Jimmy G is staying with the 49ers

BroncoSojia

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually don't hate doing this from a team perspective. Gives the team the best backup in the league and a chance to trade him during the season or get back a comp pick after the year. 

I hate this from a wtf are you doing standpoint. Like, you could have done this months ago. Jimmy legit doesn't even have a playbook

He has a no trade clause 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I get why the 49ers would do this, but I am not sure why Jimmy G wants this.

He’s not going to get traded somewhere he wants and this late in the game there’s no guarantee he gets a chance to start. This guarantees money and free agency 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Awful, awful look for Lynch/ shanny. They look incompetent with this. If this were on the table, it should have been done earlier. 

They really love winding the clock down on negotiations, dont they? 

Pretty much every deal we do with our FRPs comes the first day of camp because the team over negotiates the deal until there is actually motivation to do it. Same with extensions for star players. Kittle, warner, deebo were all re-signed into training camp, even though all three guys wanted to sign after FA. 

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

He has a no trade clause 

I doubt that he utilizes it if its going to put him on a good team with a shot at the playoffs. just prevents him from going to a situation he doesn't want. He's not going to get more valuable sitting the bench. He should want to play 

Just now, lancerman said:

He’s not going to get traded somewhere he wants and this late in the game there’s no guarantee he gets a chance to start. This guarantees money and free agency 

Right, but if he didn't agree to a restructure then the 49ers cut him and he gets to pick a spot a year earlier. He was going to get that same arrangement somewhere else.

• Like 1

Just now, GW21 said:

He can waive it if the right situation presents itself. I don't see anything wrong with this move personally. The price isn't bad for the best backup in the league. 

Yes. But now he has absolute control over any potential trades. Aka, he’s probably not going to waive the clause unless a team that’s pretty good loses their QB and he has a real chance to steal the job. 

The Titans are a team like that. If hypothetically Wilson went down on the Broncos, he knows they are going to ditch him as soon as Wilson’s back so he might not accept that trade. 

Also, you can tell Shanny doesn't have social media. 

This is an awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful look for Trey Lance. Just horrific. 

Doesn't matter if it's true or not, we are talking optics. It doesn't matter if they come out and say "yeah, trey is the starter". Doesn't matter. It looks like they don't trust him. It's going to be ripped alive on social media lol 

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I get why the 49ers would do this, but I am not sure why Jimmy G wants this.

Pick his own team next + the 49ers have arguably at bare minimum a Top 3 Roster in the NFL. If Lance goes down, he gets one last shot at getting a championship.