Rack's 2023 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition - 7 Rounds (4/26)

rackcs

I like the 1st round pick quite a bit Wilson is going to be a good one i think.   The 2nd round pick isn't per say bad but their is a legit 1st round guy there waiting for us and a big need as well.    Gervon Dexter Sr., INT, Florida  The Falcons sorely need our guy next to Grady to free him up to wreck havoc and Dexter imo is a top 20 to 25 guy in this draft.   

Wilson
Grady
Dexter
AK47 

Thats a good looking group going forward  then if we resign  Carter  we would have depth of   Taquan Graham, Lorenzo Carter, Deangelo Malone  Thats some solid depth finally as well and good roation. 

Although if we could get Payne in FA i would say a Cb there might be better but as of right now i load up on D-line because our secondary isn't bad when healthy.    It's much better than our D-line thats for sure and a stronger D-line only helps the secondary out more.

Terrell
Heyward
Oliver
Alford
hall
Armstrong

Thats actually not a bad CB group at all and im not against adding 1 more to it but not at the expense of a weaker D-line 1st.

• Like 1

If the Bears stay at #2, the discussion/decision between Will Anderson and Jalen Carter will be fascinating to see.

Both are Top of the Board prospects, and while Anderson is usually ranked higher and at a more traditionally valued position, he doesnt exactly fit the build of what Eberflus tends to need in his DEs. While Carter is actually the exact type of UT that he has stressed that he builds his defense around.

Can't hate on that for the Titans, though it looks like they'll end up picking much earlier.  Andre Carter is a tough one to project, and I have some others in front of him, but many others seem to have him in that range, and Edge will be a need.

Jones would be a great grab at that spot.  A little undersized, but an excellent record against top tier pass rushers in college.

On 1/1/2023 at 8:32 AM, INbengalfan said:

Love it for the Bengals.  I've actually gone for those two on simulators.  That said, even as much as I want Darnell Washington, I could absolutely see the Bengals going for one of the ED guys like Foskey or Ojulari.  

I'm not a Colts fan, but if they get Stroud, they'd be absolutely crazy to let Jaxon Smith Njigba slide by them in the second.

And the Lions just improved their defensed ten-fold with that draft.

I just don't think the Bengals will want to spend a prime pick on TE when they can get solid production off of reclamation guys like Hurst and mid round guys like Uzomah.  CB/Edge seems much more likely there, or possibly OT if one they really like is there.  Honestly, if Jaxon Smith-Njigba is sitting there and they like his medicals, there is your Tyler Boyd slot replacement on a cheap WR contract and a year to break him in.  Chase/Higgins/JSN for multiple years together is just stupid scary for opposing secondaries.

I'm not sure if i'm sold on Dawand Jones.  Maybe, but I need to dig a little more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I just don't think the Bengals will want to spend a prime pick on TE when they can get solid production off of reclamation guys like Hurst and mid round guys like Uzomah.  CB/Edge seems much more likely there, or possibly OT if one they really like is there.  Honestly, if Jaxon Smith-Njigba is sitting there and they like his medicals, there is your Tyler Boyd slot replacement on a cheap WR contract and a year to break him in.  Chase/Higgins/JSN for multiple years together is just stupid scary for opposing secondaries.

I'm not sure if i'm sold on Dawand Jones.  Maybe, but I need to dig a little more.

If we don't get washington early, therbn I wait on a TE until day 3.  He's just that special as a blocker and receiver.  Bowers is a unicorn, but Washington blocks like another OT.  Jones was the highest rated OT left in the second round every time I got to the second round and didn't go OT in the first.  

As for JSN, I gave him thought a lot too.  But another idea popped in my head if he was.  What if the team that takes Stroud (Indy seems the most likely without trades being projected yet) wanted to team them back up and offered us their 2024 first and this year's second.  I'd jump on it, especially with the Colts or Houston, who seem too early in a rebuild to flip in one year, which them puts us in great position next year to try to get either Bowers or Harrison Jr.  With Marvin Jr, that literally puts Chase in the slot.  Oh a fan can dream, right?

Jags picks are fine tho the jags are picking after the Titans cuz the jags have the better record. 

Could see the jags bring in another edge(which would allow walker to play some inside snaps) and create chaos.

Wr makes sense as well.

TE makes a lot of sense for the jags with 3 free agents at TE(hoping we keep engram cuz he's finally starting to play to his draft pedigree) so I would go with a TE that's a good blocker. 

On 12/30/2022 at 9:32 PM, rackcs said:

A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest

I get it, every time, Pats need a big WR.

We need speed on offense desperately, that knows how to play football. Baylor WR still shaking my head!!!! I bet Perry bio, great on 50/50 balls, which really means can't separate, another word SLOW. 

Did you look at his 40 time 4.5 !!!! Did you watch how slow our WR are, even Thornton??? He's 4.2 on the track. He 5 flat on the field, with no clue how to play. Takes a day to come out of his brake. Also he is so timid on the field.

I would take Darnell Wright one of the most underrated player in the draft. Yes, he looks slow however look at the size 6'6 345 with long arms and how he moves!!!!  Look what he does to the number one pick Williams in the draft. He humble him to say the least. I would even look at him at LT. You say no I say look at he tape. Worst case sceenario he's your RT for the next 10 years, Final note we don't have a RT that can play!!!!!

