Notable Stats

Hunter2_1

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Our Run Def is #1 in the league, but pass def is 32nd in the league. I haven't looked at all of the metrics (yards per play, yards/game, td's/game, etc.), but we've had one good game (BUF) and 4 bad games (KC, CIN, DAL, LVR).

Idk what other teams could possibly be worse at this point specifically with defending the pass.

Ravens are 28th in pass attempts (more passes thrown against), 31st in yards, 25th in TDs, 27th in NY/A.  Panthers are 7th in pass attempts, 21st in yards, 31st in TDs, and 31st in NY/A.  The only reason the Panthers aren't dead last in pass yards allowed is because teams don't have a reason to throw on them more.  3 of our 5 games have been over at halftime.

I'd say the Colts pass defense is worse too or at least it can be debated.  Yeah the Ravens pass defense has struggled, but look at the QBs you named. Mahomes, Burrow, and Dak.  Colts got ripped by Lawrence, Fields, and Williams.  Then you have the Jags who are 28th in attempts, 32nd in yards allowed, 28th in TDs, 30th in INTs, and 29th in NY/A.  

But for what the Panthers give up despite how little they get thrown against?  They have to be the worst.  And they haven't even gotten to the hardest part of their schedule yet.  Falcons this week, Commanders next week, then a stretch of games against the Chiefs, Bucs, Eagles, Cowboys, Cardinals.  

Edited by iknowcool

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Ravens are 28th in pass attempts (more passes thrown against), 31st in yards, 25th in TDs, 27th in NY/A.  Panthers are 7th in pass attempts, 21st in yards, 31st in TDs, and 31st in NY/A.  The only reason the Panthers aren't dead last in pass yards allowed is because teams don't have a reason to throw on them more.  3 of our 5 games have been over at halftime.

I'd say the Colts pass defense is worse too or at least it can be debated.  Yeah the Ravens pass defense has struggled, but look at the QBs you named. Mahomes, Burrow, and Dak.  Colts got ripped by Lawrence, Fields, and Williams.  Then you have the Jags who are 28th in attempts, 32nd in yards allowed, 28th in TDs, 30th in INTs, and 29th in NY/A.  

But for what the Panthers give up despite how little they get thrown against?  They have to be the worst.  And they haven't even gotten to the hardest part of their schedule yet.  Falcons this week, Commanders next week, then a stretch of games against the Chiefs, Bucs, Eagles, Cowboys, Cardinals.  

Well at least this makes me feel better about our unit.

Although we're still gonna get absolutely torched by WAS this upcoming week so that's gonna be fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Washington's passing offense against Baltimore's passing defense might be one of the greatest disparity matchups we've seen recently, considering WAS is on a historically great pace and BAL's pass defense is on a historically awful pace.

The pace is generated from a stellar run game at the moment (RBs and Daniels). You all are STOUT against the run, so if that continues, it could help against our pass game. Will be interesting to watch. I do expect a high OU number (haven't check it out yet). 

Prescott threw two interceptions in the game, one coming right before halftime and one coming in the fourth quarter. By the time the fourth quarter had started, it was already Monday morning on the east coast, meaning Prescott threw an interception on two different days during the same game.

• Like 1

Malik Nabers is currently #1 in the NFL in receptions, despite missing a game, with 35.

Wan'Dale Robinson is tied for 3rd in the NFL in receptions with 32.

Darius Slayton has 18, which is ranked 55th.

No other wide receiver on the Giants has a catch. I feel like that is very weird.

It's crazy to think that Rashid Shaheed's 43 yards touchdown last night actually dropped his career yards per touchdown average. Would be curious to see if there are any other players (with 10+ career touchdowns) remotely close to this yards per touchdown average (especially without return touchdowns factored in). It seems like such a statistical anomaly. Like maybe a Will Fuller, Desean Jackson, or Tyreek is up there as well early in their careers, but I honestly can't think of anyone? 

He went from 51.4 yards per touchdown to 50.7 yards per touchdown. 48.4 yards per touchdown (Receiving/Rushing) without the punt return factored in. 

On 9/19/2024 at 3:48 PM, tyler735 said:

I feel like averaging 51 yards per touchdown in his career so far is pretty wild. Drops to 49 yards per touchdown if you take the 1 punt return touchdown out of the equation, which is still insane.