Week 6: NY Jets @ Packers - GB falls to 3-3. First 2-game losing streak under LaFleur!

FAH1223

54 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

MLF doesnt lose 2 regular season games in a row.

Everything is fine and a nice normal noon game with a motivated packers squad.

Packers win 41-9

FIFY, if you don't clarify regular season some petty individual may come along and make much ado about nothing. 

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I mean, yeah.

I just can’t fathom it.

I don’t actually watch anything but the live broadcast, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Savage is perfectly fine (except for some questionable angles and tackle attempts) this year. Like, I would not be a bit shocked if he’s sitting back in a deep zone every play.

From now on, I'd prefer it if we all referred to him as "Salvage".

Hey gents, nice to see an active game day thread from the opposition.  Figured I'd drop some Jets knowledge in here for you guys.

The Good:  The Jets have a really good set of CBs that can go toe to toe with anyone (Sauce/Reed and even Carter II in the slot).  They are pretty solid up front in terms of rushing 4 and getting pressure (Lawson, Huff, JFM, Q have all been great) and they rarely blitz.  Offensively they have excellent weapons on all three levels (WR, RB, TE).  We are finding an identity and are really starting to run the ball effectively and utilizing PA.  Our two headed backfield isn't quite yours yet but it's getting there.  Both Hall and Carter can run and catch so it makes them hard to defend.  Hall is slowing starting to become the bell cow and for obvious reasons, he's special.  Crazy as it sounds but we are #6 in the NFL in big plays as well so the threat of the run is giving these weapons space to operate in the intermediate zone.  Wilson has be playing well also making the right reads and protecting the football.  His legs have been a great addition to the offense after seeing statute Joe for 3 games.  If you give him time to throw he's at his best and can pick you apart.  Lastly we are #1 in the NFL in 4th quarter points so we have finished games well.

The Bad:  We still struggle against the run to some degree which is the biggest concern going into this game given Jones' talent.  He has the ability to make this a long day for the Jets D.  As good as the CBs are Rodgers is still great if given time and I expect some S help in the box from Whitehead leaving Rodgers options out wide 1v1.  Our LBs struggle in coverage so utilizing the TE is a good idea.  Offensively Zack as good as he is with a clean pocket is the total opposite with pressure.  Not surprising given he's still learning the position so the obvious thing is to bring pressure on him.  Our OL has been in shambles for the past two weeks with our RG moving to LT and then RT which surprising he's handled well but they are still learning to play together.  As good as we are in the 4th quarter we are the opposite in the 3rd.  If the game is close at half it would be ideal to capitalize on our 3rd quarter issues.  Lastly our 3rd down and RDZ D have been below average.  I think there will be regression to the mean based on the stats I've seen but right now we're just not having the ball bounce our way in those key areas. 

Keys to the game:  For the Jets they need to stop the run and pressure Rodgers with 4 rushers.  The GB defense is vulnerable honestly both passing and running IMO despite the low yardage given up through the air.  They have given up 100+ passer rating on the year to some really subpar QBs which doesn't seem to match up with the low yardage totals.  Could be because the run defense has struggled and teams are throwing less but I'm not sure.  Given our identity is run first that will be key to keep the Jets in 3rd and longs.

For GB they need to run the ball and move the chains so the D stays fresh to rush the QB.  You need to keep scoring TDs on our poor RDZ defense when you get there and get up early to force us out of our run first game plan.  On defense like I said keep the Jets run attack down and force third and longs and we struggle to sustain drives.  If you pressure Zack you might get burned a few times with his legs but he is one of the worst QBs when facing pressure so that is huge in going towards stopping him.

These aren't the same old Jets, there is youthful talent all over the field and they play hard to the end as seen by our two big 4th quarter comeback early on this year.  Should be a fun game between a HOF QB and a young gun slinger finding his way who is often compared to Rodgers in certain aspects.  Good luck and here's to an injury free game.  Hope the insights into the Jets helped. 

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

@Rockice_8 thanks for the insightful post. 

I got good news for you.  Although it sounds like your D weakness in the run game matches our O strength.  Our idiot braintrust will abandon the run to appease 12 and 3-and-out a few times per game.  

I don't think Matt wants to lose to little brother so maybe he'll play it smart this game.