If he can give us something as a versatile guy on offense that would be great. Not to mention a healthy Akers and Henderson for a full season in the run game. I expect the offense to be better with Stafford being in his 2nd season and the most underrated addition in the offseason is Liam Coen back with McVay but as the OC.

On defense the loss of Von hurts but I love the addition of Wagner. He will help the defense be a force in the run game and when the Rams face the Niners or any team that is physical he will help the Rams matchup well with them. Not to mention Wagner helped the Seahawks young linebackers play well last season and I think he will do the same for the Rams young linebackers. I can see Jones and Howard taking be steps forward as a result of Wagner being there. So I think the defense will be steady. Definitely better than how it started last season under Morris. 

So overall I think the Rams can win the Superbowl bc I think they will be better and of course we know how aggressive they stay. If they feel like they have a weakness during the season they will go out and make a big trade to fix it. They definitely is not going to sit on the fact they won a Superbowl last season and thats it. They want to win another one. Its LA and they wont be just satisfied with one title. In order for greatness they need to win multiple titles so the grind and hunger will still be there. Now lets go see if the Rams can run it back. 

Every single Super Bowl team that didn’t repeat wasn’t satisfied with one it’s just really hard to win back to back lol.

I’m dying at you acting like this Rams wanting to win more than one is some unique phenomenon. You think last years bucs who brought EVERYONE back didn’t want to win back to back?😄

• Like 1

Payton has been holding back Pete Carmichael's genius for years.

Winston throws 68 TDs and 9 INTs (4 were balls bobbled by the WR). 

AK2K goes off for 2,089 rushing yards on the season, catches 85 passes for over 1k as well. 35 combined scores.

Marcus May has 11 interceptions with 4 pick-sixes, Tyrann adds a half dozen of his own with half going for scores.

Demario Davis kills Tom Brady in their first meeting.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson baits Mike Evans and Chris Godwin into attempting to burn his house down, they are arrested.

Aaron Donald is suspended for a season for choking someone.

A few lucky bounces.

That should do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Every single Super Bowl team that didn’t repeat wasn’t satisfied with one it’s just really hard to win back to back lol.

I’m dying at you acting like this Rams wanting to win more than one is some unique phenomenon. You think last years bucs who brought EVERYONE back didn’t want to win back to back?😄

I literally think you are reading way too much into what I said. I felt like I had to say it just bc there are those who believe that since the Rams won the Superbowl that they wont be as hungry as they were. People believed that about the Bucs players outside of Brady last season. Yes I know its hard to win back to back. I just felt like for those who feel the Rams wont be as driven as they were last season I must say that I feel like they will be hungry to win another one regardless if they actually do repeat or not they still will put their best foot forward to try to do so.  

On 5/18/2022 at 9:16 PM, rob_shadows said:

For the Lions...umm... Yeah I got nothing.

Goff sells his soul for an MVP season? Idk...I don't think that would be enough tbh.

Entire rest of league on IR for bitten off knee caps.?

Las Vegas Raiders

Overall

- McDaniels proves to be a good head coach in his second stint and his prowess as one of the best play callers in the league takes our offense to the next level. 

Offensively

- Carr takes a step up in McDaniels system surrounded by the best supporting cast of his career with the best play caller he has ever played with. 

- Offensive line shakes out to be an average to above average unit somehow, someway. 

- Adams, Waller, and Renfrow all stay healthy throughout the season and prove to be the best trio in the NFL.

Defensively

- Patrick Graham's multiple look scheme provides a huge upgrade to the DC's that we've had in the past.

- Crosby/Jones prove to be the best edge duo in the league and our young interior DL make an impact.

- Our young DB group all take a step up and our LB's all play well in the system.