2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

I tried to watch some OT Broderick Jones last night and there strangely isn't much tape on him on Youtube. From what I did see though, he doesn't look special. A good college OT perhaps but he lacks size to dominant I feel. He's not an Andrew Thomas. Apparently speed is his game as he is rumored to run in the 4.8 range forty. I like what I saw out of O'Cyrus Torrence more. 

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

I tried to watch some OT Broderick Jones last night and there strangely isn't much tape on him on Youtube. From what I did see though, he doesn't look special. A good college OT perhaps but he lacks size to dominant I feel. He's not an Andrew Thomas. Apparently speed is his game as he is rumored to run in the 4.8 range forty. I like what I saw out of O'Cyrus Torrence more. 

One thing to consider about Broderick Jones is he’s young and just touching the surface on his potential. He’s only 21, he’s 6’4, 311 pounds. If he needs to get stronger he can do that over the next year or so & hopefully get up to around 320 pounds. 

I have to be honest, my concern with O’Torrence is his weight. He’s only 23 & he’s 350 pounds? That seems like an issue to me. I’m worried it’s another Mike Williams or Potroast situation where the dudes not going to be able to carry the weight well, stay injured & basically eat himself out of the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

OL that run sub 5.0 40’s and their translation to developing as pros as far as hit rate is actually really high. A great athlete can generally be coached up because the tools on the OL can’t be fought. But the technique’s can. He held his own against Harrison in the OSU game and Anderson from Bama. I think his tape is better than his pub at the moment. But sadly I do think the best OL player for Georgia sadly died in a car crash. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

One thing to consider about Broderick Jones is he’s young and just touching the surface on his potential. He’s only 21, he’s 6’4, 311 pounds. If he needs to get stronger he can do that over the next year or so & hopefully get up to around 320 pounds. 

I have to be honest, my concern with O’Torrence is his weight. He’s only 23 & he’s 350 pounds? That seems like an issue to me. I’m worried it’s another Mike Williams or Potroast situation where the dudes not going to be able to carry the weight well, stay injured & basically eat himself out of the league.

Yes I agree that O'Cyrus probably needs to lose 10 pounds if not 20 if he really weighs 350. Should be interesting to see what he weighs. He doesn't look that overweight to me on tape so we'll see. I like that Broderick is really young - and if he can do well at the combine, there will no doubt he has upside.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 12:16 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Lot of talk about this guy. Saw a couple of mocks with us selecting him. 

I absolutely love this guys game!!! He and Gonzalez have straight dog game tackle like Safeties!!! I’d be elated with either honestly I think these guys both are some of the best run support CB’s I’ve seen coming out in a while. Then you factor in their length movement skills and the fact they both can play press or off man and zone both can blitz and really can play nickle or saftey. There aren’t many CB’s I’d want covering a TE. I actually think Witherspoon can do that as well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

sure looks like an interesting prospect.

I don't know what his projection is in the draft.

But if we're going to be running a lot of RPO/Read Option stuff under Sam Howell?

This Clayton Tune would be a nice rookie to have, behind Howell.

Day 3. Similar to Taylor Heinicke. 

• Like 2