RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The worst football team in LA
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

No because that was the right call to throw to Renfrow.  It was 3rd and 10 and we where out of FG range with under a minute to play.  If Renfrow brakes free and scores a TD then good play and the Colts need a TD with 35-40 seconds remaining.  What I fault Carr for is throwing a 45 yard bomb with 2:30 left that puts us up by 2 points.  Now your defense needs to stop the other team.  In the first scenario the defense just needs to not do something stupid like they did against Miami.

Fair enough, and I agree, your scenario would / does drive me insane.
I dont think that scenario has happened too many times though, although I dont doubt its absolutely happened. 

The bigger problem in your scenario, is going up 2 points, again shows the stupidity in our coaching staff. No reason to not go for 2 in your scenario 
Has nothing to do with Carr either. Couldve been the difference in OT or loss 

Again in your scenario, if a CB falls, and a WR is just wide open, do you not want carr to throw to them? 
IMO, a HC / OC job is to dictate things like, score if there, or kill the clock. 

The plays that are called, while yes, Carr can audible out of them, if its a good look, and coaches called it, Im not to sure many QBs would change out. 

--
End of the day though, I do agree, Ive seen us score way to quickly many times. But ive seen teams do the same to us, way to many times. 
TO think Carr is the only QB that does this is crazy. 

Also, because I know we like to always talk Tom B in here, I seem to remember Brady throwing a TD with about 2 mins left in a superbowl to give his team a lead by 4. 
He got bailed out by his D. Something Carr rarely if ever does. 

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

"By default worse"

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that we relied on these guys....or the fact that we're relying on players who beat these guys out for a "starting spot" and called it "competition".  It's one of the reasons I'm doom and gloom on our o-line. Is Thayer, Cotton, Eluemenor really that good? Or did he just win by default. The starting 5 beat out practice squad players, a 7th rounder draft pick, a retired Good and Incognito, and Parker and Leatherwood. In reality there was 0 competition for a starting spot on our line. So there's no way to gage how good they actually are. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

1. It's very possible that it's purely an extension. We'll see. No point talking about it until it's done.

2. You're just assuming that Eleumunor will be worse than parker. No way to know. Highly doubt it'll be worse than last year. That would be an organizational failure.

3. Okay. Is a guy with 0 starts necessarily worse than Leatherwood? I doubt it just playing the odds of how bad leatherwood was, but we'll see.

4. Carr played with a garbage OL for most of last year and did fine. Now we dramatically upgraded the coaching and weapons. We'll see on Sunday I guess.

1. True

2. Parker was beating Eleumunor for the spot so it is safe to assume he was better at least in training camp.

3. I will combine points 3 and 4 here.  Carr played with a garbage line last year but Cotton was signed to our practice squad.  Now he could have developed since last year but he was good enough to get 5 snaps on offense last year among this horrible line.  We did upgrade the coaches and weapons but I would argue Carr did not have a good year last year.  The reason for the down year can be debated but I do not care how many yards a QB throws for if we are kicking FGs all the time. 

I am hoping Carr proves me wrong.

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Fair to say youd also say Burrow didnt have a good post season right? 
Only 5 Tds in 4 games, and relied heavily on kicking fgs

I would say he was average in 2 games, bad in one, and if he gets a half second longer on the last play he goes from a bad game to possible Super Bowl MVP.  This is also the playoffs and his first playoffs so I think he did a good job with the exception of the Titans game.  I think the Bengals run was fun to watch but I would not say Burrow played like an elite QB.  He was a better QB than Carr in the regular season and in the playoffs.

38 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would say he was average in 2 games, bad in one, and if he gets a half second longer on the last play he goes from a bad game to possible Super Bowl MVP.  This is also the playoffs and his first playoffs so I think he did a good job with the exception of the Titans game.  I think the Bengals run was fun to watch but I would not say Burrow played like an elite QB.  He was a better QB than Carr in the regular season and in the playoffs.

