Zach Wilson suffers knee injury, early fear is torn ACL

JiffyJag

Oh no, this is not good at all.......... I was really looking forward to seeing how Wilson and the Jets get on this year. I had a feeling they were going to surprise a few people. I liked what they were doing there and even though watching only a few games last year Wilson looked to me like a kid that could have had a big improvement in his second year. Awfully bad luck for the team and the young man. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Flacco then White. Joe didn't sign to be the #3 QB, inactive most weeks. If they do it in reverse and White starts week 1. Might get ugly tbh. Retire out of spite. 🤷‍♂️

Is Joe really in a position to make that sort of demand? I mean... ok, retire. Have fun. 

Right?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Is Joe really in a position to make that sort of demand? I mean... ok, retire. Have fun. 

Right?

Why bring him in ET if you thought White was a viable #2?

You start Joe, if he sucks then there's nothing that can be said. By him, players, fans and the media. As a collective you move on to White.

If White sucks , all the above are going nuts 24/7 each and every week they lose.

41 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Right?

Why bring him in ET if you thought White was a viable #2?

Veteran presence, someone with experience in film study and prep.

Wilson, White and even Saleh/LaFluer - this is year 2 for all of them in their respective roles. Expecting them to walk in and know immediately what to do in preparation leading up to a game is a tall ask. Bring in that vet QB to be a sounding board and mentor, IMO.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Joe Flacco against Baltimore week 1. Wow. Never thought I would see the day.

That's actually a much better matchup for the Ravens than Zack Wilson was, even though both matchups are very favorable.

The Ravens weakness is covering RB's and TE's.  I'd say right now Joe has the ability to utilize them the better than Wilson.  He's a sitting duck in the pocket but the dink and dunk game should suit Flacco better.

I think Week 3 makes the most sense for a Wilson return since they'll be extra cautious. 

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The Ravens weakness is covering RB's and TE's.  I'd say right now Joe has the ability to utilize them the better than Wilson.  He's a sitting duck in the pocket but the dink and dunk game should suit Flacco better.

I think Week 3 makes the most sense for a Wilson return since they'll be extra cautious. 

Flacco also wants to throw deep, which is where our strength is, and he's pretty prone to dumb decisions and turnovers (like Wilson is). The bonus of Wilson is he can also hurt you with his feet, whereas obviously Flacco can't/won't.

And I'm not very concerned with the Jets' RB's or TE's in the passing game.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Flacco also wants to throw deep, which is where our strength is, and he's pretty prone to dumb decisions and turnovers (like Wilson is). The bonus of Wilson is he can also hurt you with his feet, whereas obviously Flacco can't/won't.

And I'm not very concerned with the Jets' RB's or TE's in the passing game.

Considering it's easily the smartest way to attack your defense and the Jets have multiple good pass catchers at both spots it should be honestly your only concern in that game.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Considering it's easily the smartest way to attack your defense and the Jets have multiple good pass catchers at both spots it should be honestly your only concern in that game.

I'm sure the Jets will attack via those people, but I'm just not worried about losing a game to CJ Uzomah and Breece Hall.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm sure the Jets will attack via those people, but I'm just not worried about losing a game to CJ Uzomah and Breece Hall.

I don't expect to win but who knows the Jets shocked CIN and LAR last year so who knows.  Honestly Conklin has been their best TE and their RB 1-2 punch is really good.

With a bone bruise I would think the chances Flacco gets to face the Ravens is better than 50/50. 

Baker @ CLE

Flacco @ BAL

Russ @ SEA

Seriously can’t make up how NFL schedules always find a way lol (only DEN/SEA made knowing Russ was the QB). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1