2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2023-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0 

If I just went off rank 16 and 47 for fun...

16 - Joey Porter Jr

Porter Jr. has elite size, length and speed for the position. He is at his best in press coverage, where he can use his rare arm length to re-route wideouts. He is fluid when he opens up, but it's more build-up speed than urgent/sudden quickness. In off coverage, he trusts his eyes and closes the distance with his long stride. He has a great feel for working around pass catchers to poke the ball away. He didn't record any interceptions this past fall, but according to PFF, he only gave up one play of 15-plus yards. He is a reliable wrap/drag tackler in space. He doesn't play with the same ferocity as his famous father, but he's plenty tough enough for the position he plays. Overall, Porter should be a Day 1 starter capable of matching up with the bigger wideouts around the league.

and 47...

Tuli Tuipulotu, EDGE

Tuipulotu was a highly productive edge rusher for the Trojans. He lined up inside earlier in his career but later lost weight and primarily played on the outside. As a pass rusher, he doesn’t have a dynamic get-off, but he is very active with his hands and his motor never stops. He has a strong, steady bull rush because of his powerful lower half. He is an excellent finisher. In the run game, the Trojans’ scheme called for him to shoot gaps and slip blocks versus stacking and holding the point of attack. His effort is excellent on the back side, but he lacks a second gear to close quickly. Overall, Tuipulotu is a bit of a tweener, but he has a knack for rushing the passer and I believe he’ll find a way to produce at the next level.

Counting the compensatory picks were projected to get. (3rd & 6th)

1st

2nd

*3rd*

4th

5th

6th

*6th*

7th

It would be nice to come out with a CB, LBer, TE, QB, OL with those picks.

Trading down to say the mid-20's, would allow us to double-dip at OLine, LBer as well. Which is really needed, imo.

I guess a lot of that will also depend on Free Agent acquisitions, as well.

22 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Counting the compensatory picks were projected to get. (3rd & 6th)

1st

2nd

*3rd*

4th

5th

6th

*6th*

7th

It would be nice to come out with a CB, LBer, TE, QB, OL with those picks.

Trading down to say the mid-20's, would allow us to double-dip at OLine, LBer as well. Which is really needed, imo.

I guess a lot of that will also depend on Free Agent acquisitions, as well.

I am really excited for Free Agency this year (assuming we have a new owner beforehand, with an allowance in place). Dan has been such a greedy F**** lately b/c he doesn't wanna escrow cash. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Its kinda crazy that Rivera has the final say on all of these matters and he's skipping it to go golfing. 

He trusts his staff to do their jobs. They did a pretty solid job last year as well. Hopefully we can continue. A good boss entrusts in his staff. I know most here don’t prefer Rob but what I see on the sidelines and with this team from the players I’m atleast happy he gets this year too see what this roster is with hopefully the Chase Young we’ve waited for. And I think we will see what we have in Sam with these pass catchers and a healthy BRob I’m actually excited too see what they can do

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s the senior bowl.  What HC other than the ones running it go to the senior bowl?  I’m sure he will be at the combine.

I mean, how many other coaches are basically the teams CEO? He should be there. He's the de facto GM. He wanted the responsibility of building a roster, he needs to be there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think this isn’t a big deal. Do coaches go? Maybe just the new ones. 

I think its a bigger deal when you're entering a critical juncture in your coaching tenure and you're out golfing instead of watching players who could potentially help you keep your job. Nobody has to agree with me and that's fine but I think he should be there especially when he has final say on who we draft. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think its a bigger deal when you're entering a critical juncture in your coaching tenure and you're out golfing instead of watching players who could potentially help you keep your job. Nobody has to agree with me and that's fine but I think he should be there especially when he has final say on who we draft. 

I'm ready for this year's first round reach

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

I'm ready for this year's first round reach

There was a war room video after last years draft. It made it very clear that Ron is the one making the decision. One of the Marty's walks in and brings up Kenyon Green and Ron says no, we're taking Dotson or something to that effect. If I could find it I'd link it. So yeah, I think he needs to be at these events.