Week 3: Packers @ Tampa Bay Bucs - PG: Packers WIN 14-12, Move to 2-1!

FAH1223

Just now, KFP7 said:

Similar to playoff game against the niners, except special teams was adequate.  The bogus hitting the kicker call was a huge swing.

Unless you are holding that penalty against them, the ST was much better than adequate.  The punting and punt coverage was huge today.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Unless you are holding that penalty against them, the ST was much better than adequate.  The punting and punt coverage was huge today.

fair, ST was good.  The only thing bad that jumped out at me was when Amari called a fair catch on the 10 when no Buc was within 15 yards of him

edit - no muffs or fumbles though so we'll take it

Edited by KFP7

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Agree special teams were solid.  Coverage was excellent. Only knock was on Amari for fair catching that last punt.  Return game still not up to snuff.  Huge improvement from last year. 

I swear if I hear MLF say "All gas, no brakes" one more time I'll throw up.   He makes McCarthy look aggressive as soon as we get a lead.

The 2nd half offense was all about putting it on the defense and not trying to score.   His plan was the only thing keeping TB in the game.

There's going to be a lot of worry about the offense in the second half, but the basic thing is that the Bucs were able to stop the Packers from getting big plays but the Packers were regularly in 3rd and reasonable (like 3-5) and they missed a lot of those in a row.  There's not anything systematic about it, your goal on offense for 1st and 2nd down is basically "get a first down or make your third down try reasonable" and they were doing that, there was just a bunch of plays they left on the field.

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have decided to turn a blind eye to anything Amari does.  The team is fully aware of what he is, and they choose to stay with him.  Having Amari returning punts is a team failure more than an Amari failure.

I'm not convinced the conservative Packers coaching staff didn't tell him to fair catch it.