GB offense issues

squire12

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rodgers said himself that it's time for the players who continue making mental mistakes to have their reps cut.

I agree. In the 49er playoff game last year, at the end, Rodgers forced a throw to Adams who was double covered. Meanwhile, Lazard was open for a first down, and St. Brown was running down the left sideline for a TD. He just doesn't see the field anymore. Something's wrong. 

3 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

1) first, and foremost, the FO failed to get the line and WR filled for years. full stop. the buck stops there. and we absolutely aren't even talking about this at all. the end.

Excluding players they would have needed to trade up for, how many legitimate starting WRs did they pass over? In 2021, they chose Eric Stokes over Elijah Moore (59 career receptions), Rondale Moore (71 career receptions), D'Wayne Eskridge (69 receptions), Tutu Atwel (9 career receptions), and Terrence Marshall (23 career receptions).  Over Josh Myers, they chose him over Josh Palmer (59 career receptions), Dyami Brown (15 career receptions), Nico Collins (51 receptions), and Anthony Schwartz (11 career receptions).  I guess you could make an argument for Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman over Jordan Love. 

Rodgers should sit until the thumb heals.  Right now, it looks to me like he can’t make the throws.

He won’t sit though because of the legend of the Favre, and his success playing with a bad thumb.

Rodgers right now reminds me of the end of Bart Starr’s career when he had shoulder issues and couldn’t throw downfield and as a result the offense was bad.

Fortunately, unlike Starr’s shoulder, Rodgers’ thumb will heal.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Excluding players they would have needed to trade up for, how many legitimate starting WRs did they pass over? In 2021, they chose Eric Stokes over Elijah Moore (59 career receptions), Rondale Moore (71 career receptions), D'Wayne Eskridge (69 receptions), Tutu Atwel (9 career receptions), and Terrence Marshall (23 career receptions).  Over Josh Myers, they chose him over Josh Palmer (59 career receptions), Dyami Brown (15 career receptions), Nico Collins (51 receptions), and Anthony Schwartz (11 career receptions).  I guess you could make an argument for Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman over Jordan Love. 

Why draft a WR in a weak class?

Yeah, 2019 and 2020 were classes to take a WR. I mentioned it elsewhere, but you had Higgins, Pittman, move down Claymore. McClaurin, Brown and others in 2019: McClaurin being the really obvious one, but I didn't get the move up for Savage (while I liked him); there were other safeties in that class. Two fours in that class were valuable.

33 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Yeah, 2019 and 2020 were classes to take a WR. I mentioned it elsewhere, but you had Higgins, Pittman, move down Claymore. McClaurin, Brown and others in 2019: McClaurin being the really obvious one, but I didn't get the move up for Savage (while I liked him); there were other safeties in that class. Two fours in that class were valuable.

yet you like Harry, Butler.  Didn't like Metcalf.   just really interesting hindsight

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

yet you like Harry, Butler.  Didn't like Metcalf.   just really interesting hindsight

wow. interesting post draft clips there. I've pretty much gotten on board with all the draft classes, post draft. I'm a trying to remember who I really wanted with those two first picks, and pretty sure it's not what we picked. Gary was not even on my radar pre-draft.

Nice try though.

14 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

wow. interesting post draft clips there. I've pretty much gotten on board with all the draft classes, post draft. I'm a trying to remember who I really wanted with those two first picks, and pretty sure it's not what we picked. Gary was not even on my radar pre-draft.

Nice try though.

you seemed quite happy then, but bitching about them now. that is what hindsight is. 

so again, maybe put your money where your mouth is and state who you would have picked for the 2022 draft so we can have a record of what your genius would have done.   yet you won't.   Wonder why??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

you seemed quite happy then, but bitching about them now. that is what hindsight is. 

so again, maybe put your money where your mouth is and state who you would have picked for the 2022 draft so we can have a record of what your genius would have done.   yet you won't.   Wonder why??

Squire is town

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Excellent use of the of the power of hindsight.  You don't think 31 other teams aren't regretting passing on him?  Let me guess, you wouldn't complain about any other GMs neglecting the position, right?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Nice try though.

Those are you exact quotes.  And now you're suddenly saying they aren't true?  Just stop why you're behind and admit you're using the power of hindsight to justify your argument.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Nice try though.

What a joke... You loved the draft when it happened. 

To act like you didnt WITH THE POST STILL ONLINE IS CRAZY.

This level of narcissism is HE-LARRY-US .

JUST LOG OUT

• Like 2