Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

Man, it’s kind of wild that Mahomes was the third quarterback in his class, Josh Allen was the third QB in his class and Justin Herbert was third in his. I guess what I’m saying is, that three top tier quarterbacks with holes and tantalising physical tools found success in the NFL. That’s exactly the sort of recent pattern which might lead teams to think Anthony Richardson is worth a hefty bet on.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Man, it’s kind of wild that Mahomes was the third quarterback in his class, Josh Allen was the third QB in his class and Justin Herbert was third in his. I guess what I’m saying is, that three top tier quarterbacks with holes and tantalising physical tools found success in the NFL. That’s exactly the sort of recent pattern which might lead teams to think Anthony Richardson is worth a hefty bet on.

Lamar was the fifth too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Don't be surprised when Young, Stroud and Richardson are all gone in the first 3 picks.

• Like 1

5'-10, c'mon. Let's look at all the great 5-10" 200 lb QBs in NFL history.

Oh, zero.

Like murray, he won't be able to see over the OL. He will then get hurt running the ball. No one should even think this guy is a franchise QB.

4 minutes ago, lod01 said:

Oh, zero.

Like murray, he won't be able to see over the OL. He will then get hurt running the ball. No one should even think this guy is a franchise QB.

How many cliches can one person fit into a post?

I'm sure Drew Brees and Russell Wilson really benefitted from being 2 inches taller than Young. They can definitely see over the line now!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lod01 said:

Oh, zero.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/russell-wilson/32005749-4c77-7781-795c-94c753706d1d

If you think Russell Wilson being 5'11" 204lbs is a meaningful difference compared to what Bryce Young measured today, I don't know what to tell you. 

1 hour ago, lod01 said:

Oh, zero.

Did you ever watch him play? His OL and the opposing DL are the exact same size as NFL players. 

I'm happy to see that the difference between being able to be a HOF QB and being a guy who won't succeed in the NFL is 4/8ths of an inch. Russell Wilson checked in at 5'10" 5/8 204 pounds. Bryce Young checked in at 5'10" 1/8 204 pounds. Does Bryce's height make things harder? Sure. But he's been short all his life. This isn't new. 

• Like 4

You all can make the comparisons to Drew Brees but your comparing apples to oranges. 

BTW, the real Russell Wilson as we just saw, stinks. Once the legs go and you cannot get the football out of your hands quickly, you have Russell Wilson. 

Young is a screaming bust. 

4 minutes ago, lod01 said:

You all can make the comparisons to Drew Brees but your comparing apples to oranges. 

BTW, the real Russell Wilson as we just saw, stinks. Once the legs go and you cannot get the football out of your hands quickly, you have Russell Wilson. 

The real Russell Wilson is a first-ballot HOFer who had his first bad year at 33/34 years old. The idea that you don't draft Young because he may fall off in his mid 30s after a stellar career due to a loss of mobility is brilliant, truly brilliant. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The real Russell Wilson is a first-ballot HOFer who had his first bad year at 33/34 years old. The idea that you don't draft Young because he may fall off in his mid 30s after a stellar career due to a loss of mobility is brilliant, truly brilliant. 

Exactly -- if your reasoning to not draft BY is that he may fall off in his mid 30's then yeeeeeeesh. He's 22-23 years old, draft him, protect him, and you've got a franchise QB for the next decade. The can't see over the line rhetoric is tiring too. These QB's aren't just dropping back 3/5/7 steps at a time and firing across the middle of the field anymore. Throwing angles/lanes are changing and evolving each year. 

My last griped with the anti BY crowd is that his offensive line at Bama this year had heights of 6'6, 6'6, 6'5, 6'4, and 6'6...so he couldn't see over them right? Or are you expecting his OL in the NFL to be full of 7ft+ guys?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, lod01 said:

So I could get something like SB champion and regularly top 5 QB Russel Wilson for a decade if I draft Bryce Young? Holy **** if I am an NFL GM I am sold!

• Like 2