Time to Sack Hackett

jolly red giant

19 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Actually, hiring anyone outside of the franchise right now would be a joke. Rosburgs an older guy, 40 years of experience coaching, nothings going to faze him. He'll be the protypical CEO type. He'll keep his nose out of everybody else's business.

We'll finally have a game plan without Hacketts influence.

No the best thing they could do for 2 weeks is hire an outsider. Have someone with some cred come in and report back an honest assessment. It’s not about winning games. 

They should have brought in a football person with no ties to anything other than the team and the culture. Even like Dave Logan (and no I don’t listen to KoA, and I don’t even like Dave he’s a pompous *** but he does care about the Broncos). Have him evaluate it all and report back what wasn’t working and what was. That’s what a GOOD manager would do. But the Walmarts aren’t good managers, they inherited their money from Sam who actually built the business and would sneak into his stores and pose as a greeter in his final years. That’s a businessman. Greg and Karrie are silver spooners who reap success with no idea how to achieve success. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

He’s just trying to help ID guys - there’s no malice there.    I don’t think Moore is the answer FWIW.   But not every outside FF member comes here to gloat / troll.  @brownie man IMO was being genuine. 

Yeah I was being genuine lol

Great chance that Moore gets a HC job this off-season. I think his offense would do well with what you guys have right now. 

Id imagine you want an offensive minded guy. Who else would you all be connected with? Most likely Payton isn’t taking that spot. 

35 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Actually, hiring anyone outside of the franchise right now would be a joke. Rosburgs an older guy, 40 years of experience coaching, nothings going to faze him. He'll be the protypical CEO type. He'll keep his nose out of everybody else's business.

We'll finally have a game plan without Hacketts influence.

Let’s be honest we play the Chiefs and Chargers, the game plan is don’t get blown out and just finish the season.

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I was being genuine lol

Great chance that Moore gets a HC job this off-season. I think his offense would do well with what you guys have right now. 

Id imagine you want an offensive minded guy. Who else would you all be connected with? Most likely Payton isn’t taking that spot. 

Bienemy never having called plays, being under Andy Reid genius, and having years of interviews - I think that ship has sailed until he’s succeeded as OC somewhere else.   

Moore will likely get HC work - but the untested OC route here is likely too unpalatable now that Hackett’s failed so miserably.   I say that as someone who backed Daboll, O’Connell & M-McDaniel last cycle.   We hire any of those 3 guys we’re not having this convo (may not fix Russ completely but likely miles better than what Hackett brought).    But the stench of Hackett is likely not allowing the OC-turned-HC route this time.  

Edited by Broncofan

46 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I do think Hackett had some cred well beyond just his affable personality - lifetime in football, experience in multiple systems under different coaches, successes and failures from which to learn, a degree from an elite university, a stable family. George, even with his mistakes, is a serious football man who knows his stuff. Even he has to be shocked at how badly this has gone. 

The two-bit “we hired Hackett to get A-Rod” crap also has to end. George made a trade any GM in the same spot would make. He has a rookie coach with a HC pedigree. No one expected this would go this badly.

I wish Hackett the best. Good person. Good family man. A lot of us have have families and can relate to him. Today is a bad day for him, his wife and his kids. He was not cut out for this job, and that’s fine, but this football team needs to make a good decision on the hire next time and I don’t trust the Walmarts to do it. 

He definitely has a solid resume and I am not saying he doesn’t know football.

But as a fan when Hackett was hired it didn’t mention any of these things.  It was how Paton couldn’t get enough of him and thought he was hilarious and they stayed late at the bar laughing and having a good time.

I know Paton is a serious football guy, but that doesn’t mean somehow can’t walk in and throw you for a loop. 

Damn after we hired him I watched one practice of him mic’d up and I was shocked we hired him as an HC. 

Edited by germ-x

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Awful interview and red flags.

Even some of the powers brokers in Denver (not with the broncos, just people with ties to CU and major influence, I don’t need to name names) don’t like him. That said, I won’t put anything past the Walmarts who will give lots of credence to hiring a minority.

The bold really worries me as I feel the same way about the possibility that Bienemy comes.  On nfl live tonight everyone was of the same opinion that this is the least wanted head coaching job out there.  I sadly see it that way as well and seeing that the pool is so thin for HC may make a fool like Bienemy a natural fit so to speak.  He can't get a real HC job and Denver can't get who they really want so the two form a marriage of convenience.  He would be hyped up by the nfl community too and it would appear a good fit when in reality is anything but.   Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Lets hope it does not happen.

Also I remember Russ wanting to play for Peyton for awhile when folks thought Brees was retiring the year before he actually did. This is all setup for Sean Payton to be the next HC. I'm not thrilled with it, but it will be a Fox level hire where he'll bring the Broncos back to respectability. But we probably don't get back to being contenders.

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

But as a fan when Hackett was hired it didn’t mention any of these things.  It was how Paton couldn’t get enough of him and thought he was hilarious and they stayed late at the bar laughing and having a good time.

I know Paton is a serious football guy, but that doesn’t mean somehow can’t walk in and throw you for a loop. 

Damn after we hired him I watched one practice of him mic’d up and I was shocked we hired him as an HC. 

So your beef is how George sold the Hackett hire? That’s PR. Blame Patrick Smyth and his team, as well as the media sycophants like Klis. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

25 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

So your beef is how George sold the Hackett hire? That’s PR. Blame Patrick Smyth and his team, as well as the media sycophants like Klis. 

I mean, he could come out and say something different, right?

Aaron Rodgers paid him respect and said he makes him happy and is fun.

I don’t have a beef with Paton, but he bought into things unrelated to football with this hire.  You can choose to believe that or not.

Edited by germ-x

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What he said.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/.amp/news/george-paton-statement-nathaniel-hackett-hire

Look at the damn GIF.  This was a disaster that Paton fell into because he hit it off with Hackett.  

Edited by germ-x

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

Three things I associate with Paton. 1) His first season he was a wonder at maneuvering in the draft. Probably the best I've seen from a Bronco's GM.

2) He personally backed and hired Hackett, one of the worst NFL coaching hires I've ever seen.

3) He orchestrated probably the worst trade in NFL history. And don't tell me 98% or whatever of football people would have made that trade. It's hyperbolic and irrelevant. My concern is that one guy, with probably 50 experts working for him, could make a call that ridiculously bad. Either our "experts" are woefully inadequate or George made the trade to appease the fans. Either one is awful.

Anyway, I'm a Paton fan in the position they hired him for. A great draft guy. As the "final say guy" I'm not a fan at all. In a matter of a few months he made two of the worst decisions in NFL history. Lets not do that again.