GB offense issues

squire12

We have a QB problem.

These are the passing plays from the first quarter of the Giants game:

Throw #1: We start off with a dirt ball that lands 4 yards in front of Cobb on a short out route:

9MJ1m6M.jpg

Throw #2: This eventually goes to Cobb, but only after it becomes a scramble drill. How this ball isn't going to Cobb at this exact second is a mystery to me. Lazard is also a fine choice on the in route. 

Texe7cL.jpg

Throw #3: I know what you're thinking, he's starring right at TWO targets who are wide open for a TD. What possible issue could you have with this play, it was obviously a TD. Well you would be incorrect, this ball ended up being thrown away in the vague direction of Tyler Davis on the opposite side of the field, because scoring Touchdowns is apparently lame.

YiBoV2e.jpg

Throw #4: Hot route to Jones. It takes an incredible play from Jones to even get a hand on this screw ball. 

qsjC8g1.jpg

Throw #5: Playaction rollout to Tyler Davis that ended up losing 3 yards. 

Throw #6: So after losing 3 yards, it's now 2nd and 13. So of course the obvious play to make here is to stare down Randall Cobb on a 3 yard outroute on the other side of the field. Literally EVERY OTHER TARGET IS A BETTER DECISION HERE!!!!!

1nqvhKJ.jpg

Throw #7: A WR screen to Romeo Doubs that Jake Hanson ****ed the blocking up on and ended up losing 3 yards. 

Throw #8: An actual good decision. Thank Christ!!!

iEQlqxy.jpg

Too bad the ball was so far behind Doubs he had to contort to get it, and consequently didn't get a scrap of YAC on what should have gotten him easily another 10 yards.

68yZpbH.jpg

Throw #9: Got bailed out on an underthrown deep ball to Tonyan that ended up being called DPI.

Throw #10: Missed Randall Cobb by 5 yards on a goal line corner ball. 

vPQQd4F.jpg

Throw #11: Got the TD on a WR flare screen because Romeo Doubs has a really nice block and the Giants misaligned.

EoOhI7F.jpg

jST6Lqe.jpg

We have a QB problem. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I didn't put that much work into the previous post for it to get ignored

All Rodgers slander is filtered out for some posters. But all seriousness even without 22 cuts,  during the game live. you can see how often he is missing wide open Receivers. The Aaron Jones and Amari Rodgers sideline passes this year are inexcusable. The Tonyan play that almost went for a pick 6.  Three passes Last week at the feet of our WRs. 

1 minute ago, GHARMON9 said:

All Rodgers slander is filtered out for some posters. But all seriousness even without 22 cuts,  during the game live. you can see how often he is missing wide open Receivers. The Aaron Jones and Amari Rodgers sideline passes this year are inexcusable. The Tonyan play that almost went for a pick 6.  Three passes Last week at the feet of our WRs. 

Don't forget the six dropped passes. I could add more. no point. 8ers gonna 8.

--- You official Rodgers defense Squad

• Like 1

Just now, JaireAlex said:

Don't forget the six dropped passes. I could add more. no point. 8ers gonna 8.

--- You official Rodgers defense Squad

Three of those drops were strictly because of Rodgers terrible ball placement. 

Rodgers isn't doing his WRs any favors. 

Doubs and Dillion have been bad ill admit that. But yall aren't giving at all to the idea that Rodgers is the main/ a big part of the problem. 

15 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Three of those drops were strictly because of Rodgers terrible ball placement. 

Rodgers isn't doing his WRs any favors. 

Doubs and Dillion have been bad ill admit that. But yall aren't giving at all to the idea that Rodgers is the main/ a big part of the problem. 

No 

I agree. He's part of the problem but no no no. He is not the main problem. They knew this line was in trouble this year, and failed to address that in the draft or offseason. It's the worst line I ever seen in GB; every single former member of the Oline room has voiced agreement on Twitter; Wahle has all the receipts; it ain't as plain as the sun, but close.

So, sorry. I give Rodgers a pass: he's starting to see the rush now, and he gets about nine passes this season before I concede fault. If they actually make a move to shore up this line and get some WR help, then I'll be open to conceding a flaw or two.

maybe.

Cordially,

Rodgers Defense Squad

12 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

No 

I agree. He's part of the problem but no no no. He is not the main problem. They knew this line was in trouble this year, and failed to address that in the draft or offseason. It's the worst line I ever seen in GB; every single former member of the Oline room has voiced agreement on Twitter; Wahle has all the receipts; it ain't as plain as the sun, but close.

So, sorry. I give Rodgers a pass: he's starting to see the rush now, and he gets about nine passes this season before I concede fault. If they actually make a move to shore up this line and get some WR help, then I'll be open to conceding a flaw or two.

maybe.

Cordially,

Rodgers Defense Squad

You would be stunned to know how much that line would change if Rodgers would hit open guys streaking down the field.

Or if he would tuck it and run for a first down once in a while.

Stunts would stop.  As would blitzes.  Morale would improve.

But...the beatings will continue until morale improves.  That is where we are at right now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You would be stunned to know how much that line would change if Rodgers would hit open guys streaking down the field.

Or if he would tuck it and run for a first down once in a while.

Stunts would stop.  As would blitzes.  Morale would improve.

