QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

14 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Just mentioning the idea of drafting Fields over Wilson around here and you’d get mobbed

Don't have the time today to go back and look. But I'll one of the days this week and go back and looks and see who was pro Fields with me and who didn't like him. I only changed my thoughts on it all when it became 100% pretty much that we were going Wilson at 2. So there was 0 sense in debating Fields > Wilson at that point. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Don't have the time today to go back and look. But I'll one of the days this week and go back and looks and see who was pro Fields with me and who didn't like him. I only changed my thoughts on it all when it became 100% pretty much that we were going Wilson at 2. So there was 0 sense in debating Fields > Wilson at that point. 

There were definitely only a few asking for Fields. Most people were enamored with Wilson while I wanted nothing to do with him. Hell, I wanted Chase over Wilson.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

There were definitely only a few asking for Fields. Most people were enamored with Wilson while I wanted nothing to do with him. Hell, I wanted Chase over Wilson.

The odd thing with our team is that being a winning team is just a matter of health. If Hall, Becton and AVT were healthy… we probably have 3-4 more wins. So it’s not like we need this huge infusion of talent.

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The odd thing with our team is that being a winning team is just a matter of health. If Hall, Becton and AVT were healthy… we probably have 3-4 more wins. So it’s not like we need this huge infusion of talent.

Agreed, I think we should just allocate the cap to more impactful players and keeping the impactful ones we have. We have a lot of money tied to like 4-5 players that simply don't impact the game nearly enough or aren't available enough. Going to be a very interesting offseason for Joe Douglas yet again. The best part though, is like you said, their is a legit foundation and we are very close. Even with Becton and AVT we do definitely need some more help on the OL.