Week 3: Packers @ Tampa Bay Bucs - PG: Packers WIN 14-12, Move to 2-1!

FAH1223

2 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Hill should be back soon, hopefully at least. Credit to amari on a good but negated return, but the likes of the fair catch show issues that just won't go away I reckon. He'll be off the team by next year or possibly even before the end of this one I reckon, especially since at best he's our 7th best receiver. 

Who's Hill?

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Who's Hill?

Kylin Hill, though I was mistaken that he returned punts for us last year - it was just kicks according to pfr. Had a horror leg injury mid season but I think was expected back week 5-6ish. Should also give an in game 3rd rb option in case dillon or Jones take a knock. 

3 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

Yeah, one guy has better athletes than the other. If MLF had the talent that Barry has we'd be looking like second half Dolphins against Baltimore. 

If only MLF had the back to back reigning MVP. Or a multi time all pro playing alongside one of the best linemen in the game and mtuliple other decent players there. Or arguably the best RB combo in the league. Or a capable set of pass catchers.

Oh wait. He does. Which is why he was able to call such a good game for those first two possessions. 

Then Bowles figured him out, and as much as I love MLF, he again had no plan b of any sort. 

Thankfully, Barry and the defense bailed us out with an incredible display (along with Bisaccia and the special teams doing well). 

28 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t believe so but would be hard to argue Tipa wasn’t thrown into the punter. Would have slammed the door after we picked the ball up around the TB 35

Murda Mason kicking a 52 yard FG to seal it would’ve been much less stressful than how it turned out lol.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

If only MLF had the back to back reigning MVP. Or a multi time all pro playing alongside one of the best linemen in the game and mtuliple other decent players there. Or arguably the best RB combo in the league. Or a capable set of pass catchers.

Oh wait. He does. Which is why he was able to call such a good game for those first two possessions. 

Then Bowles figured him out, and as much as I love MLF, he again had no plan b of any sort. 

Thankfully, Barry and the defense bailed us out with an incredible display (along with Bisaccia and the special teams doing well). 

Again, what is the plan b? Ask a gassed Lazard, Cobb, Winfree, and a gassed Doubs to become Tyreek hill and Jaylen Waddle? Cause that's not actually a plan. Not dissing our offense just saying the quote unquote answer was a dude with a little speed, and we literally did not have that. 

Edited by oldmansmell

7 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

Again, what is the plan b? Ask a gassed Lazard, Cobb, Winfree, and a gassed Doubs to become Tyreek hill and Jaylen Waddle? Cause that's not actually a plan. 

You seem to think the only way to win in the nfl is through sheer speed? 

You find ways to catch the defense out and hit them with things they don't expect. That's what MLFs entire system is predicated on, and what we managed to do in the first half. Then we flopped horrendously at it in the second by trying the exact same thing over and over and over and giving the ball right back to them every single time because Bowles and every single player in their defense knew what was coming long before the ball was snapped.

We played weak and afraid on offense, while Joe Barry got the lads on the defense to keep digging deeper and deeper into the tank no matter how gassed they were after so many tiny breaks to rest, which is the reason we won this game.

Edited by Billy86

12 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

You seem to think the only way to win in the nfl is through sheer speed? 

You find ways to catch the defense out and hit them with things they don't expect. That's what MLFs entire system is predicated on, and what we managed to do in the first half. Then we flopped horrendously at it in the second by trying the exact same thing over and over and over and giving the ball right back to them every single time because Bowles and every single player in their defense knew what was coming long before the ball was snapped.

We played weak and afraid on offense, while Joe Barry got the lads on the defense to keep digging deeper and deeper into the tank no matter how gassed they were after so many tiny breaks to rest, which is the reason we won this game.

I think the way to beat a team focusing on the flats/run game/anything short is to make them back up, which requires speed. Of course they knew what was coming, because our personnel was so limiting. 

Edited by oldmansmell

36 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

Again, what is the plan b? Ask a gassed Lazard, Cobb, Winfree, and a gassed Doubs to become Tyreek hill and Jaylen Waddle? Cause that's not actually a plan. Not dissing our offense just saying the quote unquote answer was a dude with a little speed, and we literally did not have that. 

Gassed from what?  They were on the sideline watching for most of the 2nd half lol. Those 3 and outs are tiring!

Edited by thrILL!

53 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

How confident are you (and why, with examples) are you sure the change in our offense was because of the play calling and not the execution after the first two drives?

I bet if you go back and re-watch it, you're going to see some missed opportunities from Rodgers after the first three drives that he didn't miss on the drives that worked.

9 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Gassed from what?  They were on the sideline watching for most of the 2nd half lol. Those 3 and outs are tiring!

I mean both got a ton of snaps in the first half. I really feel like every one is waiting to watch it back, and say oh we were more lucky than good in the first half. 

56 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Kylin Hill, though I was mistaken that he returned punts for us last year - it was just kicks according to pfr. Had a horror leg injury mid season but I think was expected back week 5-6ish. Should also give an in game 3rd rb option in case dillon or Jones take a knock. 

Oh duh forgot about him.  My bad.  He hasn't been on my radar.  Yes be nice to get him back into the fold.  Explosive at least he was before the acl.  Should be decent at returning kicks.  One thing I liked in this game is we didn't return any of them.  Take the ball on the 25.  Rarely do they ever get past the 25 anyway.  Returning kicks can also lead to penalties and/or turnovers.  

He would make a nice #3 back.  Better than Taylor or Goodson.  He's been out for quite awhile not sure if and when he's ready to go they will use him.  Kid got very limited playing time before the injury last year.