2022 Around league

dll2000

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im honestly a little shocked Peyton wants to try to do this Russ thing

With even less draft picks.  If they do big cash signing bonuses with many years you don't really need tons of draft picks.  You can really circumvent the cap.

Interesting that NO has 2 first rounders now.   They can bid to move up for a QB now too.  

Spongebob Squarepants Nickelodeon GIF

Patrick Star 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

With even less draft picks.  If they do big cash signing bonuses with many years you don't really need tons of draft picks.  You can really circumvent the cap.

Interesting that NO has 2 first rounders now.   They can bid to move up for a QB now too.  

Spongebob Squarepants Nickelodeon GIF

Patrick Star 

except they traded their original 1st rounder last year to the eagles, so they only have the 29th pick

26 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Another thing in regards to this is does this now trigger a rebuild in Tampa? Can we maybe get in on a yard sale? How much does Mike Evans cost?

It definitely should. But you know NFL teams, they built this up to win now, so they are more likely to patchwork for at least a year before they admit defeat.

(Im also not convinced he's completely retired)

Edited by StLunatic88

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

It definitely should. But you know NFL teams, they built this up to win now, so they are more likely to patchwork for at least a year before they admit defeat.

(Im also not convinced he's completely retired)

I think Brady is really done this time.   Last year was a tough year for him all the way around.

He should have really hung it up prior to last season.  Last season was not worth his marriage.  Yes a wife should never have put him in that position and that is sad, but it was what it was and he paid a heavy price in his family life.  

I think Rodgers should quit this year as well, but it sounds like he will try one more year.  I don't think GB wants him back though.  I think it will be somewhere else.

I wouldn't want him personally at this point, I don't think he is key to get any team to a title that I can think of.  I think he could get Seahawks, Titans, Raiders or Jets to playoffs, if he played better than last year, maybe deep, but not to SB.   

Indy has stated they have no interest in another vet QB.  I think Atlanta and Carolina don't have enough talent to interest him.  

But it does look like Jets do want him.  I hope they give up very little.  They are probably bidding against themselves.

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Another thing in regards to this is does this now trigger a rebuild in Tampa? Can we maybe get in on a yard sale? How much does Mike Evans cost?

His most recent season was statistically prolific to the point of this comment just sounding stupid, but it looks like Evans took a step back last year and looked lost a lot. I don’t think the league will have caught on to that same understanding since his numbers are still there but I feel like he’s knocking on the tail end of his prime and starting to regress, but his trade value should still be high unless they’re just trying to gut it and start fresh. 

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

His most recent season was statistically prolific to the point of this comment just sounding stupid, but it looks like Evans took a step back last year and looked lost a lot. I don’t think the league will have caught on to that same understanding since his numbers are still there but I feel like he’s knocking on the tail end of his prime and starting to regress, but his trade value should still be high unless they’re just trying to gut it and start fresh. 

Evans did not look great last year watching him play.  Good, but not great.  And I loved Evans coming out and loved him since.  I don't want him now.  I would be happy with him on team, but I don't want to give up anything for him.   

I think Hopkins is worlds better going the high end older vet WR trade route.  

I don't see Poles doing it though.  If an older vet WR were cherry on top of a rebuilt roster I think he would.   I think he wants to keep adding young talent and see where it goes.

I would love to be surprised and see Hopkins traded for (if he gets a bargain) because I think it would help Fields develop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

He should have really hung it up prior to last season.

whats annoying is guys like ryan jensen, chris godwin, carlton dean, etc likely would have tested FA more had they known TB12 wasn't going to come back. now they're locked in with... kyle trask? as their qb

47 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Evans did not look great last year watching him play.  Good, but not great.  And I loved Evans coming out and loved him since.  I don't want him now.  I would be happy with him on team, but I don't want to give up anything for him.   

agreed, evans hit his 1,000 yard mark again this year, but it was in the last game and it took a miracle 200+ yard game to get it. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I think Brady is really done this time.   Last year was a tough year for him all the way around.

He should have really hung it up prior to last season.  Last season was not worth his marriage.  Yes a wife should never have put him in that position and that is sad, but it was what it was and he paid a heavy price in his family life.  

He might be, but the dude just cant stay away. 

And last season was not the reason that their marriage ended. It was talked about by alot of people actually around them, that the relationship was already deteriorated. She wanted him to retire a decade ago. (and she was wrong then too)

I dont doubt that he is retired right now, but didnt he retire on the Same Day last year too?

Come training camp, and Purdy isnt fully healthy yet, and Lance is underwhelming again, is he going to be able to say no to a ready made Championship team? His Childhood team?

Or if they dont need him/he isnt ready, what if we get 5 weeks into the season Tua gets another concussion (which would likely shut him down for the season) and they come calling, from his current home town with another Super Bowl contending roster?

Or even if the Bucs get healthy again, are around .500 halfway through the season, and its clear that the QB is the issue (Gabbert/Trask are an anchor) and they are begging him to come back for one more run?

These are all very realistic, id even say likely, scenarios that he is just going to walk away from them all? I just dont see it.

Guy already gave up his relationship for football, and now hes going to walk away from the sport 5 months later. Especially as he is still probably a Top 20 QB in the world (definitely Top 32)

Edited by StLunatic88

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He might be, but the dude just cant stay away. 

And last season was not the reason that their marriage ended. It was talked about by alot of people actually around them, that the relationship was already deteriorated. She wanted him to retire a decade ago. (and she was wrong then too)

I dont doubt that he is retired right now, but didnt he retire on the Same Day last year too?

Come training camp, and Purdy isnt fully healthy yet, and Lance is underwhelming again, is he going to be able to say no to a ready made Championship team? His Childhood team?

Or if they dont need him/he isnt ready, what if we get 5 weeks into the season Tua gets another concussion (which would likely shut him down for the season) and they come calling, from his current home town with another Super Bowl contending roster?

Or even if the Bucs get healthy again, are around .500 halfway through the season, and its clear that the QB is the issue (Gabbert/Trask are an anchor) and they are begging him to come back for one more run?

These are all very realistic, id even say likely, scenarios that he is just going to walk away from them all? I just dont see it.

Guy already gave up his relationship for football, and now hes going to walk away from the sport 5 months later. Especially as he is still probably a Top 20 QB in the world (definitely Top 32)

Meh.  He probably thought Tampa was really good this year.   Plus he would have to run new plays under Shanahan.   

Denver looked pretty good on paper heading into 2022.  LA same.  

49ers may stink next year with or without Brady.  They lose some guys in FA.  Some key guys get hurt.  Everything is different.

Someone will win a lot of games next year that people don't expect like MN, Giants and Seattle.  

I think he came back at all it would be to the Raiders and McDaniels where he is super comfortable with system and not SF.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Meh.  He probably thought Tampa was really good this year.   Plus he would have to run new plays under Shanahan.   

Denver looked pretty good on paper heading into 2022.  LA same.  

49ers may stink next year with or without Brady.  They lose some guys in FA.  Some key guys get hurt.  Everything is different.

Someone will win a lot of games next year that people don't expect like MN, Giants and Seattle.  

I think he came back at all it would be to the Raiders and McDaniels where he is super comfortable with system and not SF.

You are just making my point for me. He doesnt have to commit to any of these teams till mid season where he can see who is truly a contender

And you really think any team that might get him (even Shanahan) isnt going to adjust to Tom Brady???

• Like 1