Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

This is dumb and way behind.  But what's the though process regarding QB?  It's a given all four are long gone by 13, which is great; and which means that the Packers can grab no worse than their #9 non-QB prospect?  And probably, since Gute scouts quite differently from many other teams, probably one of our top 6-8 non-QB guys will be there at 13?  

Or is no given that all four QB's are gone.  And maybe *IF* one is left who somebody likes, Gute might still make a good trade-down?  

Should be fun either way.  I admit I kinda love it either way.  *IF* the Packers trade up, you know they LOVE the guy they went up for, for their scheme and needs.  *IF* the Packers trade back, that suggests they think they can get what/who they want anyway, but gain some extra draft pick besides.  So that's kind of a win, too.  and if they just stand pat and let the draft come to them, that's cool too.  And supports notion that they really like what's there, without thinking the guy is no better than a plateau of similiar guys so that trade-back would make sense.  

17 minutes ago, R T said:

If you listen to Greg Cosell on the Ross Tucker podcast he didn't have a very high opinion of Jones. Now watch Jones be the Packers pick at 13. Lol

I think he has bust potential as well. But athletically he really seems like a guy we'd like. I'll be nervous if he's the pick but will root like hell we think his issues are easily fixable.

20 minutes ago, R T said:

If you listen to Greg Cosell on the Ross Tucker podcast he didn't have a very high opinion of Jones. Now watch Jones be the Packers pick at 13. Lol

Jones is your classic what he is versus what he can be prospect. Gary was the same. I'd bet on a skillset like that with this staff, but I can see why many would be scared off. Sitting behind Bakh here is another huge plus for a raw LT like that.

• Like 1

If the Pack stays at 13 it's gotta be OL DL or Edge.  Is JSN that good that you could take him at 13?  Man dunno.  More like Gute to take one in the middle rounds and another late.  Sprinkle in a couple of UDFA's.  New hot chick on NFL Network.  Nice brunette with blue eyes.  Gute will take a guy that we aren't talking about.  We'll all be pissed like WTH Gute?  We'll hate the pick and the kid will turn out to have a HOF career.  Be par for the course. 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

If the Pack stays at 13 it's gotta be OL DL or Edge.  Is JSN that good that you could take him at 13?  Man dunno.  More like Gute to take one in the middle rounds and another late.  Sprinkle in a couple of UDFA's.  New hot chick on NFL Network.  Nice brunette with blue eyes.  Gute will take a guy that we aren't talking about.  We'll all be pissed like WTH Gute?  We'll hate the pick and the kid will turn out to have a HOF career.  Be par for the course. 

maybe a team looking for a WR (BAL, NYG, LAC, BUF, NE) could be willing to move up for JSN.  less likely with BUF to come up that far or NE to move up 1 spot, but one never knows

24 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Unfortunately there’s not a WR in this draft worth the 13th pick. Take the OL/DL/EDGE and then go WR with one of the 2nd round picks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craig said:

This is dumb and way behind.  But what's the though process regarding QB?  It's a given all four are long gone by 13, which is great; and which means that the Packers can grab no worse than their #9 non-QB prospect?  And probably, since Gute scouts quite differently from many other teams, probably one of our top 6-8 non-QB guys will be there at 13?  

Or is no given that all four QB's are gone.  And maybe *IF* one is left who somebody likes, Gute might still make a good trade-down?  

Should be fun either way.  I admit I kinda love it either way.  *IF* the Packers trade up, you know they LOVE the guy they went up for, for their scheme and needs.  *IF* the Packers trade back, that suggests they think they can get what/who they want anyway, but gain some extra draft pick besides.  So that's kind of a win, too.  and if they just stand pat and let the draft come to them, that's cool too.  And supports notion that they really like what's there, without thinking the guy is no better than a plateau of similiar guys so that trade-back would make sense.  

Maybe Will Levi still on board?  Maybe the Jets like him and trade us 15 and another 2nd?