ADDED  Take a good look at 1:15 to 1:20.  And this is the clincher 4:08 to 4.15. He get beat at 1st see how he recovers!!!!!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NFL Mock Draft 5.0

Trying to keep strong with my mock a month, upped myself to three rounds as I continue to watch and familiarize with prospects. As such the further into the 3rd round I got, I got to a few guys I haven't watched yet. Still happy with this overall, there were only a couple of picks where I wasn't sure what to do and only a few prospects I wished I could've slotted in somewhere. 

I did this as a no-trade mock as I feel like when I do trade mocks the conversation becomes dominated by value discussion on the trades and not about the prospects and fits. As usual, please feel free to leave feedback and comments. I love hearing everybody thoughts and talking draft.

Round 1  
Team Pick
Chicago Bears Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia
Houston Texans Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
Arizona Cardinals Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama
Indianapolis Colts CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State
Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech
Detroit Lions (from LA Rams) Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
Las Vegas Raiders Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
Atlanta Falcons Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
Carolina Panthers Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans) Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa
Tennessee Titans Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
Houston Texans (from Cleveland) Jordan Addison, WR, USC
New York Jets Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
New England Patriots Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
Green Bay Packers Brian Branch, S, Alabama
Washington Commanders Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
Pittsburgh Steelers Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
Detroit Lions Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
Seattle Seahawks Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
Miami Dolphins Forfeited
Los Angeles Chargers Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
Baltimore Ravens Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
Minnesota Vikings Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
Jacksonville Jaguars Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
New York Giants Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
Dallas Cowboys Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
Buffalo Bills Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M
Cincinnati Bengals Tuli Tuipulotu, INT, USC
Denver Broncos (from San Francisco) O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
Kansas City Chiefs Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
Philadelphia Eagles Gervon Dexter Sr., INT, Florida

Round 2  
Team Pick
Pittsburgh Steelers (from Chicago) Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
Houston Texans Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
Arizona Cardinals Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
Indianapolis Colts Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
Los Angeles Rams BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) Calijah Kancey, INT, Pittsburgh
Las Vegas Raiders Cody Mauch, OG, North Dakota State
Carolina Panthers Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
New Orleans Saints JL Skinner, S, Boise State
Tennessee Titans Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
Cleveland Browns Mazi Smith, INT, Michigan
New York Jets Christopher Smith, S, Georgia
Atlanta Falcons Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
Green Bay Packers Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland
New England Patriots Rashee Rice, WR, SMU
Washington Commanders John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
Detroit Lions Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
Pittsburgh Steelers Siaki Ika, INT, Baylor
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
Miami Dolphins Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M
Seattle Seahawks Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
Chicago Bears (from Baltimore) Andre Carter II, EDGE, Army
Los Angeles Chargers A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest
Detroit Lions (from Minnesota) Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama
Jacksonville Jaguars Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah
New York Giants Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
Dallas Cowboys DJ Turner, CB, Michigan
Buffalo Bills Zach Evans, RB, Ole Miss
Cincinnati Bengals Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State
Carolina Panthers (from San Francisco) Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
Kansas City Chiefs Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
Philadelphia Eagles Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA

Round 3  
Team Pick
Chicago Bears Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee
Houston Texans Andrew Vorhees, OG, USC
Arizona Cardinals Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia
Denver Broncos (from Indianapolis) Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
Denver Broncos Will McDonald IV, EDGE, Iowa State
Los Angeles Rams Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas
Las Vegas Raiders Zacch Pickens, INT, South Carolina
New Orleans Saints Tanner McKee, QB, Stanford
Tennessee Titans Derick Hall, EDGE, Auburn
Houston Texans (from Cleveland) Karl Brooks, INT, Bowling Green
New York Jets Noah Sewell, LB, Oregon
Atlanta Falcons Steve Avila, OG, TCU
New England Patriots (from Carolina) Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State
Miami Dolphins (from New England) DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas
Green Bay Packers Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
Indianapolis Colts (from Washington) Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama
Pittsburgh Steelers Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
Detroit Lions Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Keion White, EDGE, Georgia Tech
Seattle Seahawks Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
Miami Dolphins Joe Tippman, C, Wisconsin
Los Angeles Chargers Keeanu Benton, INT, Wisconsin
Baltimore Ravens Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse
Minnesota Vikings Rakim Jarrett, WR, Maryland
Jacksonville Jaguars Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa State
New York Giants Kyu Blue Kelly, CB, Stanford
Dallas Cowboys Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn
Buffalo Bills Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma
Cincinnati Bengals Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma
Carolina Panthers (from San Francisco) Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
Kansas City Chiefs Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
Philadelphia Eagles Nick Herbig, LB, Wisconsin
  • Like 5

Positions are fine, but not the route I'd choose.  If we are taking an iDL, give me Kancey.  I like Tuli, but he's a tweener.  You might be right since Lou Anarumo values flexibility, but we don't normally gran those type of linemen early.  I still think Anton Harrison or one of the EDGE guys are the pick.  CB would be in play, but the value isn't there at the pick.

I like Kraft, but depending on what we do in the first, an EDGE guy like Uzamah or McDonald, a NT like Pickens, a CB like Kelly Blue, or even a LB like Campbell to replace Pratt would also work.  I also think we keep Hurst around at TE, so not sure the priority level there.

It's obviously early with no idea which free agents leave, but that's where I'm at right now.

Great effort.  Much appreciated.

• Like 2

Solid Bengals picks.  I think they are going to hammer value over position in this draft.  There will certainly be a slant towards OT/CB/Edge, but I don't see them reaching with any pick for a position.

Alternative Bengals picks given the board:

1. Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
2. Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
3. Jordan Battle, S, Alabama

OR......

1. Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
2. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
3. Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama

OR.....

1. Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Miss St
2. Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
3. Blake Freeland, OT, BYU