What should Dallas do at QB?

Dallas94Ware

What should Dallas do at QB?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dallas...

• Ride out the storm with Rush/DiNucci until Dak returns?
    • Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo?
    • Trade for another player (put name in post below)?
    • Garrett Gilbert was not all that bad..is he still available?
    • Put Dak on permanant IR and bank on a top draft choice?
    • Sign available free agent/practice squad player (name below)

If they go 1 and done, I think you draft a QB late first round or early second. Get rid of Zeke. Free up some cap room and just set Dak up to fail in 23'. Then move on with better draft position in 24'. I don't think there are any cornerstone pieces on this team aside from Parsons and Tyler Smith. Lamb will already be past his rookie deal as well and will need to be signed long term. Not sure he'll be worth the money. You will give it another go with the same group of guys because you have to sell tickets, but the team should have a new core offensively in 24'.  

Right now, I think we are in the same boat as Minnesota and NYG where you have a nucleus but it's not a championship nucleus and its easy to get carried away and overpay. With the NFC up for grabs, all three teams are likely to extend the same crop of players, but it's a slippery slope. NFC will definitely be winnable for the next couple of years though.

Edited by WheatieMan

11 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

If they go 1 and done, I think you draft a QB late first round or early second. Get rid of Zeke. Free up some cap room and just set Dak up to fail in 23'. Then move on with better draft position in 24'. I don't think there are any cornerstone pieces on this team aside from Parsons and Tyler Smith. Lamb will already be past his rookie deal as well and will need to be signed long term. Not sure he'll be worth the money. You will give it another go with the same group of guys because you have to sell tickets, but the team should have a new core offensively in 24'.  

Right now, I think we are in the same boat as Minnesota and NYG where you have a nucleus but it's not a championship nucleus and its easy to get carried away and overpay. With the NFC up for grabs, all three teams are likely to extend the same crop of players, but it's a slippery slope. NFC will definitely be winnable for the next couple of years though.

After this season, he’ll still be owed $65,000,000, but he notably has the choice to opt out of his deal one year early following the 2023 season, at which point he’ll still be just 30 years old.

https://boardroom.tv/dak-prescott-contract-salary-cowboys/

2022 was year 2 on a 4 year deal, but HE has the option to get out of his contract at the end of next year. Presumably so he can renegotiate if he balls out, but I think a prudent FO would be wise to treat Dak as if 2023 is his last year. 

Or at least realize they need to start building some leverage. 

4 hours ago, D82 said:

While I'm optimistic, 5-3 against playoff teams is a bit misleading as being impressive. Our 5 wins are:

Giants

Giants

Vikings

Eagles (No starting QB)

Bengals

Considering how mediocre Minnesota and NY are, and the Bengals win wasn't exactly them at their best, those wins alone don't mean really anything. We still have everything to prove next week against T12.

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

After this season, he’ll still be owed $65,000,000, but he notably has the choice to opt out of his deal one year early following the 2023 season, at which point he’ll still be just 30 years old.

2022 was year 2 on a 4 year deal, but HE has the option to get out of his contract at the end of next year. Presumably so he can renegotiate if he balls out, but I think a prudent FO would be wise to treat Dak as if 2023 is his last year. 

Dak is definitely opting out at the end of next year, where he’ll be in position to hold the Cowboys hostage once again for a huge payday.

If he plays terrible again next Monday, the Cowboys seriously have to consider moving on from the Dak/Zeke era. Build around that defense, with your best player. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Market will potentially reset twice. Once with Lamar, then Burrow. Probably going to be pushing $50m/yr with one or both. Then factor in what the idiot Browns’ did with Watson to top it off. 

Prescott tied Davis Mills for the league lead in interceptions with 15, making some history in the process. Prescott is the first quarterback to lead (or co-lead) the league in interceptions despite missing five-plus games. Norm Snead (1973), Jake Plummer (1999), and Carson Wentz (2020) previously head the dubious mark -- missing four games while leading the league in interceptions.

• Like 2