2022 Around league

dll2000

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Meh.  He probably thought Tampa was really good this year.   Plus he would have to run new plays under Shanahan.   

Denver looked pretty good on paper heading into 2022.  LA same.  

49ers may stink next year with or without Brady.  They lose some guys in FA.  Some key guys get hurt.  Everything is different.

Someone will win a lot of games next year that people don't expect like MN, Giants and Seattle.  

I think he came back at all it would be to the Raiders and McDaniels where he is super comfortable with system and not SF.

The thing is, he could go to SF and do what Jimmy G did, which is throw the ball less than 25 times per game just to keep the defense honest. The run game runs that team.

Packers seem to think they are getting first plus for David B. in a trade. 

Putting a lot of videos out about how well he played and how good he feels now.  

Plus a crazy haul for Rodgers.  

I have seen crazy trades in NFL so I am not going say impossible to either, especially Rodgers, but I think you have to be drunk to take those kinds of risks.  

Bak has barely played football last two years and is likely to go down again quickly in season. Heck he may just say my knee hurts and not even play at all.  You are going to trade a first plus for him and his contract rather than draft one of the better rookie OTs in first?  Or sign a young FA? That would be madness.

Rodgers is on his very likely his last year and didn’t look great last year.  Looked actually really bad for a large number of games.  Plus he isn’t a people person. 

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Packers seem to think they are getting first plus for David B. in a trade. 

Putting a lot of videos out about how well he played and how good he feels now.  

Plus a crazy haul for Rodgers.  

I have seen crazy trades in NFL so I am not going say impossible to either, especially Rodgers, but I think you have to be drunk to take those kinds of risks.  

Bak has barely played football last two years and is likely to go down again quickly in season. Heck he may just say my knee hurts and not even play at all.  You are going to trade a first plus for him and his contract rather than draft one of the better rookie OTs in first?  Or sign a young FA? That would be madness.

Rodgers is on his very likely his last year and didn’t look great last year.  Looked actually really bad for a large number of games.  Plus he isn’t a people person. 

I wouldn't look too much into it. Every team wants to buy low and sell high. You never put an initial bid at what you will accept, you put it forward for what you want and hope for someone to be desperate enough to bite.

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't look too much into it. Every team wants to buy low and sell high. You never put an initial bid at what you will accept, you put it forward for what you want and hope for someone to be desperate enough to bite.

I suppose we have put out plenty of crazy trades for #1 pick. 

• Like 1

A lot of smoke today around Rodgers heading to the Raiders...former Packers LB Sam Barrington saying he has heard form a source close it it that it's a done deal...

Could they do #7 plus Derek Carr? Would make the division interesting but let's be honest Carr is another Cousins...great in the regular season...pretty terrible come crunch time...

Rodgers with McDaniels would be an interesting fit.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

A lot of smoke today around Rodgers heading to the Raiders...former Packers LB Sam Barrington saying he has heard form a source close it it that it's a done deal...

Could they do #7 plus Derek Carr? Would make the division interesting but let's be honest Carr is another Cousins...great in the regular season...pretty terrible come crunch time...

I can’t imagine GB won’t go forward with Love if they do indeed move Rodgers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I can’t imagine GB won’t go forward with Love if they do indeed move Rodgers. 

I feel if they believed in Love then they would have moved on from Rodgers last offseason...I don't see what has changed this then when it comes to Love...

Yet more smoke...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

This would be excellent from a standpoint of bizarre stories getting leaked as the raiders season goes off the rails. I vote yes. 

Does anyone remember which Packers fan on here I made a bottle bet with over who would get more starts (Love vs Mitch?) I would double that. 

26 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

This would be excellent from a standpoint of bizarre stories getting leaked as the raiders season goes off the rails. I vote yes. 

I'll be honest I just don't get the thinking from the Raiders point of view...that team is not a QB away from truly competing especially in a division with Mahomes & Herbert...Rodgers is already on the downside of his career and will turn 40 during next season...really only the 49ers would make perfect sense...anyone else is a reach and this has all the haul marks of another Russell Wilson trade where you think your getting the player from 5-10 years ago and you simply aren't.

David Tepper and his deep pockets strikes again...interested to see if they move to a 3-4 defence which is his background or if he adjusts to what is already there...

As for us I still think Tepper is obsessed with getting a QB so a move down too #9 along side a couple of 2nd round picks & maybe a player or 3rd round pick then a 1st next year would be a nice move for us if we want to go with getting more swings at talent rather than just looking for a home run.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I feel if they believed in Love then they would have moved on from Rodgers last offseason...I don't see what has changed this then when it comes to Love...

Yet more smoke...

I mean that isn't really surprising when the Jets franchise itself would rather be the Raiders. 

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I'll be honest I just don't get the thinking from the Raiders point of view...that team is not a QB away from truly competing especially in a division with Mahomes & Herbert...Rodgers is already on the downside of his career and will turn 40 during next season...really only the 49ers would make perfect sense...anyone else is a reach and this has all the haul marks of another Russell Wilson trade where you think your getting the player from 5-10 years ago and you simply aren't.

Well, I'm not saying it's a GOOD idea, in fact I think it would be a disaster for all involved and probably create some really nutty fireworks as it all devolves and adds another strange and bitchy chapter to the career of that wanker from GB, so I guess I'm saying it's a GREAT idea.  

In all fairness I can't think of a worse destination from the likely optionsto trade for Rodgers.  Always been down on McDaniels and with his history of ******* hating any QB that's not Tom Brady I could see things going off the rails before they sit down for their first meeting. If you were uncle Fester Mark Davis, wouldn't you feel the slightest stirrings of curiousity about your new coach jettisoning the franchise QB in year one? I've kvetched about the Poles/Flus plan presented to McCaskey for Fields, but imagine feeling like you're ready to compete with your hot new coach and all of a sudden starting over at QB for some reason, in that division.  "So the plan is, we just go get a great QB from nowhere, and Patrick Mahomes gets run over, and Justin Herbert joins a monestary and.."

On 2/4/2023 at 8:52 AM, Ty21 said:

TIL3MXj.jpg
the eagles are actually crazy at drafting. Hopefully Ian Cunningham was the entire reason 

Without looking the other side of ball is more reversed for each.  KC is more drafted and Eagles have a number of mercenaries. 

But both have drafted well in recent years obviously.