MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

For all the talk of lack of preparation - major kudos to the Bills medical staff. They got to Hamlin, immediately understood the severity of the situation and went into critical response mode. 

Their actions likely saved his life. They don't see situations like this (ever, actually) and one bad decision could lead to a very different outcome - the men and women of the Bills medical staff operated with peak urgency and are the unsung heroes in this situation.

Absolutely. This isn’t being said enough.

• Like 1

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

I legitimately don’t think they can. The logistics this late in the season are impossible.

Right. I literally cannot think of a solution that makes sense considering this game affects the Chiefs and Ravens (if not more teams). 

Again I know this does not matter in real life, but in the NFL world (and this is a football forum largely so has to be discussed). Damn logistically this is bad. 

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

For all the talk of lack of preparation - major kudos to the Bills medical staff. They got to Hamlin, immediately understood the severity of the situation and went into critical response mode. 

Their actions likely saved his life. They don't see situations like this (ever, actually) and one bad decision could lead to a very different outcome - the men and women of the Bills medical staff operated with peak urgency and are the unsung heroes in this situation.

These are the people who aren't allowed to panic under the pressure, and they didn't. Heroes, and the whole NFL world got to see them at their finest. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I’m the commissioner of a league and I’m already thinking I’ll just tell the two finalists this year that the championship is officially shared. 

I'm going against a guy who has Burrow, and I have Tyler Bass. I'm going to suggest we carry over point totals for our other players, and take the point totals from Burrow/Bass in Week 18 as sub.

If by some reason Burrow is rested, I’ll let him pick a FA QB…

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I legitimately don’t think they can. The logistics this late in the season are impossible.

It would suck pretty hard if the Chiefs were allowed to get the #1 seed and the Bills don't have the opportunity to tie the record (which they have the tie breaker).

If the Bills finish 13-3 and Kansas City 14-3, I think the AFC Championship (if both teams make it) should be played on a Neutral Field. I think this would be a fair compromise?

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

IMO you don’t right now. If the outcome matters for seeding then do it. If week 18 plays out and the outcome of this game is meaningless give both teams a tie and move on. 

What scenario exists where this game has no relevance? It is extremely important to seeding.

I've seen some mention soccer players, but this to me looked more similar to Chris Pronger. A force to the chest at just the wrong time in the heart cycle can send you into cardiac arrest. If that's what it is then that is somewhat good in that if (hopefully when) stabilized there shouldn't be any additional problems that need attention or fixing in the heart. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lol this is exactly what Skip was trying to say. But it didn’t come out right, and that tied with the timing and general unlikability led to the backlash. 

Skip has a really bad reputation, so even if he says something 1% dislikable, he will be destroyed. Reputation is very important for this reason. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lol this is exactly what Skip was trying to say. But it didn’t come out right, and that tied with the timing and general unlikability led to the backlash. 

Yeah, but skip is a known D bag who doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

IMO you don’t right now. If the outcome matters for seeding then do it. If week 18 plays out and the outcome of this game is meaningless give both teams a tie and move on. 

Well I mean Buffalo lost the 1 seed yesterday, so they kind of did need this game, unfortunately. 

I legit think they may have just conceded the #1 seed by not continuing to play tonight.

Just now, iknowcool said:

What scenario exists where this game has no relevance? It is extremely important to seeding.

Not sure. Not bothered to look it up. But there’s likely some scenario of the right wins and losses that the outcome of this game didn’t matter. 

4 minutes ago, JustAGuy said:

When's the last time we saw a heart injury like this during an NFL game?

We've (unfortunately) seen numerous severe neck/spinal and head injuries, of course, but heart injuries seem incredibly rare. Once-in-a-generation rare.

Awful.

When I saw it first thing I thought of was cornerback DJ Hayden his senior year in college but his injury happened in practice I believe so the world didn't have to see it live like we did tonight.

• Like 1