Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

Is there a level of play Rodger's could be at where the FO decides it's time to pull the plug and start the rebuild? I could argue that given his increasing cap hits coming over the next few years, the Packers decide it's time to swallow the cap pill and start the tanking.

That was supposed to be this last offseason when they could have also gotten value for him. Now no one will trade for that contract. But better late than never. That contract is -EV for the Packers as a whole. 

20 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Toney going for a 3rd means that's the bar for Elijah Moore, and the price for Claypool/others is a lot higher.

Still don't get why the jets would move elijah moore though.  They need to dump Corey Davis in the offseason, not Mooree

I don't think there's been any inclination that they intend to move Moore, other then the news report of Moore requesting a trade and the Jets stating they will not be granting that request. 

5 hours ago, Smidgeon said:

That was supposed to be this last offseason when they could have also gotten value for him. Now no one will trade for that contract. But better late than never. That contract is -EV for the Packers as a whole. 

Considering the Packers take a $40M dead cap hit if Rodgers is traded, I'd have to assume he'd be relatively cheap for the next team. He might still have value.