The AFC South is an interesting division - NOT a yawner

notthatbluestuff

24 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

For sure - if they play the Colts every week.

i don't think the jaguars are as good as they looked today, but i don't think they're as messy as they looked against washington either. i think they're a .500 team, and in this crappy division that means they'll probably be in the hunt!

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i don't think the jaguars are as good as they looked today, but i don't think they're as messy as they looked against washington either. i think they're a .500 team, and in this crappy division that means they'll probably be in the hunt!

I predicted 6-7 wins. That’s still where I think they end up.

Doug P being in the fold helps though. This franchise hasn’t had a real HC since JDR, and hasn’t had a talented offensive mind running the offense in, well…

19 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Texans playing Denver tough so far too. I like the way Lovie is coaching that team, although I’m skeptical on the QB/talent overall.

Skeptical is generous. Davis Mills is a mid-tier backup QB who happens to start - he's a poor mans' Tom Savage. At this point, I can't really say Mills is better than Gardner Minshew or Drew Lock, I can't say he's better than Kenny Pickett or Malik Willis. Calling him the 32nd best QB in the league is only a function of starting for the Texans, there are a number of backups better than him.

(On the plus side - the "let's build around Davis Mills" narrative in Houston is pretty much dead. Everyone now knows what I knew going into this season, this guy wasn't good in college and wouldn't be good as a pro).

The starting QB for the Texans in 2023 is in college right now. Alabama, Ohio State, Kentucky - one of those three will be the guy next season at some point, if I had to guess. Mills or Kyle Allen will probably start the season off, so said rookie can acclimate on their own schedule - but make no mistake, QB is a need that'll be addressed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Jags are also big contenders to improve a lot by season’s end. Lawrence has a ton of room to grow still, so they could be a whole different squad by week 8.