What should Dallas do at QB?

Dallas94Ware

What should Dallas do at QB?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dallas...

• Ride out the storm with Rush/DiNucci until Dak returns?
    • Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo?
    • Trade for another player (put name in post below)?
    • Garrett Gilbert was not all that bad..is he still available?
    • Put Dak on permanant IR and bank on a top draft choice?
    • Sign available free agent/practice squad player (name below)

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Because people apparently need the refresher: 

I started to watch it and the first two throws are bad QB play, so I stopped. Yes Schultz messed up the route in the first pass but Dak doesn’t have to throw it. You’re in the red zone you need those points. The second pass to CD Lamb is all Dak. It’s an option route and Dak read the safety wrong. I’m not going through the rest. 

Edited by DaBoys

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I started to watch it and the first two throws are bad QB play, so I stopped. Yes Schultz messed up the route in the first pass but Dak doesn’t have to throw it. You’re in the red zone you need those points. The second pass to CD Lamb is all Dak. It’s an option route and Dak read the safety wrong. I’m not going through the rest. 

The players seem to disagree with you.

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

The players seem to disagree with you.

I assure you they don’t. CD Lamb threw his hands in the air like “wtf?” After the 2nd pass. Dak is supposed to read the safety. It’s a post dig option route. If the safety is playing down hit the post if the safety is playing deep hit the dig.

The safety was playing shallow(ask me how I know). CD ran the post and Dak threw the dig. If the safety was deep and Dak was correct in throwing the dig then the S wouldn’t have been there for the pick. If Dak would have thrown the post it may have been a TD because CD had him on his back heels. But Dak threw the dig, the ball was picked, and the players, clearly agree that it was a bad throw.

y1mM42x.jpg

eHLoIX7.jpg

usjqN7x.jpg

19 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Whether this is true or not, the point of the video is to show all the examples where Dak’s receivers are at a minimum not doing him any favors and at worst actively sabotaging him with incompetence. And the Cowboys have really been bit by the bad bounces, especially contrasted to Cooper Rush, who had defenders drop quite a few interceptions.

I think there’s reason for optimism that we’re due for a regression to the mean in this department.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Whether this is true or not, the point of the video is to show all the examples where Dak’s receivers are at a minimum not doing him any favors and at worst actively sabotaging him with incompetence. And the Cowboys have really been bit by the bad bounces, especially contrasted to Cooper Rush, who had defenders drop quite a few interceptions.

I think there’s reason for optimism that we’re due for a regression to the mean in this department.

Meh… I’ll parrot the Dak fans and say you don’t watch enough other teams. Have you seen Aaron Rodgers WRs? Have you ever seen Joe Burrow or Tom Brady upset at their WRs? Nah me neither 

FURTHERMORE 

Communication is the QBs’ Job. You are the coach on the field. Therefore any miscommunication is ultimately the QBs’ fault. Your #1 WR ran the wrong route? Why? Your TE1 carried the route too long? Why? And why did you throw it anyway?

I’ll give him the picks like Hendershot last week …and Noah brown in OT. …

But quit showing clips of a 30 year old QB struggling with communication as proof that he is an elite QB being sabotaged by his offense littered with 1st round picks. 

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I assure you they don’t. CD Lamb threw his hands in the air like “wtf?” After the 2nd pass. Dak is supposed to read the safety. It’s a post dig option route. If the safety is playing down hit the post if the safety is playing deep hit the dig.

The safety was playing shallow(ask me how I know). CD ran the post and Dak threw the dig. If the safety was deep and Dak was correct in throwing the dig then the S wouldn’t have been there for the pick. If Dak would have thrown the post it may have been a TD because CD had him on his back heels. But Dak threw the dig, the ball was picked, and the players, clearly agree that it was a bad throw.

y1mM42x.jpg

eHLoIX7.jpg

usjqN7x.jpg

Sure, in the moment he threw his arms up, but that pretty much doesn’t mean anything as it’s been stated they weren’t on the same page… the guy just had an immediate reaction as he was confused with the result at that immediate point in time. It was stated in an interview that he made a mistake there. Dak clearly threw the ball with anticipation of CeeDee being somewhere he didn’t end up going — wasn’t an issue of misreading the safety. And no, not all miscommunication is on the QB just because they’re the QB. Saying otherwise is just silly. They have to expect that they’re all on the same page when the call comes in and is then communicated to the offense — They then anticipate people to do their jobs correctly. Lamb has been awesome, but he made a mistake here and a ton of credible people have pointed that out. The fact that it’s even a matter of debate paints the picture in terms of the nature of these interceptions. It’s not like they’re happy because Dak is making super dumb decisions and is not accurate with the football… despite what detractors blindly suggest with no evidence outside of a stat sheet tallying interceptions.

Werent you pretty in love with how Stafford played last year despite a ton of turnovers while leading the league in that category? Curious why you didn’t have the same energy there..

Edited by NoFlyZone

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Meh… I’ll parrot the Dak fans and say you don’t watch enough other teams. Have you seen Aaron Rodgers WRs? Have you ever seen Joe Burrow or Tom Brady upset at their WRs? Nah me neither 

I don’t really know what you are trying to say. Dak’s INT luck has been probably the worst in football, so even if other QBs have been let down by their receiving core, it hasn’t resulted in the catastrophic plays at the same rate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t really know what you are trying to say. Dak’s INT luck has been probably the worst in football, so even if other QBs have been let down by their receiving core, it hasn’t resulted in the catastrophic plays at the same rate.

You know exactly what I’m trying to say. Every QB deals with WRs, OL, and coaching, and most of them don’t have near the talent around them that Dak does. You’re not going to sit here and try to convince Me Tom Brady is just lucky 🍀 …  and Dak can’t catch a break. 

Edited by DaBoys

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You know exactly what I’m trying to say. Every QB deals with WRs, OL, and coaching, and most of them don’t have near the talent around them that Dak does. You’re not going to sit here and try to convince Me Tom Brady is just lucky 🍀 …  and Dak can’t catch a break. 

That’s not what I’m saying. At all.

What I’m saying is that over the period of games since Dak returned from his injury, his interception total is a very strong function of bad luck. Worse luck than almost any other QB has had over that period, and it has resulted in a turnover rate that is nowhere near his levels previously in his career. And therefor, there’s reason for optimism the ball won’t continue to bounce so unlucky.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

, there’s reason for optimism the ball won’t continue to bounce so unlucky.

There’s reason to believe that after the Noah Brown pick 6 that his next pass would definitely not be a pick 6, but here we are.

• Like 1

Is that any good? Putting up a lot of touchdowns and being a huge contributor to the #1 offense in the league? Just curious. Or do we turn a blind eye to that just like we do to the interceptions that haven’t been his fault. It’s interesting what stats detractors care about vs what stars they choose to ignore… let alone the context they choose to ignore.

Okay, I've read everything posted on this thread and I will say this.

If Dak's luck with bad bounces, if you choose to entertain that idea, continues, we will not get out of the 1st round.

Yeah Dak has made a career of atoning for his mistakes, see GB vs Dal playoffs. Dal down 21 to 0. Dak rallied them back to a tie only to have Rodgers, once again, show the world what a clutch QB is.

So, when Dak rallies this team to a Div or NFCCG victory, I will find reason to celebrate.

Until then, it's fingers crossed, prayers offered and scotch on ice because I can't continue to relive the same nightmare sober anymore.

Edited by Rtnldave