Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

Once we draft Mayer or Washington we should probably throw some stacks at Mercedes Lewis to be a coach.  Make a vet minimum player salary so he can make similar money to playing with another team but without the concussions and salary cap ramifications.   

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Once we draft Mayer or Washington we should probably throw some stacks at Mercedes Lewis to be a coach.  Make a vet minimum player salary so he can make similar money to playing with another team but without the concussions and salary cap ramifications.   

Why not just play him? Great locker room guy.  Tremendous blocker, until I see otherwise.  He fulfills his role perfectly.

• Like 1

Using Mercedes as a third OT is a very viable option. Then you throw to him and he's wide open. Not many guys who can do it. Will he get a ton of yards after catch? NO, but he will get that short TD or 1st down when really needed. 

• Like 1

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/pro-day-news-and-rumors-will-mcdonald-xavier-hutchinson-and-andrei-iosivas-star-at-iowa-state-and-princeton-pro-days/

As expected, the star of the show was Will McDonald IV. His 40 times came in at 4.62 to 4.65 seconds. McDonald ran the 40 wearing a short sleeve hoody. NFL personnel people joked he would’ve run under 4.60 seconds without the extra draft.

His three-cone times were as fast as 6.60 seconds, and his short shuttle was 4.21 seconds. He looked terrific in drills, and there were many compliments about McDonald’s agility and ability to bend. The only criticism I heard was McDonald looked off balance because he’s “Too fast for his body.”

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Pass Rushers who run good cones and aren't too small are basically always good.  I'm fine with McDonald at 15 even if that's a "huge reach."

Pretty sure McDonald isn't even close to the weight threshold.