NFLPA investigating handling of Dolphins QB Tagovailoa’s concussion check

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t think people know what the term cover up means. That’s like bribing and intimidating witnesses. Destroying evidence. Coordinating testimony. It’s not just anytime you don’t see the punishment you’d like.

I really don't think you of all people should be questioning people's understanding of concepts after your comments on the first few pages on this thread.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

...can you say for certain these are non-medical personnel? Because I know four members who ARE medical personnel, disagreeing with you in this thread.

You were not present at the game, in the tent, giving him his cognitive tests. An actual Medical professional (to my knowledge)? All you are doing is speculating and assuming based off the shock value of the actual video.

ET , all you had to do is quote the entire post to get your answer?

People saying this is a "scapegoat" situation are pretty off-base, though. The NFLPA used its authority to terminate the UNC after it interviewed both the UNC and the team's doctor. Not the NFL or the Dolphins. I'm not seeing what the NFLPA has to gain for creating a "scapegoat" for the NFL or the Miami Dolphins. This basically confirms the UNC was the main entity responsible for Tua being able to return on Sunday - the only question remaining is whether it was negligence or bribery.

That said, I do not believe the NFLPA is done with its investigation. We'll likely hear more from this in the coming days  - and if and what protocol changes the NFL will be strongarmed into adopting

Every single doctor needs to be fired and Mike McDaniels should be suspended. Sure he can say he is only doing what doctors said but whatbis worse is he is still defending the doctors diagnosis and actions when it was clearly wrong. He needs to stand up for his player who could have had life altering consequences... not for the freaking doctors that allowed him to play with a concussion.

Its an on going investigation where the no go rule was clearly ignored and he should have to be punished over that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Makes sense, as this would be the person who was ultimately responsible for determining whether he had a concussion and if he could come back.

Would still appreciate a name and what "mistakes" were made, precisely.

So aren't the Dolphins doctors wrong for not correcting the independent guy and taking care of their QB? And isn't Mcdaniel the final say on who goes on the field?

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

ET , all you had to do is quote the entire post to get your answer?

Doesn't really change the statement - there are people in this thread who have enough tangible experience in this sort of situation to make an educated statement given the variables we all witnessed.

And you're choosing to disagree with 'em.

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t think people know what the term cover up means.

I don't think you know many things to begin with... but here you are, talking about things you don't know about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

People saying this is a "scapegoat" situation are pretty off-base, though. The NFLPA used its authority to terminate the UNC after it interviewed both the UNC and the team's doctor. Not the NFL or the Dolphins. I'm not seeing what the NFLPA has to gain for creating a "scapegoat" for the NFL or the Miami Dolphins. This basically confirms the UNC was the main entity responsible for Tua being able to return on Sunday - the only question remaining is whether it was negligence or bribery.

That said, I do not believe the NFLPA is done with its investigation. We'll likely hear more from this in the coming days  - and if and what protocol changes the NFL will be strongarmed into adopting

Once you see the NFLPA is an arm of the NFL itself and plays a role of controlled opposition--look at the weak leadership by DeMaurice Smith and how the players always get screwed--then you'll have the answers to your questions IMO. My guess is this was all decided behind closed doors and a fall guy was agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA. 

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

hospitals arent prisons my guy. You can leave under your own power whenever you damn well please. What they do is confirm that you know, or if you are unable to your proxy (wife, legal rep, etc), that leaving would be Against Medical Advice (AMA). They mark it down as AMA absolving the hospital of any and all liability. 

According to my friends daughter (take it for what you will, but she works a floor above where he was) the doctors didn't think he should leave.  Even if he checked himself out, who in their right mind puts him on a plane when his body possibly can't regulate his body's ability to adjust to the extreme pressure changes?

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

hospitals arent prisons my guy. You can leave under your own power whenever you damn well please. What they do is confirm that you know, or if you are unable to your proxy (wife, legal rep, etc), that leaving would be Against Medical Advice (AMA). They mark it down as AMA absolving the hospital of any and all liability. 

Kris Dielman suffered a concussion in a game, was flying back with the team, and the plane had to do an emergency landing because the guy had a seizure. 

Just because someone leaves a hospital doesn’t mean they’re fine.