Jimmy G is staying with the 49ers

BroncoSojia

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Also, you can tell Shanny doesn't have social media. 

This is an awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwful look for Trey Lance. Just horrific. 

Doesn't matter if it's true or not, we are talking optics. It doesn't matter if they come out and say "yeah, trey is the starter". Doesn't matter. It looks like they don't trust him. It's going to be ripped alive on social media lol 

I can't wait to see what happens online if Lance has a string of bad games.....

ohhhhh boyyyyyyy. SF just became a lot more interesting to follow.

• Like 1

This is great for 49ers content creators. Podcasters are gonna have a field day with this after every bad game Lance has. Just welcoming outside noise for no reason. Shanny and company can say this is Treys team but if things start to go bad and Trey doesn’t play good to start you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Shanny wouldn’t  put in Jimmy. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

At this point no one needed a starter except Seattle and why would SF want to make Seattle competitive? They would rather take two free wins. 

If Jimmy is going to be a backup somewhere, might as well be SF. Way too late in the season to beat out anyone not named Drew Lock/Geno Smith. 

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

y tho

From the 49ers perspective?

1.       Lance has very little game time experience in the last few years

2.       Who is a veteran they can bring in if they were to trade/release Jimmy? I know they have Sudfeld but yuck

3.       The expectations for Trey are probably unrealistic in today’s NFL but that’s the way it goes, sink or swim. Fans and media have no patience anymore

4.       Jimmy has a fine record for them when healthy so if he must play then it buys for time for Shanny and Lynch time if need. Also buys time for a potential trade to happen if they can get lucky

I agree it would be ideal for Trey just to be the man but damn the guy hardly has much experience in live game action compared to some plus add in his college level. I know they traded a lot for him but the days of giving guys time is over, unless you have a Favre or Rodgers already in place 

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep

I actually like this move. Assuming San Fran wasn't getting good compensation in trade offers, they could honestly wind up with something more in the form of a com pick long term. They also retain a good backup, and god knows they've been burned by QB injuries. For Jimmy, this guarantees he'll ultimately get to choose where he goes, which wouldn't have been an option had they shipped him off to Seattle or Carolina earlier on.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I actually like this move. Assuming San Fran wasn't getting good compensation in trade offers, they could honestly wind up with something more in the form of a com pick long term. They also retain a good backup, and god knows they've been burned by QB injuries. For Jimmy, this guarantees he'll ultimately get to choose where he goes, which wouldn't have been an option had they shipped him off to Seattle or Carolina earlier on.

It's a great move.... If this has been the plan all along. He's not been in meetings, doesn't have a playbook. The way they bungled this so poorly just in terms of handling it is atrocious

• Like 2