Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Bakhtiari on one knee is still better than most NFL LTs.  If Duane Brown can get an $11M/year deal at 37 years old as a substantially worse LT, Bakh with a cap hit of $7.4M is a bargain.

Sure, Bakhtiari is still very good, but who cares if he isn't playing? The knee is still clearly an unknown at best. 

47 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree, need a impact player from a staple position.  QB. LT, Impact DL.

I wouldn't rule out DL either.  You are right.

I just feel like our impact DL is Wyatt.  He hasn't gotten a lot of snaps, but I've noticed him when he's in there.  I think he's going to be a good one.  Him and Slaton for the future is a nice place to start.

But really...if we are drafting high, it's LT or EDGE for me all day long.  I'll fall in love with a WR or two in the draft, as usual, and that would be a mistake.  Even though I'd love it.

27 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Sure, Bakhtiari is still very good, but who cares if he isn't playing? The knee is still clearly an unknown at best. 

I look at it this way.  He's dealing with knee stuff, still.  We know that.

Also...his tape this year, while dealing with knee stuff, is really, really good.

Someone would want that and it's because his tape is that good and he's getting farther removed from that surgery.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I don't think it's very likely that any team will trade a day 2 pick for Bakhtiari even if GB eats the money. He's probably a candidate to get cut in the offseason, if anything. His knee is still an issue nearly two years removed from his injury. 

I'm assuming there is a good chance he retires.

Assuming he hasn't blown his money, he should be staggeringly rich.  You have to think playing on isn't great for his long-term health. Not sure it is worth it.

Teams normally have a good feel for whether a player is likely to be cut. If teams think that's the case, he isn't getting a good pick. 

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I wouldn't rule out DL either.  You are right.

I just feel like our impact DL is Wyatt.  He hasn't gotten a lot of snaps, but I've noticed him when he's in there.  I think he's going to be a good one.  Him and Slaton for the future is a nice place to start.

But really...if we are drafting high, it's LT or EDGE for me all day long.  I'll fall in love with a WR or two in the draft, as usual, and that would be a mistake.  Even though I'd love it.

I was pounding the table for Jermaine Johnson during the draft.  He hasn't really lit the league on fire though and thus far isn't much different than Kingsley Enagbare, so shows what I know. 

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I look at it this way.  He's dealing with knee stuff, still.  We know that.

Also...his tape this year, while dealing with knee stuff, is really, really good.

Someone would want that and it's because his tape is that good and he's getting farther removed from that surgery.

I don't disagree, some team might want to take that risk. I don't know that some team will want to trade a day 2 pick for that risk, though. 

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

I don't disagree, some team might want to take that risk. I don't know that some team will want to trade a day 2 pick for that risk, though. 

For an elite tackle?  I think a lot of teams would line up for that based on the tape that is out there right now.

And honestly, if we are not in a rebuild mode (which we should be), based on his play and his contract, he should be retained.  That's how good he has been when he's played.

Forget how competent Tom and Nijman have looked out there, they aren't on 69's level.  Yet.  And probably, ever.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For an elite tackle?  I think a lot of teams would line up for that based on the tape that is out there right now.

And honestly, if we are not in a rebuild mode (which we should be), based on his play and his contract, he should be retained.  That's how good he has been when he's played.

Forget how competent Tom and Nijman have looked out there, they aren't on 69's level.  Yet.  And probably, ever.

That was actually going to be my next question. If he's playing well, and the money doesn't matter (since you would need to eat it anyway in a trade), and you think the knee will hold up, then why trade him at all? He'd be Jordan Love's best friend (or whoever) moving forward.

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Then he better be elite. Look at how Waddle and Hill have elevated Tua. QB>>>>OT or EDGE. Make sure you have that squared away and then worry about building a title contender. If your QB is solid but unspectacular, strong WR play can elevate him to that level.

Stack the defense, scheme the offense is going to be my strategy every time. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Stack the defense, scheme the offense is going to be my strategy every time. 

I do like this thought .. problem being, who is going to determine what/will/who/when to draft, keep obtain for that to happen?  Who is going to "lead" this stacked defense strategy?  Who is going to scheme the offense?  I really do like the idea but there's a whole lot of things to filter out for this to become a reality.   

5 hours ago, malak1 said:

I'm not saying that it's likely, but you're also talking potentially about a post-June 1st deal in which the team isn't giving up any 2023 draft picks.  Right now, he's played 6 of the last 7 games and played in 95%+ of the snaps in 3 of those.  If he can stay healthy the rest of the season, I think he would absolutely have a market if the Packers decided to trade him.  I'm not convinced they would trade him.  I think the only chance of it happening would be if the Packers moved Aaron Rodgers too.

4 hours ago, malak1 said:

I think a team would absolutely trade a conditional 3rd round pick (escalates to a SRP based on either GP or % of snaps played).