Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

There is not one true way to build a team or to find a QB. The best bet is to draft one in the 1st round. That's the most proven thing.

If you wait to draft a QB and only do it when you have the team to win, you will likely just end up drafting a Tannehill, Hurts, Dak or Cousins.  Meaning you drafting a QB to be just a piece of the puzzle. 
"But King, didn't you watch the Super Bowl and see Hurts? How can you call him a piece?"  Calling him a piece doesn't mean he isn't a good player. He had a great season, and he has improved a lot from where he started. See where he goes.  But I personally don't think he would be the same QB in say, Denver, Houston or New Orleans. 

As much as people use the Burrow example of how to build a team, you also have to have the generational QB to execute that plan. Throwing a low quality QB behind a terrible OL can ruin him.  But if you have the right QB it will not. 

I will not pass up on a QB I love thinking "I love him, but we don't have the team to support him."  

Whenever you see the window to get a QB you believe in and you don't have one, you jump through that window and get him. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Don’t believe the hype this an agent doing his job, remember last yr there was talk that Willis was 1 of the best QB’s in the draft & was going 1st round 🥱

Main difference is people can point to multiple examples of him flashing things to believe in opposed to just liking the traits of Malik. 

Him and Malik are not the same honestly in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Don’t believe the hype this an agent doing his job, remember last yr there was talk that Willis was 1 of the best QB’s in the draft & was going 1st round 🥱

Not necessarily believing the hype, but I do believe the hype could possibly work to our advantage. Another qb sliding up means another player that's maybe a non qb that falls to us that we like.

As much as I would love a qb, I want nothing more than for us to instill the pieces in this draft to absolutely turn around our o line for years to come. Yes, if we know anything now, its that you need a great qb, but we also have learned that a great qb is only as good as his line(Rams downfall this year, Chiefs losing to the Bucs, Both KC and the Eagles having amazing lines).

HEAL THE LINE!

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Not necessarily believing the hype, but I do believe the hype could possibly work to our advantage. Another qb sliding up means another player that's maybe a non qb that falls to us that we like.

I'm hoping and praying that 4 of the top 10 picks are QBs.  That makes it way more likely Paris Johnson is there at 11.

Carter and Anderson are definitely going.  Almost certainly another couple Edges.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

As much as I would love a qb, I want nothing more than for us to instill the pieces in this draft to absolutely turn around our o line for years to come. Yes, if we know anything now, its that you need a great qb, but we also have learned that a great qb is only as good as his line(Rams downfall this year, Chiefs losing to the Bucs, Both KC and the Eagles having amazing lines).

HEAL THE LINE!

I'm seeing that you can heal the line deeper in the draft combined with FA.  I don't think it would be wise to have say, 3 rookies on the OL. If we think towards the future that would be hard to finance also. 

We know whoever we put at LT will be an improvement from last year. lol  But there are some real good guys to get in the 2nd round if we say QB is the top pick. 
I think more of the WRs will slide because they aren't just knock out great.  And if you don't get a WR, there are good TE's that can be had that can equally improve the passing game too.

Dip into FA and get some "B" level players that fit at WR. 

I don't think we are going to jump from bottom O-Line to BEST in the game. But we can find good picks later if we draft well. 

I like our chances of being able to find a franchise LT later than find our Franchise QB later.  So if we find a good stop gap this year and then go for the big gun next year. I think that's cool, IF. BIG IF. They like a QB this year. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Taking a break from QB talk.

This dude....
We didn't get Donald. I think we should get him. I don't care his size. You find a spot to play him on the line. 

I’ve said it a million times 

I will never ever complain about spending early round draft picks on DL/edge

you simply cannot have too many

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It’s cliche but games are won in the trenches. The Super Bowl participants showed that.

And as awesome as Shanahan is

SF is a perennial threat because they can always establish pass rush. They ALWAYS get after it. (They also stockpile talent)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

And as awesome as Shanahan is

SF is a perennial threat because they can always establish pass rush. They ALWAYS get after it. (They also stockpile talent)

Yup, it was why I was all aboard the Travon Walker to the Titans train before he blew up after the combine and got overdrafted.

It’s the only equalizer to the elite QBs in the league besides having another elite QB.