Thats fair, I also dont think Burrow was great in the playoffs. Showed a ton of toughness and guts, but his team stalled a lot in Redzone, which fans rip on DC for but some reason let Burrow off the hook. 
He was better than Carr sure, but had  better D, similar Oline, better WRs and especially in our game better special teams. 

I think Burrow has a bright future in the league, but once he gets his big boy contract, things will be trickier. He is on a loaded team right now, which helps. 
You say he played better than Carr, but the 2 teams where very different, and it wouldve been much easier for a QB on the bengals vs on the Raiders. 

Edited by BackinBlack

41 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Thats fair, I also dont think Burrow was great in the playoffs. Showed a ton of toughness and guts, but his team stalled a lot in Redzone, which fans rip on DC for but some reason let Burrow off the hook. 
He was better than Carr sure, but had  better D, similar Oline, better WRs and especially in our game better special teams. 

I think Burrow has a bright future in the league, but once he gets his big boy contract, things will be trickier. He is on a loaded team right now, which helps. 
You say he played better than Carr, but the 2 teams where very different, and it wouldve been much easier for a QB on the bengals vs on the Raiders. 

I would agree Burrow had better weapons but even our horrible line was not as bad as the Bengals.  What I found amazing about Burrow is no matter how many hits he took he did not seem to get rattled.  He may have been getting better.  Speaks volumes for a 2nd year player.  He is ahead of the curve but still needs to improve.  Carr is a more physically gifted player than Burrow but I think Burrows mindset makes him a better QB.  I still believe the only one holding Carr back is Carr himself.

• Like 1

Who's to say Eleumunor won't work out at RT?  Parham is listed as a guard and touted at a decent center.  Why can't he be moved to RT if it's called for?  I'm sure I'll get hammered on that one.

I read an article this morning in which well-known football prognosticators, 8 of them picked 7-1 that the Raiders would beat the Discharge this Sunday but at the end they somehow came up with a score with the Raiders losing like 25-24.  Maybe they failed math class.

28 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Who's to say Eleumunor won't work out at RT?  Parham is listed as a guard and touted at a decent center.  Why can't he be moved to RT if it's called for?  I'm sure I'll get hammered on that one.

I read an article this morning in which well-known football prognosticators, 8 of them picked 7-1 that the Raiders would beat the Discharge this Sunday but at the end they somehow came up with a score with the Raiders losing like 25-24.  Maybe they failed math class.

The rook did play rt in college 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I would agree Burrow had better weapons but even our horrible line was not as bad as the Bengals.  What I found amazing about Burrow is no matter how many hits he took he did not seem to get rattled.  He may have been getting better.  Speaks volumes for a 2nd year player.  He is ahead of the curve but still needs to improve.  Carr is a more physically gifted player than Burrow but I think Burrows mindset makes him a better QB.  I still believe the only one holding Carr back is Carr himself.

Honestly I think we have closer views on Carr then it appears. 

this is the best roster I think we’ve had in Carrs career, so I’m really hoping we see a more aggressive Carr. I think getting 2 Wrs and TE he clearly trusts will help him a ton

watching this game, it’s crazy how even good teams make mistakes. You need a D to bail you out throughout every game. Mistakes will happen. Our O has had to be near perfect to win in years past.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Fair to say youd also say Burrow didnt have a good post season right? 
Only 5 Tds in 4 games, and relied heavily on kicking fgs

The Bengals went on an incredible run at the right time and got lucky when they needed to be. 

I actually expect a pretty big step backwards from them this year as a whole, so we'll likely see just how talented Burrow is. 

I feel similar to how I felt about Jacksonville a few years back when they had that hot run to the AFCCG. Kudos for the unexpected run and nearly taking it to the house, but I really think their issues keep the from maintaining the momentum. 

Point being, Burrow has gotten a pass so far because of the luck and hype from getting where they got. I don't think he'll have as much leash going forward though. 

• Like 2