RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The worst football team in LA
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Helps when the QB (Carr) holds onto the ball to long and refuses to get out of the pocket. He had no awareness whatsoever.

Well, yes. He did hold on for too long a couple times no doubt at all, but I wouldn't say he has no awareness whatsoever, that one play where he steps up through and to his right I think and he hit Waller was sweet. To be clear, I'm not defending Carr here but sometimes you just have to make the plays too and Mack did that and used to do it for us and did it for the Bears. That is what I want our guys to do, I think Crosby can become that but he's not quite there yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Well, yes. He did hold on for too long a couple times no doubt at all, but I wouldn't say he has no awareness whatsoever, that one play where he steps up through and to his right I think and he hit Waller was sweet. To be clear, I'm not defending Carr here but sometimes you just have to make the plays too and Mack did that and used to do it for us and did it for the Bears. That is what I want our guys to do, I think Crosby can become that but he's not quite there yet.

You need to watch the reps again if you came away with crosby just need to make plays. Herbert wasnt rolling to his side. He wasn't stepping up in the pocket and sliding to his side. Crosby was creating pressure. The rest of his dline left plenty of space to escape. We paid Chandler Jones for this very reason. The stat sheet will say mack was better than crosby. You swtich qbs crosby has a better day. Carr won't run, he won't even roll. At most he slide up in the pocket here and there. That was 2017 Carr yesterday. His refusal to run was obvious. 

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Another brilliant coaching performance today by Josh McDaniels - 37 pass attempts, with 5 sacks and 3 picks, to just 14 runs.  A 42:14 (or 1:3 pass:run ratio for you Raiders fans who have trouble with basic math) and, most importantly, 1 big check mark in the loss column. 

Maybe Mark Davis will be the last example, in a long, long trail of them, that convinces the other owners to never, ever go s*** show Patriot Way again. The good news is we (the Broncos) get two wins in the bank already.

Last question, friends and rivals, how long before Coach McD(ouche)aniels throws Carr under the bus and trades for Jimmy G?

Suck it jack*ss!! Trouble with basic math? My math says we’ve been killing the donkeys here lately! Lmfao!! Nice try sh*t for brains!! At least cutler06 comes cleaner with his trash talk. Your horse toothed general couldn’t draft a qb to save his life, but yes, he can certainly “rent” one. It’s a long season peckerhead, please keep talking. Lol!

9 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

You need to watch the reps again if you came away with crosby just need to make plays. Herbert wasnt rolling to his side. He wasn't stepping up in the pocket and sliding to his side. Crosby was creating pressure. The rest of his dline left plenty of space to escape. We paid Chandler Jones for this very reason. The stat sheet will say mack was better than crosby. You swtich qbs crosby has a better day. Carr won't run, he won't even roll. At most he slide up in the pocket here and there. That was 2017 Carr yesterday. His refusal to run was obvious. 

I specifically said I thought Crosby was the best of our Dline. What I am saying is that sometimes you need to finish and whilst I appreciate that the Chargers pass protection was better and Herbert moved better than Carr someone still had to make those plays. The very top guys make plays when you need them and that is what I want to see with Crosby.

We've had this hype built up all summer regarding Crosby and I was one who cautioned that whilst I really like Crosby (and of course the rest of the line has to play better and help) sometimes you have to make the plays too aswell as getting pressures. I want to see Crosby wreck a game before I call him an All Pro. People fed me stats this offseason to try and show how great Crosby was and I want to see him do what Mack just did and what we all really knew in our hearts (if we're being honest) Mack was going to do, otherwise it's just excuses to me.

I think I'm holding him to the same standard I hold Carr to. Carr didn't have great protection true, but he had to do better than he did. Saying the protection was bad is just an excuse, he should do better. Crosby didn't have much help but we need better if we're going to keep singing his praises. Jones was very poor for the record, and I hardly noticed him, not what you want for $17 million at all.

I don't want to seem like I'm picking unnecessarily on Crosby here because, as I said I think he was the best of our Dline, I really like him as a very good (but not great just yet) DE and he had little help, but also Herbert on occasion had ages to throw too so something was off with all of them.

