2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Could this really happen sooner rather than later.

Seven players worthy of #1? Feels like that could be a fun thread to have people list who they think those players would be. 

As for the timing, I think it's become clear that we make at least one move off of #1 this week/before FA.... Whether that is to like Houston or a big jump is the question. 

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we want to ride Whitehair one more year at LG it would make sense for us to draft Andrew Vorhees on what would effectively be a redshirt season for 2023. He’ll almost certainly be drafted below his ability level due to the injury. 

For SURE the type of guys we should be looking at later in the draft

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we want to ride Whitehair one more year at LG it would make sense for us to draft Andrew Vorhees on what would effectively be a redshirt season for 2023. He’ll almost certainly be drafted below his ability level due to the injury. 

could throw him on the pup/non-football injury list and not have to worry about anything. i like it, i would take a shot with a 4th/5th

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

TTNL was blasting JSN as a bust and saying Orlando Brown was a must sign.

I disagree.   And it's risky because WRs bust a lot.   But I think JSN can be a player and WR class is not deep.  You want your choice, you got take him early.

I didn't listen to whole thing, because honestly they take forever to get to a point.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

There it is.  

Sign McGary, Jones

for 

1.9, Brian burns, 2.39(?), 24 1

1.9 take JSN

2.39 take JMS

2.57(?) take keeanu benton or Jahmyr Gibbs 

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Sign McGary, Jones

for 

1.9 take JSN

2.39 take JMS

I would love to get burns, i just dont think carolina offers any of their players in a trade. i think if they do, you have to take the 24 1 off the table or at the very least offer something else back, like a 2024 2nd

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Sign McGary, Jones

for 

1.9 take JSN

2.39 take JMS

I don't think Carolina is willing to give Burns.  I think no players are coming in deal.   Vegas money is pretty strong on it being Carolina now as well.   

I believe it will be:

1 for 9, 39, 61, 2024 1, 2025 1.

Maybe we kick back a mid somewhere in there to get it all finished up.  

We take JSN at 9 - unless Jalen Carter or Tyree are sitting there.   Then it will be definitely be one of those two IMO.  

We may also take Gonzalez, Witherspoon or Porter Jr. over JSN if they are there at 9.   Corner is a premium position as well and those guys are top prospects at position.  

Outside chance we take Quentin Johnston over JSN.    I believe they favor JSN over him though.  

2nd who knows?  Depends on who is there at 39 still.  

I am thinking it will be their top IOL or DL/Edge on board unless by some miracle Deonte Banks is still on board.  Then it will be him for sure.

If they don't take JSN with first pick it could be a WR like Josh Downs in 2nd.   I don't see it happening though.   

We will see.   Going to be fun to watch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I don't think Carolina is willing to give Burns.  I think no players are coming in deal.   Vegas money is pretty strong on it being Carolina now as well.   

It’s a gamble on their level of desperation, but yeah likely an unlikely trade piece. Considering it would likely take 2 1sts at least to trade for him straight up. 

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We take JSN at 9 - unless Jalen Carter or Tyree are sitting there.   Then it will be definitely be one of those two IMO.  

Carter was a contemplation at 1 and Wilson one at 4, so either at 9 is an absolute win, if we can assume they’re as advertised 

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We may also take Gonzalez, Witherspoon or Porter Jr. over JSN if they are there at 9.   Corner is a premium position as well and those guys are top prospects at position.  

Corner is also deep enough that I’d be comfortable waiting til the second. I’d be remiss if we went corner with our first pick again with so much available talent. 

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Outside chance we take Quentin Johnston over JSN.    I believe they favor JSN over him though.  

I listened to QJ’s interview the other day and dear god he has the deepest voice I’ve ever heard for a WR. I’m getting more on board with him but less so if we take him top 15. what I specifically look for when I scout players, what I like is pretty much everything JSN does. 

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If they don't take JSN with first pick it could be a WR like Josh Downs in 2nd.   I don't see it happening though.   

Downs is similar to Flowers for me. Route technician, decent speed, but certainly less dangerous after the catch to me. Would like him in the second though for sure. 

• Like 1