Depressing stats/facts

biggie.

On 7/14/2022 at 6:40 PM, Calamity_Cometh said:

I think we're the longest playoff drought after winning a damn Super Bowl.

We got you beat.  We went 29 years between Super Bowl wins where you went "only" 17.   😟

Edited by Pugger

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

We got you beat.  We went 29 years between Super Bowl wins where you went "only" 17.   😟

We've got EVERYONE beat.

• The Arizona Cardinals hold the longest active championship drought in ALL of North American Sports. 75 years.

• The Arizona Cardinals were the fastest NFL team to reach 700 losses, accomplishing the feat in 2012.

• The Cardinals have been around since 1898 (124 years). In that span, they've won 7 playoff games. If you remove the 2008-09 run, they've won 4. Once again, they are the OLDEST continuously run pro football team in the WORLD. 7 playoff wins. Almost half were in one year. 

However, the Cardinals have never lost a playoff game at home.

• Like 2

I meant winning the Super Bowl, and then not making the playoffs once in the years since that Super Bowl win. Not playoff drought in general, or time between Super Bowls.

It's unique in that Super Bowl winning teams usually don't utterly disintegrate into such a state that they go years without even making the playoffs immediately following a Super Bowl.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

We've got EVERYONE beat.

• The Arizona Cardinals hold the longest active championship drought in ALL of North American Sports. 75 years.

• The Arizona Cardinals were the fastest NFL team to reach 700 losses, accomplishing the feat in 2012.

• The Cardinals have been around since 1898 (124 years). In that span, they've won 7 playoff games. If you remove the 2008-09 run, they've won 4. Once again, they are the OLDEST continuously run pro football team in the WORLD. 7 playoff wins. Almost half were in one year. 

However, the Cardinals have never lost a playoff game at home.

I was thinking about you guys after I made my post.  Even though it has been since 1947 when the Cardinals won an NFL championship just to be around this long is remarkable.  There are scads of other teams from the early years that are extinct.  It is a minor miracle  we are still here.  I really wanted you guys to win it all in 2008.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

I was thinking about you guys after I made my post.  Even though it has been since 1947 when the Cardinals won an NFL championship just to be around this long is remarkable.  There are scads of other teams from the early years that are extinct.  It is a minor miracle  we are still here.  I really wanted you guys to win it all in 2008.

I wanted to in 2021. :(

16 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I meant winning the Super Bowl, and then not making the playoffs once in the years since that Super Bowl win. Not playoff drought in general, or time between Super Bowls.

It's unique in that Super Bowl winning teams usually don't utterly disintegrate into such a state that they go years without even making the playoffs immediately following a Super Bowl.

The Broncos just so happened to cripple themselves at the most important position in football immediately following a Super Bowl. They weren't aggressive at all until this year, always going for the cheapest possible solution while that roster wasted away. I mean, they had multiple starting-caliber RBs, one of the best WR duos in the league, and an incredible defense. Instead, they let the RBs and WRs go, replaced the RBs with solid talent at the position until indecision left them thin yet again. Spent premium picks for several years replacing talent they already had at skill positions, and then still not doing anything aggressive at QB. Just waited for the skill guys to start to get expensive and only NOW did they acquire Russ. But now they have a bunch of guys they'll have to pay and the defense has begun to age.

• 2 weeks later...