Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's saying Rusty Hardin didn't use his influence to help get a favorable outcome for Deshaun Watson in the criminal cases. Despite former prosecutors in the Houston area as well as actual court documents saying otherwise. (Which is like me saying a gravedigger didn't use a shovel to dig holes).

INFLUENCE is exactly why you hire a guy like Rusty Hardin - it's not because of his speaking skills (as demonstrated on 610 when he stated "Happy Endings are part of the job description" or something to that effect). You hire him because every legal name in the country knows who Hardin is, and you also understand that Rusty Hardin is like a Lannister - he always pays his debts. 

"Quid pro quo" is a thing, and no amount of posturing is going to remove that from the current environment.

You were not hinting at just influence. You were hinting at corruption. (influence can be bias or corruption)

You also neglect to point out that Buzbee likely has negative influence because of the way he has lived his life.

Every time Buzbee went on TV was a bit of negative or positive influence.

That in itself is not conspiracy. Its human interaction.

Try these for example  Corruption vs Bias

• Rusty and Judge Z really don't get along so I will not assign her to this case. (but randomly assign one of 8 other judges)
  • Rusty has proven that his sidebars and objections have merit 95% of the time so I am more likely to grant them
  • Deshaun is a celebrity and Rusty is a good guy so we will make sure we get this right and assign 8 officers to investigate instead of just 2.
  • Rusty hired my sister so I will make sure the least competent officers investigate.
  • Rusty is a golfing buddy with Judge Z so I will ensure his victory.
  • Buzbee is a clown and Judge Z hates him so I will assign this to Judge Z

Are you asking us to believe prosecutors said "Wow, this guy is totally guilty but I like that Hardin guy. Bleep them all! Lets throw this one for Hardin!"

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

That assuming wacky conspiracy theories are proof of his guilt is stupid. This whole thing has been a logic fail from start to finish. Its been a proven guilty at first exercise.

hArDiN iS tEh dEvIl !!!

I don't care if he earns and gets a lifetime ban. Lets have the cases tried in court.

I loathe the Cowboys yet I can still see that Zeke got a raw deal. You can point out truck sized holes in process without rooting for or against a side.

Objectively people are playing fast and loose with all of this before his day in court.

I don’t think you actually know what a conspiracy theory is if you think what was reported about Watson in the NYT and PFT is one. Maybe you don’t agree. That’s fine. But don’t lump this with actual stupidness.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Last couple pages definitely have these vibes going

old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif

This COULD be about me. Or not.

If it isn't... I agree.

If it is... I agree.

• Like 6

So....this would easily go down as the biggest trainwreck deal in sports history if Watson misses a season or more, right?

I take no joy in the Browns misery at this point, but this is just shaping up to be a biblical disaster.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 43M said:

So....this would easily go down as the biggest trainwreck deal in sports history if Watson misses a season or more, right?

I take no joy in the Browns misery at this point, but this is just shaping up to be a biblical disaster.   

I just don't understand how they felt so confident to make the trade, then double down with the huge contract with everything still swirling around him. It's a move that could potentially set the franchise back years

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 43M said:

If he only misses a season, it just looks awful for this year.

If he doesn’t miss anymore than that, the trade is fine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I just don't understand how they felt so confident to make the trade, then double down with the huge contract with everything still swirling around him. It's a move that could potentially set the franchise back years

And I still would take that chance, prior to this I had no hope going into the season with Baker Mayfield or getting a guy like Matt Ryan or Garoppolo. I would take the chance at trying to achieve greatness 10 times out of 10 than just sit there and trying to convince myself I can win ANYTHING significant with Mayfield

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

And I still would take that chance, prior to this I had no hope going into the season with Baker Mayfield or getting a guy like Matt Ryan or Garoppolo. I would take the chance at trying to achieve greatness 10 times out of 10 than just sit there and trying to convince myself I can win ANYTHING significant with Mayfield

This.

A more catastrophic scenario is this: We don’t trade for Watson, Baker gives the franchise false hope, and regresses to the mean after we give him a fat contract. Congratulations, you’re cash strapped to a below average QB.

I’ve felt Watson could be suspended for the year. If that happens, then okay. You made this deal planning long term.

We still have a ton of draft picks and will probably get more if we move Baker.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Denial is a powerful drug. 

Teams, media, fans, other posters....many swore he'd not miss any time whatsoever. 

Then he did. And it kept getting uglier. 

Watson and his team built his hype train and the Browns and others were blinded by the on-field prospects and bought in to whatever was being told to them. 

It's not exactly a classic case of talent trumping trouble, but in a very similar vein. More like talent trumping a thorough review of the issues and having any grasp of the gravity of the circumstances and a finger on the pulse of the public backlash. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Because the NFL has proven to not really care about seriously punishing players/owners for wrong doings and he is not going to be charged criminally. The Browns (much like the other 13 teams who wanted Watson) knew a slap on the wrist suspension was likely for 6,8,12,17 games and they were willing to live with that in order to have a elite QB for 10+ years following this 'discipline year'

The contract is still a head scratcher, but the Browns paying the initial price to make the trade is easy to explain.

Its shady, but outside of the Ray Rice situation--you can practically get away with murder (Ray Lewis joke) and the NFL will still let you play.

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If he only misses a season, it just looks awful for this year.

If he doesn’t miss anymore than that, the trade is fine.

Acceptance is one of the stages of grief.  I hope you browns fans pull through.

When we come to a place of acceptance, it is not that we no longer feel the pain of loss. However, we are no longer resisting the reality of our situation, and we are not struggling to make it something different.

Sadness and regret can still be present in this phase, but the emotional survival tactics of denial, bargaining, and anger are less likely to be present.

39 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

yet some are screaming that teams should be lining up to trade for Baker Mayfield