2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I didn't see latest info.  

I was going off Biggs article and trusting his information.  Misplaced trust I guess.

I apologized in another thread.  Hard to keep track of all of them.  

Dont get me wrong, Im with you, I want a Tackle. But I also dont think we should be shelling out all that money just because we have Cap room. 

Also, it has become very clear to me, that its more about actual Cash with the McCaskeys right now. That tweet from the other thread says it all, the WalMart money is on a different level, and while players arent going to be getting fully guaranteed deals, its going to become more and more about real upfront money, which puts us at a disadvantage until they sell the team

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Dont get me wrong, Im with you, I want a Tackle. But I also dont think we should be shelling out all that money just because we have Cap room. 

Also, it has become very clear to me, that its more about actual Cash with the McCaskeys right now. That tweet from the other thread says it all, the WalMart money is on a different level, and while players arent going to be getting fully guaranteed deals, its going to become more and more about real upfront money, which puts us at a disadvantage until they sell the team

Or at least until they’ve got the enhanced revenue streams that will come with the new stadium in AH. 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Or at least until they’ve got the enhanced revenue streams that will come with the new stadium in AH. 

That will help, but if these actual Billionaires are going to be coming into the league and throw around Real, up front money, its going to be hard to compete with that year in and year out with a potentially Cash Poor owner

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Says credible sources.  I already cited it.  If memory serves Poles even alluded to it in an interview.  You are like a press secretary sometimes.   You think Poles didn’t try for any big FA OTs? It was an obvious goal.  

Scheme.  People keep repeating that word.  It is 2023 buzz word.  It’s zone blocking.  With OZ as primary base play.  

Brown isn’t bees knees, or wasn’t last year in some games, but you think he never zone blocked in college and NFL? Literally everyone does it.  Poles has a preference for lighter OL or ones with lower body fat.  That’s fine, but that doesn’t mean Brown can’t play at all.   He has been well above average player in league since jump.   He would be our second most decorated Olinemen in recent memory and he is still young unlike Jason Peters. 

This comment was out of line and rude @Madmike90.  Apologies.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, malagabears said:

Biggsy ponders if it might be Broderick Jones at 9. Too high?

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1640318186380750852?t=YAqmSgwdzHKQCCJxgk4KlA&s=19

I like Broderick Jones alot, I like Paris Johnson alot more. 

But I think Jones would be more of a fall back plan that we trade down (to 12-16) for more picks

• Like 1

I have similar enough grades on Paris Johnson, Jones, and Wright that I'd be pretty happy with any of them tbh.... 

Different pros and cons to each. 

Johnson is more pure LT and involves moving Braxton to the RT spot imo

Broderick could be either rt or LT, and has imo the highest ceiling, but lowest floor. I'd likely put him RT

Wright is the safest pure RT and could be had on a trade down, increasing value.... Not quite as athletic as the other two, limiting his upside a touch. 

But yeah sign me up for any of those. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

For best value I would be really happy with Wright in early 2nd.  That would involve a trade down of some sort.

I don’t think he makes it that far tbh. I’ll be surprised if he’s not off the board in the 20s somewhere. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think he makes it that far tbh. I’ll be surprised if he’s not off the board in the 20s somewhere. 

Yeah I think teams will rightfully fall in love with his tape against Will Anderson...no way I see him falling out of the 1st unless it is medical/personality based.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

That could be correct.   I count only 19 guys total I can say I am fairly certain will be picked before him.

He could go anywhere from 20 - 40 I believe.   Anything lower and you have to consider trading up to get him.  

I do think Paris Johnson, Skronski, Anton Harrison, and Broderick Jones go before him on OL.  As soon as those 4 are gone it could be any next pick.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

For best value I would be really happy with Wright in early 2nd.  That would involve a trade down of some sort.

This isnt directed as you specifically, but the dream many on here have of just "trading down and getting an early 2nd" just isnt currently very realistic.

Mostly because, there arent many behind us in the first who also have an "early" 2nd.

If were looking at a pick in the 2nd between 32-40 our options are

• Pittsburgh - They obviously have our 32nd pick, but that is way too much on its own for an very uncharacteristic move up by the Steelers, it would have to be something like 9+64 for 17+32. So sure, doable, but un unlikely move overall
  • Seattle - They have #20, but after getting a Top 5 talent with the Rams pick, who knows if they are looking to move up at all. But they do have #37, which lines up well with a move up from 20 to 9. Do we want to move that far back? Maybe
  • New Orleans - They got #29 for Peyton, and they do have #40 too, Id imagine we'd be looking for more in a drop down that far, and a team with that much cap issues, a pair of Top 40 cost controlled rookies is probably a nice perk. If we would make that move, Id imagine we'd just take Wright at #29 (if hes even still there)
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This isnt directed as you specifically, but the dream many on here have of just "trading down and getting an early 2nd" just isnt currently very realistic.

Mostly because, there arent many behind us in the first who also have an "early" 2nd.

If were looking at a pick in the 2nd between 32-40 our options are

• Pittsburgh - They obviously have our 32nd pick, but that is way too much on its own for an very uncharacteristic move up by the Steelers, it would have to be something like 9+64 for 17+32. So sure, doable, but un unlikely move overall
  • Seattle - They have #20, but after getting a Top 5 talent with the Rams pick, who knows if they are looking to move up at all. But they do have #37, which lines up well with a move up from 20 to 9. Do we want to move that far back? Maybe
  • New Orleans - They got #29 for Peyton, and they do have #40 too, Id imagine we'd be looking for more in a drop down that far, and a team with that much cap issues, a pair of Top 40 cost controlled rookies is probably a nice perk. If we would make that move, Id imagine we'd just take Wright at #29 (if hes even still there)

I think Poles would trade down further than 9 in the right scenario, but probably not too much further. I think maybe within the next few picks or so, which is only going to net something in the R3/4 range. And honestly, that’d be a solid get too IMO. Going from 9 to 14 (NE) for example would get us 3-76 and 4-135 per the value chart. That would give us 9 picks in the first 4 rounds plus pick 1 of R5. Can we still get one of our primary targets at 14? Maybe, and that’s Poles’ conundrum here. Volume in picks is great but at some point you’re going to see a notable deterioration in the caliber of prospect available too, and Poles has been clear on wanting to add blue chip prospects through the draft too. We’re already arguably at the fringe of the best of the best prospects at 9 as it is. I think at 9 you’re getting a great prospect (just below elite tier). Any lower than that and probably not. 

• Like 1