I'll openly admit I've only seen the snaps once so maybe he was consistently winning, that's not how it appeared initially though. As ever, if I rewatch and see that I'll freely admit I'm wrong.

21 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I specifically said I thought Crosby was the best of our Dline. What I am saying is that sometimes you need to finish and whilst I appreciate that the Chargers pass protection was better and Herbert moved better than Carr someone still had to make those plays. The very top guys make plays when you need them and that is what I want to see with Crosby.

We've had this hype built up all summer regarding Crosby and I was one who cautioned that whilst I really like Crosby (and of course the rest of the line has to play better and help) sometimes you have to make the plays too aswell as getting pressures. I want to see Crosby wreck a game before I call him an All Pro. People fed me stats this offseason to try and show how great Crosby was and I want to see him do what Mack just did and what we all really knew in our hearts (if we're being honest) Mack was going to do, otherwise it's just excuses to me.

I think I'm holding him to the same standard I hold Carr to. Carr didn't have great protection true, but he had to do better than he did. Saying the protection was bad is just an excuse, he should do better. Crosby didn't have much help but we need better if we're going to keep singing his praises. Jones was very poor for the record, and I hardly noticed him, not what you want for $17 million at all.

I don't want to seem like I'm picking unnecessarily on Crosby here because, as I said I think he was the best of our Dline, I really like him as a very good (but not great just yet) DE and he had little help, but also Herbert on occasion had ages to throw too so something was off with all of them.

I'll openly admit I've only seen the snaps once so maybe he was consistently winning, that's not how it appeared initially though. As ever, if I rewatch and see that I'll freely admit I'm wrong.

Mack was going against a rotation of RT who aren't good enough to pull away from one another so they all play and still didn't consistently win. Crosby won enough to have wreck that game if herbert couldn't just stay away from him. If he couldn't just step up from him. I agree with you that crosby isnt the quickest de at beating a guy, for example that parsons spin move last night vs bucs. He don't got that. He has to work hard for his sacks. But elite qb with mobility, with no help from nobody else on dline. Yeah I do think you being unfair on crosby a bit here. This is coming from me who criticize the crap out of crosby before last season cause we do tend to overrate our own around here. 

8 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Mack was going against a rotation of RT who aren't good enough to pull away from one another so they all play and still didn't consistently win. Crosby won enough to have wreck that game if herbert couldn't just stay away from him. If he couldn't just step up from him. I agree with you that crosby isnt the quickest de at beating a guy, for example that parsons spin move last night vs bucs. He don't got that. He has to work hard for his sacks. But elite qb with mobility, with no help from nobody else on dline. Yeah I do think you being unfair on crosby a bit here. This is coming from me who criticize the crap out of crosby before last season cause we do tend to overrate our own around here. 

That is pretty fair, wouldn't argue with most of that honestly! Though Mack definitely had the last sack that finished the game on Miller our best lineman and a Pro Bowl quality LT. So he produced against our best guy when it counted most.

33 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Mack was beating up kolt also

kolt is our best olinemen but he’s only  good not great himself. For the life of me I have no idea how they thought this oline was worth anything when they stepped foot in the door 

figured they would try Barton out during this game that mcd thought was a preseason scrimmage 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

The guy trashes us, proclaims two certain victories and you come at me BP?  What I said was true, we’ve kicked their *** lately, Elway sucks as a qb evaluator, and it is a long season. Everyone have a great week, I’m out!! 

You gave him what he wanted by responding... should have just left him refreshing the page desperate for attention

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

End of thread

🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

that’s our 100 million $ vet  qb

thats pop Warner high school level shish carr so dam scarey 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

The defense played great. The Raiders made 5 TOs against a great offense and they only scored 24 points. Think about that.

Edited by Bitty 2.0
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The defense played great. The Raiders made 5 TOs against a great offense and they only scored 24 points. Think about that.

They played fine after halftime. Steelers defense played great yesterday. We played defense good enough to win i cant call it great. Thats all I want from defense. Give the offense a chance to win the game. Two years ago chargers score 45 points if the offense plays that way. 

• Like 1