Week 5 GDT: Chargers vs Browns

MWil23

Who Wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• The Browns, obviously
    • The Chargers, obviously...what are you, crazy?
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • Everyone loses because Mike steals everyone's souls

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Can’t miss 2 FG.

Can’t throw an INT in the endzone down 2 with the game on the line.

Can’t give up 200+ on the ground vs a team averaging 65 yards a game.

Pretty simple.

If anything I’m ready to give Stefanski a major extension after today. Dude coached an offensive gem.

Whoa slow down here.  Most want him fired around here 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Can’t miss 2 FG.

Pretty simple.

If anything I’m ready to give Stefanski a major extension after today. Dude coached an offensive gem.

Make him OC then. He’s suppose to be coach of the whole team. Not just offense. 

• Like 1

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Make him OC then. He’s suppose to be coach of the whole team. Not just offense. 

The FO is responsible to fire coordinators. The same FO that thought it viable to ignore linebackers and defensive tackles.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Can’t miss 2 FG.

This was the game right here 

I’m not even mad about our run defense because we slowed down their passing game. They were the number 1 passing offense in the league. They were gonna get yards one way or another. 

That pick was just ahhhh 

i get why we called a pass but you have to remind Jacoby you can’t throw the pick

take a sack or whatever grrrruuughhhh

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Can’t miss 2 FG.

Pretty simple.

Agreed. Tho some red zone playing needs to change. Also some personal (Schwartz even being allowed on the roster.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

This was the game right here 

I’m not even mad about our run defense because we slowed down their passing game. They were the number 1 passing offense in the league. They were gonna get yards one way or another. 

That pick was just ahhhh 

i get why we called a pass but you have to remind Jacoby you can’t throw the pick

take a sack or whatever grrrruuughhhh

If JB runs it there he scores. This is also why he’s a backup quarterback. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

If JB runs it there he scores. This is also why he’s a backup quarterback. 

I think he thought he would get tackled before he got the first. It was 7 yards and the dude who caught the pick would’ve tackled him. If the dude DPJ was blocking gets off the block he could’ve tackled Jacoby too. I get why he didn’t run. It wasn’t super clear. He would’ve had to dive or something. 

but you cannnot throw a pick man damn

Next offseason when I complain for the 1000th season in a row that we aren’t addressing LBs and DTs and everyone is telling me I’m an idiot because those positions are easily replaceable just remember games like this.  Because unless you’re the Steelers or ravens those positions are not easily replaceable and should be valued. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Next offseason when I complain for the 1000th season in a row that we aren’t addressing LBs and DTs and everyone is telling me I’m an idiot because those positions are easily replaceable just remember games like this.  Because unless you’re the Steelers or ravens those positions are not easily replaceable and should be valued. 

They can draft mid round scrubs when they prove they can hit on capable talent.  Until then start investing some picks and cash.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They can draft mid round scrubs when they prove they can hit on capable talent.  Until then start investing some picks and cash.

We should have been investing top 2 round picks at LB and DT for years. It doesn’t matter how good your DEs are or how good your DBs are if you have zero resistance at DT and LBs who can’t make a play. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We should have been investing top 2 round picks at LB and DT for years. It doesn’t matter how good your DEs are or how good your DBs are if you have zero resistance at DT and LBs who can’t make a play. 

I don’t disagree, but they’ve invested a bit at both.  Maybe not enough, but I can’t help but think scheme is a huge issue here too.