What should Dallas do at QB?

Dallas94Ware

What should Dallas do at QB?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dallas...

• Ride out the storm with Rush/DiNucci until Dak returns?
    • Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo?
    • Trade for another player (put name in post below)?
    • Garrett Gilbert was not all that bad..is he still available?
    • Put Dak on permanant IR and bank on a top draft choice?
    • Sign available free agent/practice squad player (name below)

On 10/12/2022 at 4:56 AM, Rtnldave said:

Dak has one problem that I noticed Rush does not.

Rush gets the ball out quickly. Prescott seems to wait that extra second until his target appears to be open. 

That's when he gets hit, throws into, what soon becomes coverage, turns the ball over, whatever.

He's got to be more decisive with his passes, and he has to start throwing his receivers open.

He clearly is more athletic, has a better knowledge of the position and offers an option as a runner that Rush doesn't.

But he has to play the game faster in his head. Not sure if the playbook is dumbed down for Rush and he has less of a playbook to draw from, or if he just makes faster decisions, but whatever it is, Rush doesn't make many mistakes. This tells me he is playing the game faster and more comfortably in his head than Prescott.

This aged well.

Rush is a bus driver with noodle arms.  Bring Dak back next week

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, it was his 1st loss. You had to think a team with the best record in the league would expose some weakness in him. 

A massive weakness. He does not cut it when he needs to sling the ball around.

Edited by retrolock

16 hours ago, retrolock said:

A massive weakness. He does not cut it when he needs to sling the ball around.

So the guy starts 6 games, wins 5 of em and comes up against a defense that planned around forcing him into deep throws and it works. For the 1st time this QB loses. 

So what? He doesn't get the chance to learn and develop from this like so many before him?

Do you forget all the garbage we had at back up QB when Romo was here?

You are really going to cry about 4 and 1 a third into the season?

I get it, he couldn't throw the deep ball well. But things could be wayyyyy worse if we had any of the other refugees we had in the past.

Dak was horrible today. Some of you were calling other members “morons” and “retards” last week for not wanting Dak back. Well… it’s not that Rush is better, but Dak sucks too. He was extremely lucky today, he was careless, off target, and I don’t care about injuries or rust because he ultimately picked up right where left off week 1. Which is right where he left off in the playoffs last year. Which is right where he left off in the 2nd half of the regular season last year. 

If you don’t count the week 18 game against the Eagles back ups last year, you have to go back nearly a year ago to get to Daks last Elite-level game. 

We have two capable QBs on our roster, but I don’t see a single franchise QB. 

Not trying to defend Dak because he has hasn't played well. Moore has been terrible with play calling and I think our receivers are overrated. I think what helped in previous years was the trio of receivers allowed us to play mismatches.

Dak is for sure better than Rush but this defense can only carry us so far.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Daks season stats thus far:

81/127 63.8% 

827 yards 6 TDs 4 Ints

5.64 ANY/A

85.9 passer rating

52.8 QBR

51 rush yards 1 TD

Do you remember in TC where SJ hinted at re-signing Dak to a new long term deal? That kind of talk should be criminal to discuss now. 

Make him play out his contract and let him go. The team needs to be re-stocked with talent.

Edited by Tony7188

58 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Do you remember in TC where SJ hinted at re-signing Dak to a new long term deal? That kind of talk should be criminal to discuss now. 

Make him play out his contract and let him go. The team needs to be re-stocked with talent.

Letting Dak play out his contract as is means enduring $49M and $52M cap hits the next two years followed by $21M in dead money in ‘25 when he’s no longer on the team.

Possible? Sure, I guess. I would say it’s likelier he does sign another extension to mitigate those figures, just like we did with Romo

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Letting Dak play out his contract as is means enduring $49M and $52M cap hits the next two years followed by $21M in dead money in ‘25 when he’s no longer on the team.

Possible? Sure, I guess. I would say it’s likelier he does sign another extension to mitigate those figures, just like we did with Romo

That would be incredibly stupid.  Paying Dak $10-12M more per year than QBs like Mhomes and Allen is asinine.  The absolute best thing that we can do is trade Dak to the highest bidder.  Could we get a Russel Wilson haul for Dak?  Hell no.  But we might be able to get a Carson Wentz type deal for him.  

Dak has proven that he cannot beat good teams.  I have no doubt that we would have won yesterday with Cooper Rush at QB.  After next week, Dak will be 2-3 on the season.  Rush will be 4-1.  And for the most part, Rush is beating a better opponents than Dak.  

6 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

That would be incredibly stupid.  Paying Dak $10-12M more per year than QBs like Mhomes and Allen is asinine.  The absolute best thing that we can do is trade Dak to the highest bidder.  Could we get a Russel Wilson haul for Dak?  Hell no.  But we might be able to get a Carson Wentz type deal for him.  

Dak has proven that he cannot beat good teams.  I have no doubt that we would have won yesterday with Cooper Rush at QB.  After next week, Dak will be 2-3 on the season.  Rush will be 4-1.  And for the most part, Rush is beating a better opponents than Dak.  

I think you’re wrong and that we’ll beat Minnesota. We’re road favorites for a reason

If this team does have a 2019-esque close to the year where Vegas rightly sees us as the most talented team every week but we still lose to everyone with a pulse, changes will be made. I would not count on them including the quarterback just yet

23 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I will say that Cooper Rush beat the Vikings. So Dak had better be able too.

Dalton, too.

Cousins is 2-8 all time against Dallas. The oddsmakers know what they’re doing. It’s a winnable game for sure, although we’re gonna need the defense to make some plays