GTD: Week 1 vs 49ers (Regime Debut -- Rebuilding the Tower Begins) AKA Capt Trey Lance Debate

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I ask again who has the better WR room Bears or Packers?

Worth noting that Christian Watson had what would have been a break away td on his first pass... 

Drops where a problem for him coming out, but the physical talent to just blast by the defense and be a giant target for Rodgers is still a potential issue. 

33 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Worth noting that Christian Watson had what would have been a break away td on his first pass... 

Drops where a problem for him coming out, but the physical talent to just blast by the defense and be a giant target for Rodgers is still a potential issue. 

MVS clone...

With the weather this was always gonna be a game where the stats were somewhat of a throwaway. Gameplans were certainly altered by the conditions on both sides. The Bears won today IMO because they were the better coached team, certainly in the 2nd half. In-game adjustments were outstanding. Once they started to incorporate more of what we were told they’d be doing (boot action, stretch runs, getting Fields out of the pocket) the offense started to click pretty well against a tough defense. The Bears scored the game’s final 19 points against a more talented opponent. That’s awesome. Disciplined football increases your margin for error.

I’m hoping the 3rd and 6+ running plays were more prominent today because of the weather, because there were a lot of them. Also, Herbert looked like the much better RB today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m hoping the 3rd and 6+ running plays were more prominent today because of the weather, because there were a lot of them. Also, Herbert looked like the much better RB today. 

I was thinking the same thing! 

They basically benched Monty....it was weird

According to ESPN Bosa had 2 QB hits, 1 sack & 1 TFL…you offered me that at the start of yesterday against a 5th round rookie making his first start I would have bitten your hand off…Jones started off shaky especially when we were in shotgun but he settled in and was rock solid as the game went on…full OL was much the same especially Jenkins inside while being asked to rotate…special mention to Borom who I never noticed throughout the game…usually a great thing for an OT

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Epyon said:

You bought the feet, but not the hands. 

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You bought the feet, but not the hands. 

I don’t know that he hasn’t gotten it straightened out and that his drop yesterday won’t prove to be an outlier, but I remember toward the end of the draft cycle reading that his drop rate last year was like 13% or something outrageous like that. Until he gets that straightened out it won’t matter how great the rest of his skill set is.

52 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t know that he hasn’t gotten it straightened out and that his drop yesterday won’t prove to be an outlier, but I remember toward the end of the draft cycle reading that his drop rate last year was like 13% or something outrageous like that. Until he gets that straightened out it won’t matter how great the rest of his skill set is.

Our rookie speedster may have same issue.