GB offense issues

squire12

3 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

ah

so 

go back and read the whole post a couple times. If you read it, you're question IS answered, just not HOW you wanted. And there really is no point anyways because I could literally say WHATEVER i wanted as there is no record of what I wanted before the draft. Does that make sense? I addressed the "plan", the "thought process" or lack there of. I don't think you considered what I was saying. And it's probably on a different thread.

I was happily having some conversation with others that was informative and meaningful and pleasant. Sorry, I just didn't know this was NOT the place for that. I forgot how hostile this place was: not a forum for discussion anymore. That book was closed years ago.

Anyways,

Cordial regards and farewell

I read it.   you said that GB lost 4 starting OL from the 2021 team

being   sneaky.

But in  seriousness, without looking back at the class myself, and not knowing that they really did mean to slide by the seat of their pants at RT, they needed to target a day one starting tackle. Set aside at a minimum your second two and grab someone like Abraham Lucas and work your way up to your number one overall to spot and to a pick you like. You know you need a starter on the line (two actually), you lost four OL who started last year, you have an extra one and two, you want to run the ball more, and you've needed a right tackle since Bulaga left and haven't considered replacing or bringing back Turner

which 4 starting OL did GB lose from the 2021 season again??

you didn't like the Walker pick but never offer up an alternate pick.   simply name a player that GB could have picked or that you would have picked as the internet GM....its not that hard....hindsight is your specialty 

You can't draft an ilb with your first pick, without even having a guy to start on OL. This draft really made no sense. If you absolutely have to have Watson for your future, use a one or move it back. But you just can't start a season not knowing who will replace Turner. In truth, Gute has never begun a season this badly before as far as starting roster. But the deeper issue is that they haven't replaced premium spots on the offense for it seems like decades now.

24 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

ah

so 

go back and read the whole post a couple times. If you read it, you're question IS answered, just not HOW you wanted. And there really is no point anyways because I could literally say WHATEVER i wanted as there is no record of what I wanted before the draft. Does that make sense? I addressed the "plan", the "thought process" or lack there of. I don't think you considered what I was saying. And it's probably on a different thread.

I was happily having some conversation with others that was informative and meaningful and pleasant. Sorry, I just didn't know this was NOT the place for that. I forgot how hostile this place was: not a forum for discussion anymore. That book was closed years ago.

Anyways,

Cordial regards and farewell

Oh my god will you just leave already if you're actually going to. 

• Like 2

So assuming we are reading the tea leaves correctly, Rodgers is clamoring for Doubs to be benched/reduced, Amari to be benched, and possibly some of the OL?  Or do you think it was mostly about Doubs?

Seems to me Doubs is the most natural "scapegoat" but also it could be some issues with Watkins.

If Cobb is out, and if Watson is still out, I'm not sure how you can reduce Watkins' snaps, like at all.  And Lazard is also hurt.

I just don't see a real way out of this mess given the players and the injuries at hand.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

So assuming we are reading the tea leaves correctly, Rodgers is clamoring for Doubs to be benched/reduced, Amari to be benched, and possibly some of the OL?  Or do you think it was mostly about Doubs?

Seems to me Doubs is the most natural "scapegoat" but also it could be some issues with Watkins.

If Cobb is out, and if Watson is still out, I'm not sure how you can reduce Watkins' snaps, like at all.  And Lazard is also hurt.

I just don't see a real way out of this mess given the players and the injuries at hand.

100% on the coaching staff. From 4 or 5 mental mistakes to double digits every week ? Are you kidding me ? 

A quote from Belichick that I will never forget and have used in the business world and passed along to my daughter. "Don't tell me what someone can't do, tell me what they can do, and let's see if we can live with that."

Receivers running wrong routes and running into each other. OL whiffing and pulling the wrong way. Drops, fumbles, passes bouncing off of facemasks, penalties, special teams clown show. MLF must be using MM's massage therapist. If you can't teach, you can't coach. This isn't the 70's where guys had to sit for 3 years before producing. Coaching staffs across the league are having no problem getting their young players ready to contribute without looking like a team that shouldn't be wearing matching uniforms

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Don't forget the OL. Rodge always raves about how "we are a better offense when 69 is on the field"

Could be shade at Jenkins too.

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

100% on the coaching staff. From 4 or 5 mental mistakes to double digits every week ? Are you kidding me ? 

A quote from Belichick that I will never forget that I have used in the business world and passed along to my daughter. "Don't tell me what someone can't do, tell me what they can do, and let's see if we can live with that."

Receivers running wrong routes and running into each other. OL whiffing and pulling the wrong way. Drops, fumbles, passes bouncing off of facemasks, special teams clown show. MLF must be using MM's massage therapist. If you can't teach, you can't coach.

Yes, a disciplined team is a focused team.  There’s a lack of both discipline and focus right now, and that falls on the coaches.  Rookies are gonna rook, but coaches need to refocus the leaders and veterans, and the rooks will catch on.

We obviously don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors.  What’s visible is lack of accountability by some, and discord.  The result is very sloppy, undisciplined football.

I acknowledge that this turmoil is compounded by injuries at the receiver position, and key players on the o-line still not completely healthy.  But nearly every team goes through these types of vagaries every season, and successful coaches find a way through the turmoil and right the ship.  There’s still time - let’s see how this all plays out.