Zach Wilson suffers knee injury, early fear is torn ACL

JiffyJag

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I hope so. I want to see if Wilson can improve. He was such a fun guy to watch in college.

Honestly, even if it's a PCL and he's out 1-2 months, I have some concerns about him holding up  and I have some concerns about the knees long term. That would be a second PCL injury and he needs to be in there playing 

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

They need to roll with Flacco. Even if Jimmy G is better than Flacco, he isn’t, you trade for Jimmy. Then what? The Jets are contenders? What are you trying to save by giving away picks and paying his massive salary?

It'd probably cost a 5th round pick and nobody acquiring Jimmy is going to take on that salary. If anyone acquires him, I'd be surprised if they pay him more than 8-10 million 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

It'd probably cost a 5th round pick and nobody acquiring Jimmy is going to take on that salary. If anyone acquires him, I'd be surprised if they pay him more than 8-10 million 

At that price point, both salary and picks wise, I think it’s a no-brained for the Jets if Wilson missed more than the 1st 3 games. The Jets need to establish a culture centered around competing and fighting to win games. Starting a Joe Flacco at 37 or Mike White for an extended stretch doesn’t send that message. It tells the team that you’re punting on the season. Even if Jimmy G is only 5 percent better than those options, it sends a message that they’re willing to do what it takes to reach the standard. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, biggie. said:

No, the Jets are just ran by idiots. Been that way for 50+ years.

This is why you don't play your obvious starters during preseason.

Oh so the Jets are the only ones who play starters during preseason, learn something new every day I guess. 

A few points, obv hoping for the best:

1.  The field test's value is when it indicates a tear is present - then it's pretty much 100% spot on.  However, a negative test is far from predictive, especially when done by non-orthopedic surgeons / sports medicine physicians.   

2.  The fact that Wilson injured the PCL not only increases the PCL re-injury, but overall knee stability, especially if he didn't get 100% back all the way rehab-wise (and it's difficult to ascertain/confirm if he did).

3.  The fact he's walking around is irrelevant, especially so soon.   How he feels tomorrow would be far more indicative, as that would allow more time for swelling to develop.

Bottom line - until the MRI's back, can't really be sure of anything.   If the field test said torn ACL, then it's known - but the negative test really doesn't give a strong sense of certainty.  Hope, for sure.  But gotta wait for the MRI to confirm either way.

Final thought - because it's a non-contact injury, the likelihood this was preventable is almost certainly wishful thinking.    It still sucks, but injuries are part of the game, and when it comes to non-contact, it certainly suggests this was a matter of when, not if.    Hopefully it's not the worst case scenario, but the MRI is really the only thing you can hang your hat on here.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1