Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

I don't know how Cousins won't shred our secondary like he's done forever.  

What's the over/under on how many times he will hit passes on the sideline third before the safety and behind the corner?  

I'll put it at 3.

Over/under for Jefferson yards.

I'll put it at 116.

Over/under for Cook yards.

I'll put it at 111.

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

What's the over/under on how many times he will hit passes on the sideline third before the safety and behind the corner?  

I'll put it at 3.

I'll put it at 116.

I'll put it at 111.

Winning this game is going to be one tall task but isn't Cousins good for at least one INT a game?

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'll put it at 3.

I'll put it at 116.

I'll put it at 111.

For all the abuse Cousins takes from GB fans, it's not like the Packers have shut him down over the years.  This will be another legit test to see whether the GB defense is figuring anything out.

23 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Winning this game is going to be one tall task but isn't Cousins good for at least one INT a game?

Depends.  Against us?  No.  Against other teams?  Yes.

21 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

For all the abuse Cousins takes from GB fans, it's not like the Packers have shut him down over the years.  This will be another legit test to see whether the GB defense is figuring anything out.

Yeah.  He takes abuse AND he carves us up.  

It should be that one of the hardest throws to make is against a zone behind the corner and in front of the safety towards the sideline.  But dang, he hits that over and over and over against us.

I kind of view it this way....for years we've rushed 4 and thought that Cousins wasn't good enough to hit those tight spots.  And he has been.

Other teams pressure him and when he tries to play hero ball, they pick him off.

We need to pressure that QB.  Which means, JA needs to be moving around with Jefferson.  While a safety or someone else is there to help out.  The problem now lies with Hoch as the underneath option when that stuff is going on.

22 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Wyatt needs to get stronger.  He's disruptive in the passing game.  Running game not so much.  In time, I think he's going to be a pretty good player.  

Hes been fine in the running game. Hes split doubles to make plays. Even without consistency thats as good as weve got. Wyatt needs reps.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Hes been fine in the running game. Hes split doubles to make plays. Even without consistency thats as good as weve got. Wyatt needs reps.

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but the main thing is that Barry can't expect Wyatt to be effective in any kind of 2-gap role.  It's not who Wyatt is, and it never will be.  Letting Wyatt attack his gap is how he needs to play.  If that isn't how they plan to use him, he never should have been drafted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but the main thing is that Barry can't expect Wyatt to be effective in any kind of 2-gap role.  It's not who Wyatt is, and it never will be.  Letting Wyatt attack his gap is how he needs to play.  If that isn't how they plan to use him, he never should have been drafted.

It doesnt matter. We have 1 guy who can, and it's not even what he's best at.

The Miami game was a step in the right direction. Right around where he should be in rep share.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

So if Bak can play and Nijman can’t, I assume Tom is RT?

Look at you, being all logical and going off of what you've seen this year to predict who will play in that scenario.

I mean it, you are adoreable!

We both know it'll be Newman, cuz, you know.....Hanson played and it took them a long time to figure out that Newman couldn't cut it.

• Like 1