Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

How do you define true number one. Debo is twice the wr of any on our current roster. They also have one of the best TE's in the league to take pressure off debo and everyone else.

You are doing a severe disservice to Debo for thinking he is only twice the WR of anyone we currently have.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The only issue with the trade is CM3's health.  

The Niners really beat their running backs up.  There's ALWAYS an issue with the Niners RBs health.    If it works, good trade, but McCaffery is about the last guy I expect to stay healthy in that system.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Two of those appearances were prior to them changing philosophy and giving up all of their draft capital so that actually matters in the discussion. 

Ftr, in 2019, they did give up a second for Dee Ford, and a third and fourth for Manny Sanders at the deadline.

Not as much in overall comp as here, but they were certainly not afraid to go for it. 

Last year they just didn't have the money for it, but they did acquire omenihu at the deadline as well. It was really just the only move they could make

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So.  I'm going to tell on myself.

I don't really know what a DJ Moore is.  I looked up his career stats, how in the heck does he do this while a Panther???

55 for 788 2 TD as a rookie.

87 for 1175 4 TD's as a second year player.

66 for 1193 4 TD's as a third year player.

93 for 1157 4 TD's as a fourth year player.

20 for 204 and 1 TD so far this year.

Dude is 6 feet tall 210 pounds and I think he ran in the mid 4.4's on his 40.  Sub 7 on the 3 cone.

Anyone really know him and how he plays?  Because for the numbers it looks like Moore > Claypool.  And I just don't know anything about DJ Moore. 

What's more that they've had a different leading passer in each of his five seasons. He's easily one of the best wideouts in the NFL, I'd say he's top 10. Was really disappointed that Carolina locked him up. 

I'd say it's highly unlikely they trade him. They view him as a foundational piece who can shepherd in the QB they're taking with a top 3 pick. He'd cost a first and a second, even that might not get it done IMO. His high base salaries the next three seasons won't bother them with a QB on a rookie deal, too. 

• Like 1

If we aren't buyers or sellers before the deadline, Gute is a literal idiot.

We cannot win with Aaron's contract, Alexander's contract and Gary's contract plus middle of the road first round picks.

It would require a top 5 talent that's a hit on a top 5 contract plus Gary's cap hit on two high end role players.

We also need to dump Bakhtiari's contract.

He's never going to be the player we remember him as.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

For real?

No it was a joke right after the Aaron Jones TD catch.

We need to sell.

Aaron Rodgers now and just live with that or Rashan Gary.

This team is 5 years minimum from a Super Bowl win if we don’t make a serious move to acquire picks.

• Like 1