What players on your team do you predict will be in the Hall of Fame?

CP3MVP

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Davante Adams

Kolton Miller

Derek Carr

Adams probably goes in. 

Miller has been quietly really good at LT and could become a great. Hard to tell with OL. 

Carr...it really depends on what he does from here out and what effect McDaniels has on him and the team. A Superbowl or so, a run of dominance, etc. Say he plays another 6 years, he could be flirting with 50k yards or so. If he makes a jump in TDs, say, averages 30/yr, 373.

Is ~50k yards, ~373 TDs and ~130 INTs good enough for the HoF? The yards aren't exactly there, but it would put him above Matt Ryan in the TD/INT Mark right now. If the argument against Matt Ryan is no ring, should Carr get one (or even a second), I'd say he has at least an argument. But a lot of things still TBD need to occur before the talk even remotely starts. But I do think a path is there. 

Does adams “probably go in” though?

19 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Does adams “probably go in” though?

I would imagine so. 

He's likely going to wind up top 10 in yards and TDs. 

At 29, he's sitting on 8k and 75. 

14k and 100 TDs by 35 and he's probably a lock to eventually be inducted. Even in the 12-13k range, his TDs are going to help him. The 100 TD club is still really exclusive. 

30 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Davante Adams

Kolton Miller

Derek Carr

Adams probably goes in. 

Miller has been quietly really good at LT and could become a great. Hard to tell with OL. 

Carr...it really depends on what he does from here out and what effect McDaniels has on him and the team. A Superbowl or so, a run of dominance, etc. Say he plays another 6 years, he could be flirting with 50k yards or so. If he makes a jump in TDs, say, averages 30/yr, 373.

Is ~50k yards, ~373 TDs and ~130 INTs good enough for the HoF? The yards aren't exactly there, but it would put him above Matt Ryan in the TD/INT Mark right now. If the argument against Matt Ryan is no ring, should Carr get one (or even a second), I'd say he has at least an argument. But a lot of things still TBD need to occur before the talk even remotely starts. But I do think a path is there. 

Adams is debatable. He obv needs to continue what he's doing and he might get in with all the TDs. I think if he has 3 more yards in 2016 and 2019, his resume looks sooooo much better lol. But WR is just such a tough spot to get in and I do wonder how much the bar to get in might rise given the increase in passing etc.

Miller has no name value and his only accolade is a first team all conference in four years. According to PFF he has grown into a nice player (49.6 -> 65.0 -> 73.0 -> 84.0) but he has no case for the HoF imo. 

Carr also has 0% chance. Even with the huge projections you are making (he's going to average 6 more TDs and 3 less picks than his career avg and win a SB over 6 years), you are still omitting the fact that Matt Ryan has an MVP. It's probably the biggest accolade on his resume. Carr in HIS ABSOLUTE PRIME has been a fringe top 10 QB. If Derek Carr goes in the HoF, I riot!!!! haha

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Adams is debatable. He obv needs to continue what he's doing and he might get in with all the TDs. I think if he has 3 more yards in 2016 and 2019, his resume looks sooooo much better lol. But WR is just such a tough spot to get in and I do wonder how much the bar to get in might rise given the increase in passing etc.

Dude has like 8K yards and 25 TD. Barring a major regression or injury I think he’s a lock

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Dude has like 8K yards and 25 TD. Barring a major regression or injury I think he’s a lock

Yeah, I agree. Debatable is probably underselling, I'll give him 80% chance to make it.

I'm just saying there is a backlog and it's only going to grow with the way the game is shifting towards passing.

36 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Carr also has 0% chance. Even with the huge projections you are making (he's going to average 6 more TDs and 3 less picks than his career avg and win a SB over 6 years), you are still omitting the fact that Matt Ryan has an MVP. It's probably the biggest accolade on his resume. Carr in HIS ABSOLUTE PRIME has been a fringe top 10 QB. If Derek Carr goes in the HoF, I riot!!!! haha

Derek Carr is now the age where Matt Ryan won his MVP. 

Not saying he's going to, but he's had his moments under poor staffs and with poor weapons where he was getting some MVP buzz as late as mid season, if not a bit after. 

We're about to see him with arguably his best coaching staff and absolutely his best set of weapons. Gonna have to wait and see 

Guys who I currently think have HOF potential:

Justin Herbert

Joey Bosa

Khalil Mack

Keenan Allen

Derwin James

Rashawn Slater

Who of them will actually be HOFers by the end of their careers? That's tough to say because it will come down to longevity. If we can win a ring with this current core that would also help all of their HOF cases.

Edited by Bolts223

4 hours ago, Soggust said:

Adams currently has 73 TD, if he gets to 100+ I think he's basically a lock. Only 9 WR's in NFL history have 100+ TD's and the only other active WR that looks like they'll be able to join that club is Mike Evans. 

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Adams to finish his career with over 1,000 receptions, 13,000+ yards, and 100+ TD. Which would put him in the top 15 in all three categories all time.

Three certs: Bobby Wagner, Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey. 

Matthew Stafford, quite possibly, but that argument has been done to the death this off-season. 

Cooper Kupp has too much to do, but does beg the question what does he need to do in order to make it happen: another 2k season and 20 touchdown season (including play offs) would definitely do him no harm, perhaps a second OPOY award and another super bowl. Not impossible, just improbable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Derek Carr is now the age where Matt Ryan won his MVP. 

Not saying he's going to, but he's had his moments under poor staffs and with poor weapons where he was getting some MVP buzz as late as mid season, if not a bit after. 

We're about to see him with arguably his best coaching staff and absolutely his best set of weapons. Gonna have to wait and see 

Carr isn't even in the top 50 in passing TD's all time, has a losing record overall, only two winning seasons, and zero playoff wins. The only accomplishments he really has are 3 Pro Bowl appearances. For him to even get consideration he'd have to win multiple Super Bowls and have some All-Pro/MVP level seasons along the way.

• Like 1