But...the beatings will continue until morale improves.  That is where we are at right now.

I don't know. I kinda see it as 1) first, and foremost, the FO failed to get the line and WR filled for years. full stop. the buck stops there. and we absolutely aren't even talking about this at all. the end. 2) I agree with AR (with all the injuries, new faces, rotating rooms, inexperience as well) everyone is making mistakes including AR, sometimes just one man, sometimes him 3) This Defense was supposed to be GOAT; it is 32nd in DVOA against the run. You put ALL your (blue)chips on that side of the ball. the end. 4) AR is seeing the rush now; I've never seen him get it out so fast (to help the OL as well) and he's blinking. I'm just not gonna blame him. If he completely falls apart this season, not even gonna go there. He's given us too much, so let me be a fan;  the FO has given him too little, too late (unlike other aging GOATs -- and he's better than they were at his age) and the FO is THE reason (as well as coaching), he doesn't have more rings: he did his part. I have no regrets, enjoyed his play, don't see the faults others do.

I'm also a member now of the AR-Can-Do-No-Wrong-For-the-Rest-of-His-Life Club and the head of the inner circle thereof: the Tom-Brady-Needs-To-Get-On-His-Knees-and-Beg-AR-Forgiveness-for-So-Many-Rings-He-Didn't-Deserve Club.

• Like 1

I don't think Rodgers it the main problem, some people are giving him crap for "bad throws" short/medium that are literally the only place they can be put to be completed but he certainly is part of the struggle. Lots of sites have us second in the NFL in drops this season. On PFR we had the least number of drops in the NFL all last season with 15. They have us tracked at 17 already this year. Same site has us top 5 in the NFL in bad throw % and best in the league in on-target percentage. To be fair, we're also dead last in air yards per completion. On top of that, we've been a far more penalized team this season, and the blocking has been an issue.

To me this feels like the year Jordy was injured when anytime the ball was thrown remotely deep you knew there was no chance at it being completed. 90% of the deep throws are terrible, and when they aren't our guys never make a play. Rodgers is in a really bad, sloppy situation but he's not playing to the standard he needs to be either. 

22 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

quote = all the good stuff from AG20 

Now imagine you are a rookie, or just someone still on a first contract.  This guy on your roster is making more money per year than you will in your whole career.  He doesn't show up for training camp.  He calls you out in the post-game presser for dropping balls while very subtly saying 'I gotta be better too, but those guys are dropping everything right now'.  Never able to just say that he needs to do better.  Then you go back and watch film and this is what you see.  Drops or not, his expectation for everyone else to be perfect when your post shows multiple missed touchdowns and some throws that a high school QB needs to make from him in just a single quarter of football. 

I don't know how Rodgers hasn't been beaten to a pulp in the locker room.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I didn't put that much work into the previous post for it to get ignored

Yeah those really don’t make him look good. Makes it seem like one of 2 possibilities. 1. Poor vision, 2. He knows who he’s going to before the play starts and the only way he doesn’t is if something that happens during the play makes it impossible, he improvises and something good happens. 

23 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We have a QB problem.

These are the passing plays from the first quarter of the Giants game:

Throw #1: We start off with a dirt ball that lands 4 yards in front of Cobb on a short out route:

9MJ1m6M.jpg

Throw #2: This eventually goes to Cobb, but only after it becomes a scramble drill. How this ball isn't going to Cobb at this exact second is a mystery to me. Lazard is also a fine choice on the in route. 

Texe7cL.jpg

Throw #3: I know what you're thinking, he's starring right at TWO targets who are wide open for a TD. What possible issue could you have with this play, it was obviously a TD. Well you would be incorrect, this ball ended up being thrown away in the vague direction of Tyler Davis on the opposite side of the field, because scoring Touchdowns is apparently lame.

YiBoV2e.jpg

Throw #4: Hot route to Jones. It takes an incredible play from Jones to even get a hand on this screw ball. 

qsjC8g1.jpg

Throw #5: Playaction rollout to Tyler Davis that ended up losing 3 yards. 

Throw #6: So after losing 3 yards, it's now 2nd and 13. So of course the obvious play to make here is to stare down Randall Cobb on a 3 yard outroute on the other side of the field. Literally EVERY OTHER TARGET IS A BETTER DECISION HERE!!!!!

1nqvhKJ.jpg

Throw #7: A WR screen to Romeo Doubs that Jake Hanson ****ed the blocking up on and ended up losing 3 yards. 

Throw #8: An actual good decision. Thank Christ!!!

iEQlqxy.jpg

Too bad the ball was so far behind Doubs he had to contort to get it, and consequently didn't get a scrap of YAC on what should have gotten him easily another 10 yards.

68yZpbH.jpg

Throw #9: Got bailed out on an underthrown deep ball to Tonyan that ended up being called DPI.

Throw #10: Missed Randall Cobb by 5 yards on a goal line corner ball. 

vPQQd4F.jpg

Throw #11: Got the TD on a WR flare screen because Romeo Doubs has a really nice block and the Giants misaligned.

EoOhI7F.jpg

jST6Lqe.jpg

We have a QB problem. 

If this was also true in the Jets and Commander's game, it time for Love to get some snaps.  I don't care if they are paying Rodgers $50 million per year.  Love can't do much worse than this.