Titans Fire Jon Robinson (No, this isn't a joke)

-Hope-

Just now, titanrick said:

I’ll say this. Whether it’s the right move or not, it is really encouraging to see an owner forfeit that much money to try to improve the team. Impressive. 

This is something I meant to bring up earlier. I mentioned in our thread on JRob a few weeks back that I didn't think there was any chance he got fired for at least 2 seasons due to his new contract. Amy throwing that kind of money practically out the window is something I never would have expected. And thats not a knock on her, just merely as her status as one of the "poorer"(lol) owners in football.

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Today I learned (via talking about Robinson’s last draft class) that there’s a strong contingent of the Titans fanbase that thinks NPF has been an average to above average RT. Which is fascinating to me.

He seems average. Quite possible he is getting a bump due to lining up across from Daley.

12 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

He seems average. Quite possible he is getting a bump due to lining up across from Daley.

he's been less than average. it's not a death sentence, lots of rookie tackles are bad and improve tremendously a year or two on, but he's not been good at all.

1 hour ago, titanrick said:

I’ll say this. Whether it’s the right move or not, it is really encouraging to see an owner forfeit that much money to try to improve the team. Impressive. 

Does that mean she goes cheap for the next GM because of it?

Instead of getting the best person, we get the easiest? lol

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

This is why the idea of firing our GM while winning our division shouldn't shock anyone. You don't define success as beating Matt Ryan on a team that fired their coach.

The If game is not fair.

If Tanny doesn't throw 3 ints.
If NWI or Conley catches passes from Willis
If Bulluck makes a FG against the Giants.
If......

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Something to think about is if Malik is safe nesxt season. 

It changes a lot of things. 
Does the new GM want to run it back with Tanny. Do they still want to be a Henry led team?

Will they see the same thing in Willis, Robinson did? 

If the idea is to be competitive next year, Tanny is 100% getting extended to lessen his cap hit and he'll be our starter again.

11 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

See Andy Reid, Belichick, Kyle shanahan, Sean McVay, they call the shots 

McVay doesn’t call the shots, Les Sneed does…

Reid doesn’t call the shots, Brett veech does…

Belicheck and Reid have/had generational QBs (and part of why Brady left NE was due to Belichecks deficiencies as a GM)

Kyle Shanahan is the most overhyped .500 career coach ever.

This just has some similarities to the Texans, Bill o brien and Rick smith. The Texans we’re similarly the best in the divison, but not a real contender. O’Brien was a coach of the year darling. And that coaching success ultimately led to him winning the power struggle over Rick smith. 

flash forward a few years later a the Texans were in the toilet and Billy O had traded 2 of the greatest Texans ever, all while their generational QB wanted out. O’Brien almost singlehandedly ran the whole Texans franchise into a fiery dumpster.

now I think Vrabel is a better coach than O’Brien, but I’d rather his focus stay in that realm.

I hope there’s a plan beyond ‘Just give Vrabel personnel control’

11 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I think Todd Downing is a terrible OC.

I also think that Kyle Shanahan would look bad with this personnel. Imagine a Kyle Shanahan offense where the running game is trash because your OL is garbage and can't run or pass block.

I still think we see Downing let go or stripped of responsibility in the off-season.

Kyle shanahan is a .500 coach…

11 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Kyle Shanahan is the most overhyped .500 career coach ever.

kyle shanahan has a better playoff resume than mike vrabel and for all the hype vrabel gets about winning through injuries, shanahan is about to coast into the playoffs with his 3rd string quarterback and half his defense injured. it's also wild to ding shanahan for being a .500 coach when he took on a 49ers team in total rebuild mode coming off a 5-11 year with jim tomsula and a 2-14 year with chip kelly and compare that to vrabel who took over a team that had just won a playoff game. they're in the same coaching tier as far as i'm concerned: very good, but a tier behind the guys who have won a ring.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Also… as it relates to Downing. Y’all know that’s a HC decision right? Downing is a Vrabel pick not a Robinson one or an Amy one. Obviously Amy could force a move, but  I doubt she would overstep Vrabel.

Why not? She fired the last HC that refused to move on his OC.

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Does that mean she goes cheap for the next GM because of it?

Instead of getting the best person, we get the easiest? lol

I get what you’re saying but surely not. I mean the easiest would have been to keep the one she’s just fired. That’s what makes me think it won’t just be a 2 minute decision for the next full time GM.