QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think so either. But somehow we traded Darnold for a decent package. Don’t think we get that for Wilson…. But we still might get something good like a 2nd. Reason being he’s still under contract for 2 years at a good deal for any QB. That’s why we could argue keeping him and just demoting him to 3rd string or something.

What I don’t want is to be tricked into paying White good money.

Yeah, I definitely see an NFL team thinking they can save Wilson. Teams like MIN and GB can afford to stash him and see how he pans out learning under a good QB. Others like NO, DET, SEA have solid vets that they might run again preferring to spend their first on other pieces and try Wilson for a lesser pick. Then there's LV, TB, IND and AZ that might be getting desperate enough to to try anything to fill in their QB ranks with a winner.

On 12/29/2022 at 2:11 PM, jetfuel34 said:

I'm sorry but is there really that big of jump going from Mike White to say a Carr, Jimmy G, Gardner M or anyone else. I think all these guys are pretty close to the same level in my eyes. I would rather go Aaron Rodgers, Lamar Jackson, or Tom Brady. Have Mike White as your backup and a rookie to work with. If I can't land any of those 3 I'm going with Mike White and a vet to back him up and a rookie for the 3rd spot. I would trade Wilson for a second round pick. 

Mike White ain't good man. Not really sure what you've seen that suggests otherwise. He is being hailed as some kind of savior despite throwing more picks than tds on his career. He failed to throw a TD in either of his past two games. He ha played great in two games in his career and not great in the other 4. He's also been knocked out of games with injuries twice in just 7 games.

Jimmy G and Carr are both way better than him. Minshew is probably a close comp.

28 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Mike White ain't good man. Not really sure what you've seen that suggests otherwise. He is being hailed as some kind of savior despite throwing more picks than tds on his career. He failed to throw a TD in either of his past two games. He ha played great in two games in his career and not great in the other 4. He's also been knocked out of games with injuries twice in just 7 games.

Jimmy G and Carr are both way better than him. Minshew is probably a close comp.

Everyone’s favorite player is the backup QB or next man up when you don’t have a QB. Have said since the get go with White, that he gives us the best chance to win. But that doesn’t equal him being good. It just means he’s better than what we had in there.

For me the worst thing we can do is be tricked into giving White a good contract this off-season. 

• Like 2

Interesting.   Lamar Jackson is effective in cold weather.  I detest that kind of qb but as long as winning is there I have to stomach it.

Derek Carr is slipping on my qb board as Jimmy Garoppolo remains #1.

You guys need no worry about how much Jets will pay to keep Mike White.  He is very very immobile so no NFL will pay him in double digit per season.  Jets can cover 8-11m per season, some incentive included. Maybe lower than that. Please stop pretending Jets will pencil White as our starter due to $$$$.

59 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Carr will be a Titan. Book it.

Ya the QB carousel will be hard to predict. Brady retired I could see Carr going to TB. We’re an option. As good as Tua has been, with his concussions, it might be better for them to bring in a vet. TEN as you said is an option. NYG is an option. We’re an option. Pitt is an option.

Only thing im not holding my breath on is Jackson hitting FA. Can’t see that happening. Might be a drawn out crazy process… but he’ll stay in BAL. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya the QB carousel will be hard to predict. Brady retired I could see Carr going to TB. We’re an option. As good as Tua has been, with his concussions, it might be better for them to bring in a vet. TEN as you said is an option. NYG is an option. We’re an option. Pitt is an option.

Only thing im not holding my breath on is Jackson hitting FA. Can’t see that happening. Might be a drawn out crazy process… but he’ll stay in BAL. 

Yeah but Tennessee specifically for Carr.

Don’t care what happens with Lamar, want nothing to do with giving him that contract.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Jimmy G isn’t going to be cheap 

I still think he stays in SF but you are right. I dont think either him or Carr will be cheap. I actually think we look for the bargain unless JD is feeling heat from Woody which is its own problem. I think if White plays well enough in the next two games hes going to be back and have the opportunity to win the job. I can see us going after someone that has starting experience and maybe considered a fringe starter such as a Jacoby Brissett, Gardner Minshew, Jameis Winston etc. Someone who could be had for cheap and compete. I think the room needs a real shake up. I would also draft either a day 3 QB to let sit or if someone like a Hendon Hooker is there in the 3rd maybe slightly overdraft him just for the upside alone.  Ideally I personally would like to see White/FA/Draftee. I think despite Saleh's optimism publicly regarding ZW, that they look to move him to the highest bidder. 

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I still think he stays in SF but you are right. I dont think either him or Carr will be cheap. I actually think we look for the bargain unless JD is feeling heat from Woody which is its own problem. I think if White plays well enough in the next two games hes going to be back and have the opportunity to win the job. I can see us going after someone that has starting experience and maybe considered a fringe starter such as a Jacoby Brissett, Gardner Minshew, Jameis Winston etc. Someone who could be had for cheap and compete. I think the room needs a real shake up. I would also draft either a day 3 QB to let sit or if someone like a Hendon Hooker is there in the 3rd maybe slightly overdraft him just for the upside alone.  Ideally I personally would like to see White/FA/Draftee. I think despite Saleh's optimism publicly regarding ZW, that they look to move him to the highest bidder. 

Hooker will probably be a 2nd round pick but I would pull the trigger. 100%

I don’t know if JD is willing to overpay for a Carr/Jimmy but he’s in a difficult spot since Wilson busted 

19 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t know if JD is willing to overpay for a Carr/Jimmy but he’s in a difficult spot since Wilson busted 

Yeah he is. Going to be hard to have so much money tied to the QB room while trying to win. I like JD and believe in him, but we are really going to find out who he is this offseason. Between draft and plugging holes and doing what is best for the cap, we are about to learn if these are our guys. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

You are 100% right since the Wilson bust nobody in the front office knows what to do now. Do we go with a rethread player or do we go with a young over hyped draft pick. Or bring back Friz, who will give us a 350 YARD game but throw two INT's in the fourth quarter to lose the game. 

Edited by doumeyer