MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Truthfully, that means very little.

I get it, standard procedure and all that. Just brings up bad reminders of the last post intubation expression on my dad’s face. I haven’t seen that/thought of that in years.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I am 100000% sure the 5 minutes thing came down from on high.

That’s the same thing that happened after Shazier and most other injuries. IIRC it’s just a required thing after a certain amount of stopped play. Most likely the refs just said it. 

1 minute ago, Malik said:

I don't understand how the NFL doesn't have a contingency plan for this.

They kind of do, but they all suck. They have protocols for games being rescheduled, for a team choosing not to continue playing, but the specifics of this game, how late in the season it is, how important it is, make their standard plans all kind of suck. They could cancel it and call it a tie, but that still takes the #1 seed away from Buffalo. Buffalo could forfeit, but the same. Cincy could forfeit, but the opposite. Rescheduling is often doable, but with a Monday night game this late in the season it removes all the easy rescheduling solutions.

I 100% agree with everyone saying all that matters right now is Hamlin, and they absolutely can't carry on with this game. But it is the job of the NFL, in the end, to come up with a plan beyond just stopping play tonight. I imagine they wanted some kind of solution before calling it officially.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Other leagues literally have contingencies in place for these situations precisely because you need to have a cohesive plan in place to handle it.

When you make as much in one week as those other leagues combined, why would you have a contingency plan?